Gerrard wants to make Coulibally a permanent signing

I’d take him .could be moulded into an absolute beast of a player ,a million quid is peanuts in today’s market

Respect your opinion sir!

I just think after that assault against St Mirren …the scottish game is just not suited to his style of play … and after some of the challenges he has received……I don’t blame him!

Money may be better spent elsewhere……

The actual quote:

There’s certainly a place and a part for Lassana to play between now and the end of the season. But there’s no guarantee with loan players that you can get them back or if they’ll be available.
The price tag for Lassana could be prohibitive. It’s a big consideration.
We like the player but there’s a lot of things involved. Price, salary, his contract at Angers (two years left) and whether there will be interest from other clubs. It’s a complicated one but we do like him.

The actual quote:

There’s certainly a place and a part for Lassana to play between now and the end of the season. But there’s no guarantee with loan players that you can get them back or if they’ll be available.
We like the player but there’s a lot of things involved. Price, salary, his contract at Angers (two years left) and whether there will be interest from other clubs. It’s a complicated one but we do like him.
That to me is absolute manager speak for not wanting to keep him but also not wanting to get him down, we may still need him this season and there’s no point in having an unhappy player.

In my personal opinion he is a useful squad player but no more than that.

That to me is absolute manager speak for not wanting to keep him but also not wanting to get him down, we may still need him this season and there’s no point in having an unhappy player.

Well either way let’s enjoy him while he is here then!

I do respect he at least stayed with us all season after watching Ejaria chucking it!

Like I said some some the tackles on Coulibally in particular have been shocking and bordered on assault!

McGinn……Porteous… to name but two!

I’d take the lassa coulibally that first turned up, the destroyer. What I see now is someone who is protecting himself against the thuggery in the spfl. He knows he’s getting no protection from refs and the game is too physical for him. Another ove ejaria in my book.

If the price is right I wouldnt mind having him in our squad either. He was great when he first came to us. The injury he suffered and intermittent game time he's had since then certainly has certainly affected his form, however there's no reason to think he cant recapture his early form again once he's regained match fitness through a run of games.

The manager sees him train and we dont, so we can only hope the gaffer has seen something worth keeping

Struggles to do the basics, a good engine but blows out of his arse after 70 mins.

He will not be signing imo, the manager has seen what we see

For a midfield that lacks pace, he is the exception, and whilst he may not have been particularly brilliant at the weekend we gained more mobility when he came on. We saw his potential at the beginning of the season; if whatever got in the way of that can be resolved then I can see Gerrard genuinely wanting to keep him.

No chance, him going back, and releasing up the wages of Davis, McCauley
Worral contribution, etc could lend very nicely to adding some players we're going to use

Reads more like a manager saying the right things to keep the player interested between now and the end of the season.

He’s not going to say ‘nah hes crap and we’re punting him back ASAP’.

£1m for a (currently) 4th or 5th choice centre mid?

Not happening. He’s done nothing to deserve a permanent deal in any case.

Not for me - we have jack Kamara mcrorie Arfield and possibly Davis all fairly similar to Coulibaly

I’d rather we spent the money on a number 10 who can unlock a packed defence.

We have far far to many squad players we need to use our budget for first 11 players

Article is a load of shite. Angers want much more than £1m for a start.

The actual quote:

Assuming that’s a recent quote, it’s concerning.

We need a lot better midfielders than Coulibaly.

He’s the worst midfielder at the club.

i dont see what he offers or what role he plays when he comes on. On the 29th he was allover the place though he was a bit better on Sat.

Id rather see someone else get a chance,at 0-0 when looking for a winner he would be one of my last options to bring on.

Coulibaly... was great at the start, but always felt "whats the catch?"..to me, pure athlete. Plays such a rugged game. The way he plays he is bound to break down. Stats guys at his home club did their research. Looks to me like needs a better strength program, watch how his ankles collapse, hes either injured or scared.

Remember the reactions to him when he first signed and we didn’t think we’d be able to afford him?

That player is still in there, we can’t throw players away the second they suffer from a drop off.

Remember the reactions to him when he first signed and we didn’t think we’d be able to afford him?

That player is still in there, we can’t throw players away the second they suffer from a drop off.

About 5-10 games of solid performance versus 4-5 months of nothing, perhaps the initial spell was the exception.

He hasnt been good enough the last few months so unless he gets a run of games and brings back the early form then no chance. We have far too many defensive minded midfielders which effects us so badly at home against teams who sit in. Name big team challenging for titles who play 2 defensive midfielders because I cant think of any!

About 5-10 games of solid performance versus 4-5 months of nothing, perhaps the initial spell was the exception.
He was injured for a few months and his dad died.

His drop off is understandable given the circumstances.

when he's come on recently - Aberdeen & St Johnstone
he's look lively, interested and actually wanting to go at them

play him midweek

Back