Gerrard's interview with Carragher

shrug-alan-partridge.gif

Are we going to have a thread every time Gerrard farts? Let it go, people.
You’re right but I think the interest here is in what he’d say about Rangers and his departure.

I was disappointed that he left but I am still thankful for what he done when he was here. He stopped 9.75 in a row, when he came we had Halliday and Holt - when he left we have Sakala and Kent, He took us from a team getting knocked out of Europe by Progress Niederhorn while the manager argues with fans from a bush to a knock-out stages Europa Cup team.

I wish Gerrard no ill and hope he does well in his career. At the time I said I'm looking at what happened as a glass half full and not half empty, and so far Gio has been great.

I think we are seeing more passion and focus from Gerrard in this Leicester game alone than we saw with us this, the whole of this season.
Says it all for me.
Gio Gio Gio Gio Gio

Gerrard has probably managed more games than GVB I think.
The whole management team assembled for SG should not be overlooked, if that starts to disintegrate I'm not sure whether SG can make the decisions required to change things on his own.

It was clearly just a job for him up here, people would be wise to move on as Gerrard obviously has, I'm quite happy with the new Manager as he seems an upgrade and I thank Gerrard for last season :)
And that’s it in a nutshell

I think most of us hung on to his every word, the love he supposedly had for the club and fans, the “once a Ranger always a Ranger” guff he came out with…..that’s what has annoyed people and most of us were taken in by that.
55 and the way we did it will never be forgotten. He did his job but it was just a job for him at the end of the day

And that’s it in a nutshell

I think most of us hung on to his every word, the love he supposedly had for the club and fans, the “once a Ranger always a Ranger” guff he came out with…..that’s what has annoyed people and most of us were taken in by that.
55 and the way we did it will never be forgotten. He did his job but it was just a job for him at the end of the day
One title in his time is hardly klopp

Should just have came out and said "I'm whipped. The missus told me to get down the road and I obliged."

Working for a few large companies in my time, the majority of the managing directors had families who continued to live in London while they worked up here. Those guys only saw their family maybe once a week without issue, not sure why ex-footballers and football managers struggle with this?

A lot of bitterness towards the man that won us arguably our greatest and most important title. I thought he spoke very highly of us and underestimated the importance of stopping 10iar until he met the fans and realised very quickly how important it was to win the league and stop 10iar.

Sky pushing the narrative that all Rangers fans wanted was to stop 10 in a row and nothing else mattered and Gerrard was a total success.

I wouldn't have minded leaving Hampden with a smile on my face once or twice.

I was never his biggest fan and I'm happy he's gone as he lost his hunger to go again.

Even that interview was just the same recycled answers he gave whilst at us, much like the football we played under him for large periods.. Boring!

A lot of bitterness towards the man that won us arguably our greatest and most important title. I thought he spoke very highly of us and underestimated the importance of stopping 10iar until he met the fans and realised very quickly how important it was to win the league and stop 10iar.
What about his cups performance
He was heavily backed

Not really but going in the way he did im between cup games is a coward
People talk about his loyalty

He whored himself to Chelsea
He whored himself to Chelsea yet stayed with Liverpool. He must have been shite at whoring.

I don’t see how he can be classed as a coward it was a massive task for him to take over at Rangers. A coward could have taken an easy job in the EFL with none of the same pressures you get at Rangers.

"Leave with a heavy heart but with my head held high" - actually speaks quite well and i think time will be more than kind to Gerrard, conducted himself well while here, won us 55 and in hindsight probably left at the right time so that The Boss could come in and inject some fresh impetus.

Good luck at Villa i say.

Sky pushing the narrative that all Rangers fans wanted was to stop 10 in a row and nothing else mattered and Gerrard was a total success.

I wouldn't have minded leaving Hampden with a smile on my face once or twice.

I was never his biggest fan and I'm happy he's gone as he lost his hunger to go again.

Even that interview was just the same recycled answers he gave whilst at us, much like the football we played under him for large periods.. Boring!
If you asked our fans at the start of the league it would be massively about stopping the 10. No idea why people rewrite history.

I'm not sure I can believe he's being sincere with his comments in that interview. He's gone, we have got a new manager and a league to win.

He whored himself to Chelsea yet stayed with Liverpool. He must have been shite at whoring.

I don’t see how he can be classed as a coward it was a massive task for him to take over at Rangers. A coward could have taken an easy job in the EFL with none of the same pressures you get at Rangers.
So he wasnt want to go to Chelsea?

No club would've appointed him in the epl

So he wasnt want to go to Chelsea?

No club would've appointed him in the epl
If he wanted to go to Chelsea he would have went to Chelsea.

I never said EPL. I said he could have taken a cushy job in the EFL, say, like Derby.

You’re doing well here.

Lots of bitter wee men in this thread.
The same men who a few months ago would have proudly proclaimed that we treat our ex managers a lot better than those across the city.

For what it’s worth, I thank SG and his team for bringing us 55, great results in Europe and the additional exposure for our team again. Really felt like we were and are back now. While the timing wasn’t ideal, we had went stale under him, so while I wouldn’t have chosen to change at that stage, hopefully it’s a blessing in disguise.

The same men who a few months ago would have proudly proclaimed that we treat our ex managers a lot better than those across the city.

For what it’s worth, I thank SG and his team for bringing us 55, great results in Europe and the additional exposure for our team again. Really felt like we were and are back now. While the timing wasn’t ideal, we had went stale under him, so while I wouldn’t have chosen to change at that stage, hopefully it’s a blessing in disguise.

Totally agree. Will always be thankful for last season's title and hope he does great down there.

Was also good to see him get the better of the tranny lover today.

It'll be the same "supporters" who go to Ibrox and abuse our own players when they make a mistake.

If you asked our fans at the start of the league it would be massively about stopping the 10. No idea why people rewrite history.
Aye, at the start of last season's league campaign. Stating the obvious there. We would have been saying it before his first 2 seasons as well and then he absolutely bottled it the league and cup final in his second season. So it ended up being all or nothing only this time it was only the league that really mattered.

No idea why some folk rewrite history.

Aye, at the start of last season's league campaign. Stating the obvious there. We would have been saying it before his first 2 seasons as well and then he absolutely bottled it the league and cup final in his second season. So it ended up being all or nothing only this time it was only the league that really mattered.

No idea why some folk rewrite history.
They said when he took over stopping the ten was what it was all about.

That is absolutely true.

His cup performances could obviously have been better but in my opinion he won the trophy that mattered more than any other.
They all matter. If he doesn't bottle it in his second season we're on for 3IAR right now.

Reactions: SSR
Was strange by chance watching Villa v Leicester. In one corner that horrible imp Brendan and in the other our boy that walked out of us. As someone else said the pain of Gerard walking out is starting to ease for me personally so I decided I wanted Villa to win. Then I saw John McGinn and the world didn't make sense again.

I never argued against that.
But that’s what they said. You said it wasn’t the case that ten was all that really mattered. When he took over it was. Of course as time goes on ambitions change, but when he took over that was the main objective as Dave King himself stated.

Back