Gerrard post match

I get sick of saying it in almost every thread but the way we start games and the lack of focus and concentration is embarrassing for a professional club. We gift chances to the opposition repeatedly, not only away from home in Scotland, but also at home in Europe, the recent tie against Feyenoord when they could have scored as early as the first minute being a classic example. The Manager clearly now recognises this as a major concern, as he mentions in the above interview. Will the players finally take this on board ?

Obviously feels he does everything possible in the run up to matches and once they cross the white line he is being let down.

A point at Tynecastle is not a crisis but the manner of it is what disappoints.

A real chance to step up and say we shall not be moved.

Didn’t see the match today but listened on the way home.

We seem to have a big problem with laying down a marker. We just seem to fizzle out when a big performance is required.

Our players have to find the answer soon as the Tims will smell blood again.

Clearly not happy. Agreeing with many of the “bipolar”, “fickle”, “panty wetters” on here.

Is he?

Must have missed him saying Tavernier needs dropped or stripped of the captaincy, they're all shitebags, we'll never win the league, Ojo should be sent back to Liverpool, why did we pay £7m for Kent, Arfield offers f*ck all, etc.

He just says it was a poor performance, didn't create enough, and our bad start cost us. Which I think we all agree with.

Last edited:
Obviously feels he does everything possible in the run up to matches and once they cross the white line he is being let down.

A point at Tynecastle is not a crisis but the manner of it is what disappoints.

A real chance to step up and say we shall not be moved.
Normally you go to Tynecastle and know that you might have a problem or two.
But that Hearts team are rather shyte if truth be told.
They were prepared to fight for every ball, but that shouldn't be enough to take points off a Rangers team who want to win a league.

I am fckin raging. Trying not to think about it and took the dog for a long long walk.

All the hard work in the past few weeks undone by a lacklustre, couldnae be bothered performance.

Its all very well getting on Tavernier's back but at least he isnt hiding. Yes he is having a mare but there are others who would have been better off sitting in the house today.

I will bet a penny to a pound of rocking horse shit that all the posters on here last week talking about winning the league are the first to be complaining today. As a group we need to get real and keep level headed at all times. Days like today just make the furore of the last couple of weeks embarrassing.

The lacklustre start gave Hearts all the belief they needed that they could get something from the game today. We should have came out the traps like champions, all guns blazing and shown our intent from the first whistle.
Not anywhere near good enough today.

It's the managers fault pure and simple. He picks the team and is playing players based on reputation rather than form.

He needs to understand and fast that he needs a midfield of warriors and not players who read too much in the press about themselves.

Done the same with the Tim's in our own back yard.
100% this.The honeymoon period is over.

Did he do a BT Sport interview? I know the program ended without him speaking but don‘t they usually record it for later?

Individual errors always happen but I couldn’t believe we appeared for the 2nd half having changed nothing. That is on the manager

Back