Gerry McNee (I'll save you from clicking, he's not dead. Yet.)

In his column in the morning...."Number 8 is a waste of space."

On STV in the afternoon...."Here's Gascoigne now can he produce some magic, still it's Gascoigne.....oh yes!"

Hated gazza and was great to see him have to act so delighted that he scored!

He hated us.
All of us.

He must have a login for here, I would like to ask him, did he know?
If he did, why did he not name and shame on the front page of his newspaper.
A guaranteed passport to heaven no matter what his bosses and those in power threatened him with from the only one who matters.
Lives saved, freed from their nightmare day and night thoughts and dreams. as the bstreds who did it are named, shamed and punished.
If they have not all been caught, there is still time!

RW&A will be looking out his dancing shoes when he clocks the thread title, only to be sorely disappointed once he opens it.

Just watched that Davie Robertson ‘offside’ goal.

I’m only 24 but has it always been this bad towards us with officiating? Bearing in my mind that was during our most successful period.

About 4 players were playing him onside. Shocking.

I had no idea who McNee was but judging by the comments he was a prominent Scottish commentator who had leanings to the darkside. Seems a bit similar to Crocker and Walker now.

I’m only 24 but has it always been this bad towards us with officiating? Bearing in my mind that was during our most successful period.

I had no idea who McNee was but judging by the comments he was a prominent Scottish commentator who had leanings to the darkside. Seems a bit similar to Crocker and Walker now.

He was and still is a dirty 19th Century Terrorist bastard who was allowed free reign to abuse Rangers and our supporters in the News of The World and on STV for years

He drank in Heraghtys and the Elcho in Strathbungo and was hated even in those mentally challenged slop houses.

I actually walked by him outside the Regent one evening but it took me a couple of seconds to work out who it was and when I turned to confront the bigot , he was gone in a Kaizer Sauze sort of way

He was good target practice for Gazza. That's how the 'number eight' thing started apparently. :D

Aye, Gazza launched the ball at him in the stand one day:D
I remember he was on an STV phone in show one night, somebody accused him of being anti Celtic and he proceeded to pull out a medal that he carries around with him, it had been given to him by one of the Lisbon Lions. The cringe level was off the scale.

Think there should be a rule that thread can only be titled Gerry McNee Dead or Gerry McNee Not Dead.
Would prevent raising false hopes.

Aye, Gazza launched the ball at him in the stand one day:D
I remember he was on an STV phone in show one night, somebody accused him of being anti Celtic and he proceeded to pull out a medal that he carries around with him, it had been given to him by one of the Lisbon Lions. The cringe level was off the scale.
Incredible how anyone could ever have thought he was anti Celtic!!

Another one who made a good living out of Scottish football, but hated the game up here. You used to hear him yawning doing the commentary

He was and still is a dirty 19th Century Terrorist bastard who was allowed free reign to abuse Rangers and our supporters in the News of The World and on STV for years

He drank in Heraghtys and the Elcho in Strathbungo and was hated even in those mentally challenged slop houses.

I actually walked by him outside the Regent one evening but it took me a couple of seconds to work out who it was and when I turned to confront the bigot , he was gone in a Kaizer Sauze sort of way
Was that after He got punched in Heraghaty,s by KD

One of many regular articles which McPish wrote about Gazza

That might be the very article I read when I must have been 12 or 13 and I told my dad about it and I can still remember his exact words - "McNee? Aye he'd love it if Gazza left, he's as bitter as they come". Until then I'd just thought of him as the Scotsport commentator.

He pulled out his Jimmy McGrory medals if i remember correctly . Think he wrote McGrorys biography and was given a couple of his medals . The standard of sports journalism in this country has always been poor , at least for the past 30 odd years .

Remember that wee shite James Sanderson on Clyde in the 80s? We fud. Not sure why he came into my head there, must have been a trigger set off by McNee. There seems to be no end to the disdain our Club is held in over the past 30 odd years. Focus and balanced reporting. We can only dream.

I worked beside a rhabid scum fan at the time and he was pals with the linesman who of course was a tim . I was assured in the days leading up to the game that he coudnae wait to put his flag in the air at every opportunity , he wasn't joking . I think there was just the 4 men playing Robertson onside .

In his column in the morning...."Number 8 is a waste of space."

On STV in the afternoon...."Here's Gascoigne now can he produce some magic, still it's Gascoigne.....oh yes!"

Hated gazza and was great to see him have to act so delighted that he scored!
Exactly what he was like.
He also referred to Gascoigne as a number two more than once.
Also, whilst we’re on it, Advocaat, known as the little general before he dame to Rangers, was, to him, the little corporal.
Bitter bar steward.

Used to love Man U and Fergie until the two of them had a big fall out about something

Hated Gazza and always (along with others) harped on about how it didn’t matter what happened domestically and only what was achieved in the champions league was important, this narrative seems to have mysteriously disappeared in recent years
Remember this as well.
He made this very point around 1990 when stating a European game was much more important to a League Cup Final the following weekend and we should be resting players in order to play better in Europe.
It’ll surprise you, not a lot, to know the LC final opponents were the scum.

One of many regular articles which McPish wrote about Gazza
Before McNee went full retard towards Gazza. He was still calling him by his name in that article.

He started calling him “Number 8” after the team were training the night before the game in Zurich and Gazza gave him some verbals from the pitch. Couple of weeks later was the infamous booting the ball at the gantry incident at Easter Rd.

Not as bad as some of the pundits around today tbh. Although i probably just didnt care as Rangers won 9 in a row during the years he was writing.

Genuinely cannot think of a more bitter pundit.

Made it all the more amusing hearing him commentating on a Rangers win! You could hear the rage in his voice.

20f72f7.jpg

Back