Gers Chiefs plan offer to get Sheyi Ojo on a permanent deal

good stats but poor work rate. the complete inverse of kent. plus he can't make all 11 Celtic players collectively shit their pants when he picks the ball up. my summary

Not sure this is comparable to the deal we did for Kent.I like the guy but not sure if we lay decent money on him we can get a return.He undoubtably can change games but the jury is out for me.

It's the Express, and the first line states: "Rangers chiefs have discussed trying to sign Liverpool loanee Sheyi Ojo on a permanent deal, it is claimed."

In other words a shitey tabloid making stuff up as they have no real news to report.

Is this a wind up? The guy would definitely have to up his work rate and look slightly more interested.
Also all this stats pish, Kent isn’t remote like Ojo in any way.

Last edited:
lads it's the daily express. anyone wetting their pants over this and treating it with any credibility should be banned

Correct on all fronts.

I'm not saying it'll never be discussed, but at this VERY early stage in his loan, I'd be astonished if we were already making moves to make Ojo a permanent signing.

Story plucked from the sky in my opinion.

Willing to give him the season before properly judging.

passes the numbers test for goals and assists but on the eye, clearly loads more he could be doing. Like a better version of Windass currently.

Correct on all fronts.

I'm not saying it'll never be discussed, but at this VERY early stage in his loan, I'd be astonished if we were already making moves to make Ojo a permanent signing.

story plucked from a web journalist on £8 an hour's arse. there will be absolutely no one in Ibrox considering shelling out on Ojo right now.

One minute he has flashes of brilliance and has proven to get goals/assist, then the next minute he can be completely anonymous and a nudge up from being a man down.

He’s still learning though and he will get better/consistent.

As for getting him full time..... I doubt there’s much truth in it at the moment. Lazy journalism.

Wouldn't be rushing out for him if I'm being honest.

I'm not really sold on his stats either, when you look into them, they're all a bit Windass like.

I'm prepared for the abuse.

Correct on all fronts.

Correct. Although fans have the biggest of knee jerk reactions.

This time last season, most fans wanted Coulibaly signed up for £5m on a 5-year deal. Fast forward a only few months and they didn’t want him anywhere near the starting 11.

He'd be a good project signing at £2m, I'd laugh at Liverpool if they wanted any more than that.

tenor.gif
Ha ha

I’m not 100% convinced yet

but what I will say is he’s produced more than Kent has at this stage of last season

I think given time and confidence he may well end up a very good signing....but I wouldn’t be chasing a permanent deal until he’s done enough to merit it

I'd take him if the fee isn't too much.

You'd put up with his poor performances more if you knew we were developing a player for ourselves and not Liverpool.

I can't see a fee being agreed on this though.

He's had a better start than Kent had this time last year and nobody would of predicted we would end up paying 7 million for him a year on.

You only have to look at Kent's improvement under Gerrard from January onwards if he can do the same with ojo then we'll have a hell of a player on our hands the club would be mad not to put the feelers out to see where this could go

Didn’t he sign a new 5 year deal just before coming to us? Which would suggest liverpool have plans for him?

FWIW I actually think if he can get taking one too many touches out of his game and hit or pass it that tiny bit earlier, he will be a really good player

Didn’t he sign a new 5 year deal just before coming to us? Which would suggest liverpool have plans for him?

FWIW I actually think if he can get taking one too many touches out of his game and hit or pass it that tiny bit earlier, he will be a really good player
The contract thing is a common thing and does not necessarily mean he is in their plans. Just protecting their asset.

For what it's worth I'd be surprised if the lad has a genuine future at Liverpool.

Still not sure what to make of Ojo and whether he'd be a decent player to have on the books. He's clearly a player with a fair amount of ability. However, I am not convinced we're getting the best out of him or he wants to give us his best every game.

He has flashes of brilliant but usually isn't great for a mass majority of each game.

It happened. We had dozens upon dozens of posters wanting Morelos sold in the summer of 2018.
Absolutely happened. A lot of people questioned his weight also and suggested he wasn't getting in shape.

Kent started off really slowly with us too and got a bit of heat. That's why I think we need to give Ojo more time. Kent never hit form until Christmas.

Maybe trying to get a deal sorted before we end up where we were with Kent trying to get him cheaper when they held the cards.

Did he not just sign a 5-year contract with Liverpool before he came here on a season loan. Given he has then I can't see how we could afford him.

We'd be jumping the gun a bit at this point.

Let's wait to see how we've faired come the end of the season and then assess it from there.

Intelligent player and a quick learner.

A future Captain in the making, progressing to Manager and Title 65 is his.

Bookmarked for 2039.

Long term contracts means the club can get a ridiculous amount for him if they were to sell him. Nothing more than that imo.

A very under-rated player. Signing him permanently would be great be a great move for the club.

I would be surprised if we sign him permanently, if he does well with us then then the money they would want for him would be ridiculous.

I think he has a real fight on his hands now to keep his place with Kent and Jones getting back to fitness

Back