Gers Chiefs plan offer to get Sheyi Ojo on a permanent deal

If Ojo can put some aggression and and also put himself through the pain of being the fittest at the club he can be what he wants.....for me he can either continue on his current path and be a good pro or bustt his backside this year or 2 and be a great player and England international it's up too him

be better for Rangers to get a price cast in stone before any loan player signs for us on the pretence they may want to extend their stay following a successful loan spell

The boy has more assists and goals than Kent in the what 15 games we gave had than Kent got in a full season

I like the boy he could develop into a really good player

Absolutely happened. A lot of people questioned his weight also and suggested he wasn't getting in shape.

Kent started off really slowly with us too and got a bit of heat. That's why I think we need to give Ojo more time. Kent never hit form until Christmas.
I agree with giving him more time if he is our own player but not doing it for another team.

Doesn’t have the heart or fight in him which was especially evident in the old firm game.

And you can see this by October? To a man the team were all awful in Old Firm game. The guy has already scored and assisted more than Candeias or Kent last season as far as I’m aware. People said Barisic had no heart too, Tav as well in the early days.

I don't doubt he will turn into a good player, i doubt that he can handle the expectation that comes with being a Rangers player though,

I agree with giving him more time if he is our own player but not doing it for another team.

We have him for a season and if he picks up and hits form like Kent then he deserves to play. If he really struggles then he won't. I don't agree withdropping players simply because we don't 'own' them. We have him for a season, it's in our interest for him to become a good player this season.

You must be joking, as far as I’m concerned he’s on the same par as Kamara, blows hot and cold. Get him on what we paid for Kamara then it’s not a risk. Can think on better ways too spend monies, too much of a risk of funds, that we have to watch.

No need to commit ourselves one way or the other.
But it can't do the player any harm to think we rate him that highly, his confidence could be low after a couple of poor performances lately.

He's got enormous potential......but I heard him described as a bit of a Josh Windass which I can see.

I'm glad I'm not getting paid to make the decision

If we can sign him on a permanent deal that'd be amazing.
For those concerned about his "lack" of form I suspect he's playing with injuries. He played against Legia while injured, and SG was impressed with his commitment. His full recovery hasn't been reported, so I think he is continuing to manage his injury, and play while in pain.
Ojo has enormous potential, and I'm pretty certain he'll fulfil that potential if he joins us. I hope he does.

I think Ojo gets a raw deal.
He has all the pace and power to be a success but I feel he just lacks a bit of belief/confidence in his own ability.
Like others have said,I think he’ll get better as the season goes on.

And you can see this by October? To a man the team were all awful in Old Firm game. The guy has already scored and assisted more than Candeias or Kent last season as far as I’m aware. People said Barisic had no heart too, Tav as well in the early days.

Every time I see him and he gives the ball away there is no desire to get it back. He just sulks.

Not that I wouldn't take him, but we really don't need to buy every good loanee we get.

Money is needed in other areas, especially now.

I think Ojo gets a raw deal.
He has all the pace and power to be a success but I feel he just lacks a bit of belief/confidence in his own ability.
Like others have said,I think he’ll get better as the season goes on.

Folk say he’s lazy but I don’t think it’s that at all. I tend to agree with you, for whatever reason, he seems slightly lacking in confidence. He has no need to be. He has all the tools, he just needs to take more risks in his play. However, that’s not an easy thing in front of an unforgiving Ibrox crowd.

I think there were shades of that with Kent in the first half of last season as well though, perhaps, not to the same degree.

They are young lads joining us, generally, on the back of ‘poor’ loan spells elsewhere. That may well account for it because both have enormous talent, as Kent showed us in the second half of last season.

He's exactly as I expected and I get why people get annoyed with him. But he's more effective in an attacking sense than candeias.

He will get better, just like Kent did.
Agree with this Candeias was much better in covering when Tav went forward do not see that in his game not a criticism management need to work on that

I’d be delighted if we got this lad on a permanent deal

Even at this very early stage in his career with us, he’s regularly delivering where it matters, with goals and assists.

I suspect that is what Gerrard sees in him that some of our support don’t, to answer an earlier question.

Until Ojo shows a greater desire to win and utter refusal to accept defeat and be prepared to give everything in the process, I’d hold off. Until he gets it, he’s a luxury player.

I’d have him permanently, Kent will be a good influence and I’d hope that his effort helps Ojo to up his game and compete. As long as it was not too much we’d def sell on at a good profit.

For all his faults, his raw potential is massive. If we could get him to improve in some areas he would be a great signing. Have to remember he is only 22, and is contributing a lot this season

Sorry - No

We aren't able to fund big money transfers and the associated salaries that go with them

Honestly the Kent deal still surprises me - that we gave Liverpool £7m for a reserve plus he will be on top wages at club.

Ojo will be in similar bracket - and to be honest i think the level of money required to get him permanently could be better spent elsewhere. I am NOT saying the lad might not become a worldy and worth a fortune - just that we aren't in that market to be able to fund such a risk.

Maybe give some of OUR youth the same chance we offer to EPL "Potentials" would be a better business model ??

I think Ojo is worth trying as a straight out striker. He's he the lighting pace needed in that position.

He's not near displacing JD or Alfie though.

He has the best attacking output of any Rangers player who doesn’t play centre forward.

Once he puts it all together, he’ll be a really good player. You can see that he has mid-table-EPL level ceiling. Just getting there that’s the difficult part.

He's already 22...it's not as if he's a teenager.

Genuinely wouldn't pay more than £1m for him.

Be interesting to compare his stats with Kent’s at this time last year.

I think some people might be unhappy.

Why do some people only look at stats?

Stat wise Iniesta would look like a bang average central midfielder.

Let your eyes decide if someone is a player or not - with Ojo, it seems that he's not (IMO). Scoring the odd goal here or there won't change that. Him putting in a performance for 90 minutes and not the odd flash of magic once every three games might.

OP has made a spelling mistake in the thread title. After the video last week where Ojo displayed a remarkable knowledge and passion for Indian cuisine, Gers chefs are keen to get him on board.

Back