OX7MX3G.jpg

VoofyEd.jpg

aUlu7t8.jpg

JIl651z.jpg

eBCPUU3.jpg

4G0fWSd.jpg

3e6l6pW.jpg

SlR7Czk.jpg

Brilliant pics, found myself in the 3rd one down, what a 3 days that was! Big thanks for posting them .

One of my favourites. Only bad memory was me and my mate collapsing in a shop doorway climbing that hill from the square to make our way to the game. Reached the top and immediately flagged a taxi.

Great pics mate, brilliant trip. Was it not in November and it was still nice weather. Mind sitting down by the river on the day of the game getting bevvied.

Brilliant trip, we did the 2 night stay through Sport Options, the night before the game in the square was a laugh, I remember the bottle of fairy liquid in the fountain too!
The day of the game in the square was great too, Bolton were playing Guimares the following night so a lot of their fans were there too and had a great time mingling with the bears, different story after the game though when we got back to the square, they'd basically taken over the square and made it clear we weren't welcome, it wasn't long before they were sent up the road with their tails between their legs though!

Done the day trip, got lots of photos in the house almost identical to these haha.
We bought a big carry out, cheap as %^*& in a wee shop at the top of that hill and then sat next to the river swallying it.

Remember bolton plying the next night and there fans in the square. O and the ever popular ross mccormack scoring the equaliser seems a long time back but a great trip

Brilliant pics. Spotted our flags from Airdrie and Greengairs. I remember going to the game doing the bouncy on the metro/tram and thought it was going to bounce off the rails ha ha. Did the stadium tour the next day and it was some place. Managed to nick some Porto Rangers champions league signs and other stuff that was still on display.

Of all my dozens of European trips with the Bears, this is up there in the top 5 favourites.

The only down side to it, was that my Luton/Rangers pal Gus and I missed our early morning flights home to Stansted after over celebrating out until the wee small hours.
With an estimated 5,000 Rangers fans trying to get back to the UK post match, the only available flights for the two of us were Aer Lingus to Gatwick at £500 for a pair of one way tickets - had no choice but to stump up - and then pay for train tickets to Luton extra! .............a VERY expensive trip, but still one of THE best.

Just remember on Sky when the goal went in, the bear through his young boy up in the air and he never seemed to come down anywhere ! Was like the old irn bru advert at the train station. Can remember these photos when posted the first time,can't believe it is 14 years.

Great pics. Went to Porto in 1983, slightly less fans there then approx. 800. Left on Sunday on the supporters bus and got back to Glasgow chucking out time on the Friday night then off to
Ibrox to face the Tims next day.

I'm in 2 of the pics (3rd and 11th)
Great trip. Was my 2nd trip to Porto. Was there in the eighties. Tommy McLean's only game in charge I think.

Brilliant trip, we did the 2 night stay through Sport Options, the night before the game in the square was a laugh, I remember the bottle of fairy liquid in the fountain too!
The day of the game in the square was great too, Bolton were playing Guimares the following night so a lot of their fans were there too and had a great time mingling with the bears, different story after the game though when we got back to the square, they'd basically taken over the square and made it clear we weren't welcome, it wasn't long before they were sent up the road with their tails between their legs though!

Did they get a shoeing?

Although I wasn’t there, this night was just a few weeks after my 18th birthday and I was in my first year of uni.

I think this may still rank in the top 5 drunkest nights I’ve ever had. In the wee small hours some of my flat mates were returning home and came across, to their horror, what looked like a dead body lying face down in the mud outside.

It was me.

Those European nights were blessed relief on what was a shocking season. We’d lost 3-0 at Celtic the weekend prior, and would lose to Hibs the following weekend.

Nah, there was really only a couple of idiots in their lot that were getting mouthy, they soon backed down with the number of bears.

40 Robocops were waiting round the corner if anything actually happened.

We met their casuals in a lap dancing club a couple of hours after they left the square, there were a good few more of them than us at the time and to be fair they were ok with us and didnt take any liberties.

Back