Gers Stores in St Enoch & Belfast

GummyBear

Does anybody know what's happening with the Rangers stores in Belfast & St Enoch, now that the deal with Elite is finished? I haven't seen anybody really talking about it, but they appear to still be recruiting staff etc. Also, wasn't the one in St Enoch bought on a 10 year lease?

Ive wondered about this too. I feel like the talk of Nike and Adidas seems pretty far fetched with the way things are with this retail agreement.

Unless we pull a rabbit out the hat with a major global player then it’s only SDI that has the buying power . Let’s no kid ourselves it could well be SDI. tbh it needs to stop one way or another.
If and it’s a big if we have to deal with the fat slug - I would go all out to ensure JD SPORTS were our shirt sponsors and let the fat slug promote and sell our shirts on his sports direct website and other outlets

free publicity for JD Sports by spivs direct who are their biggest rivals, courtesy

If and it’s a big if we have to deal with the fat slug - I would go all out to ensure JD SPORTS were our shirt sponsors and let the fat slug promote and sell our shirts on his sports direct website and other outlets

free publicity for JD Sports by spivs direct who are their biggest rivals, courtesy
I quite like that idea! But I would be amazed if there was not an exclusivity or non-compete clause in the agreement with SD.

What a great idea. Its getting silly now and needs to be fixed. I love seeing my son in a Rangers top. The fat rat has robbed me of that almost since his birth.

Ive wondered about this too. I feel like the talk of Nike and Adidas seems pretty far fetched with the way things are with this retail agreement.
I feel like we're missing a huge trick with Stevie G Apparel.

Why don't we get SGA to make out tops? sell the stores to Gerrard to open his own, have them make our tops - we'll get a good deal on it since it's Gerrard and we have more 'bargaining' power in the sense that we can lift his brand off the ground completely and give him world exposure.

It's entirely possible they don't want to get into football kits but given the situation we're in surely it's something we should be looking into? Set up the deal so that they win and get mass exposure, we take home a bigger chunk of the kit sales to offset any fee from big names - figures from my ass, but a company like Nike could demand say 50%, whereas SG we can work that down to about 30% and thus any large chunk of money from the Nike deal would be earned through shirt sales instead.

Perhaps I'm way off but when I seen that thread about us looking for a kit maker I can't help but feel like the answer is staring us right in the face.

The downside is it won't be a rangers shop but instead a gerrard shop, but I think gerrard will be here for the forseeable future so people will view it a rangers shop anyway.

I mean there is the downside that the football tops are horrid since it's not really the type of stuff they make... But surely they'll be able to come up with something half decent?

Just had a look on their website - https://www.sggapparel.com - and it says "New stores coming soon" at the top... Sell them the gers stores, have them make our kits, boom sorted? I know it's not as easy as that.. But surely it's a possibility? Lol.

As far as I can see, the responsibility for where we stand is down to the Rangers Board. They negotiated the contracts with SD, Hummel and Elite. They knew what the terms were and agreed to them.

It is a poor state of affairs if we are being sued by all three and in turn we are also suing them. Where we seem to be now is a million miles away from where I thought we’d be when Dave King renegotiated the SD contract.

This could take years to resolve and in the meantime our merchandising plans appear to be in limbo.

I feel like we're missing a huge trick with Stevie G Apparel.

Why don't we get SGA to make out tops? sell the stores to Gerrard to open his own, have them make our tops - we'll get a good deal on it since it's Gerrard and we have more 'bargaining' power in the sense that we can lift his brand off the ground completely and give him world exposure.

It's entirely possible they don't want to get into football kits but given the situation we're in surely it's something we should be looking into? Set up the deal so that they win and get mass exposure, we take home a bigger chunk of the kit sales to offset any fee from big names - figures from my ass, but a company like Nike could demand say 50%, whereas SG we can work that down to about 30% and thus any large chunk of money from the Nike deal would be earned through shirt sales instead.

Perhaps I'm way off but when I seen that thread about us looking for a kit maker I can't help but feel like the answer is staring us right in the face.

The downside is it won't be a rangers shop but instead a gerrard shop, but I think gerrard will be here for the forseeable future so people will view it a rangers shop anyway.

I mean there is the downside that the football tops are horrid since it's not really the type of stuff they make... But surely they'll be able to come up with something half decent?

Just had a look on their website - https://www.sggapparel.com - and it says "New stores coming soon" at the top... Sell them the gers stores, have them make our kits, boom sorted? I know it's not as easy as that.. But surely it's a possibility? Lol.

SD would have the right to match any deal that we make with SGA

Back