Gers youth team to play Brighton

Dalbear

McAdams, Hewitt, Mayo, Finlayson, Gray, Dallas, Barjonas, Palmer, Hardie, Atakayi, Rudden.

Subs: Wright (GK), Kelly, Shiels, Nelson, Bradley, Zata.

KO 7:15. It’s on RTV.

DJiiU63XUAAPtWl.jpg:large

I hope Barjonas pushes on, was impressed with him last season. I could see Holt moving on in January and possibly a space in the first team squad being available.

DJi16m6XoAAfnvR.jpg

26' GOAL: Jamie Barjonas brings Rangers level driving into the box and finishing in the bottom corner.

is anyone watching? I quite like the camera angle...I wonder if it could be used for league games

I couldn't make this but my wee brother is there, should have been advertised better maybe on the screens on Saturday might have pulled better crowd despite the crap weather and CL on tv.

Anyone managing to watch this? I'm stuck at the spinning thing.
Not getting a picture either, frustrating.

NewcoTed on twitter saying Jamie Barjonas is playing a blinder and we need to tie him down contract wise. Know he's got a job on his hands breaking into this 1st team but I hope he's in the managers thoughts as he conducted himself superbly well when given his chance last season.

Missed first 15minutes and we were a goal down when we got here but I've quite enjoyed it so far.

Barjonas looks the pick of the bunch. Big keeper looks decent also - is he the ex sellik lad?

Great idea this playing against a much better standard of players. If you are going to make it at Rangers this is the standard where you should at least be holding your own.

Missed first 15minutes and we were a goal down when we got here but I've quite enjoyed it so far.

Barjonas looks the pick of the bunch. Big keeper looks decent also - is he the ex sellik lad?
Yes the keeper is ex mhank. I believe he moved, at least in part, because of the opposition we will be playing in this set up.

Great idea this playing against a much better standard of players. If you are going to make it at Rangers this is the standard where you should at least be holding your own.
plus theyre not getting kicked off the park by hammer throwers

Young Bears have been on top for most of the first half. BHA goal was certainly against the run of play. We've been hit on the break a couple of times, but have created more chances than them. Good viewing.

Been watching for 5 minutes.

Rangers players tempo and the way they carry themselves a step slower than Brighton. Purely in terms of athleticism.

I've just a got an empty pitch at half time as the game should have re-started 10 minutes ago anyone know what's happening as I was watching Champions League at half time?

I've just a got an empty pitch at half time as the game should have re-started 10 minutes ago anyone know what's happening as I was watching Champions League at half time?

Should be a timer bar at bottom of picture

Click or tap picture and drag to the right to catch up

You have resumed where you left off

Plenty effort on show

Brighton striker rounded keeper and managed to hit post from corner of 6 yard line

Rudden reminds me of Dean Shiels the way he moves both with and without the ball. Right hair colour but a foot taller.

Number 12 sub has a nice directness running from midfield. Low centre of gravity and nice control.

brighton 2-1 injury time.

Looks like we were the better team in the second half - based on twitter anyway!

Brighton winner right on the 90

Game has been stretched both teams trying to grab a winner

Brighton left back crossed in between pen spot and 6 yard line and boy broke onto it sclaffed it in

Only saw the last 40 minutes but my pick was Palmer. Finlayson and Rudden were good, likewise the number six. Number 2 not so much.
From what I saw Hardie was a disappointment, Barjonas too plus he looked very heavy.

Defeat or not, much better learning experience for our youngsters than playing Partick Thistle or Queens Park.
Who do we play next?

Decent game, although a stupid goal to concede late in the game.

As said above - these types of games are better than playing Hamilton and the likes.

Decent performance from Rangers and it was a young team as well the team that finished the game was average age of 17.

Disappointing goal to lose at the end for the youngsters looked like Atekayi stopped tracking the run of the left back who put the ball in. Impressed with Barjonas, Scott Gray and the 2 centre halves thought they both played very well.

Back