Get McCrorie out on loan

Promote the boy Kieran Wright to be our 3rd choice keeper, he's featured on the bench a few times already. No sense in keeping McCrorie around at the age he's at not to play.

An option, tbh the real mistake here was giving Shagger another year. McCrorie and McLaughlin should have been fighting it out for no1 or we should be looking to sign a definitive no1, we may still do that if we make the CL group stages.

Great idea.until our first 2 get injured.
We have a game in Europe during the week and Aberdeen away the Saturday.
What would you be saying on here then?

I'd be saying that's very unlucky, but good luck to Kieran Wright. Only time I remember us having two keepers out was due to covid last year; still don't believe it's worth holding on to McCrorie on the very low chance that he might have to fill in for a couple of games if something happens to McLaughlin and McGregor.

I'd be saying that's very unlucky, but good luck to Kieran Wright. Only time I remember us having two keepers out was due to covid last year; still don't believe it's worth holding on to McCrorie on the very low chance that he might have to fill in for a couple of games if something happens to McLaughlin and McGregor.
I consider myself a pup still, but I rember signing Dibble and I think 2 or 3 others on emergency loans in the 90s.
Thompson might have been another.
And another english lad I might have intended.
Anyway.
A dibble like signing could or could not be accepted. It's not in our hands. And risk v reward, not sure it's worth the risk.

I consider myself a pup still, but I rember signing Dibble and I think 2 or 3 others on emergency loans in the 90s.
Thompson might have been another.
And another english lad I might have intended.
Anyway.
A dibble like signing could or could not be accepted. It's not in our hands. And risk v reward, not sure it's worth the risk.

Wasn't Klos also an emergency signing? Turned out to be an excellent piece of business.

Wasn't Klos also an emergency signing? Turned out to be an excellent piece of business.
No he was the original first choice Advocaat gk. He tried to use a clause to break his contract in summer 98 to join but it didn't work. We signed Charbonnier as a fallback.

Meanwhile Jens Lehmann was lied to on opportunity at AC Milan so made the move to Dortmund (probably difficult to go direct from Schalke so maybe some shenanigans)

Once Dortmund knew this was done Klos was made available to us. We also had a need due to Charbonnier injury and Niemi having 5 put by him in OF. I think he'd have been a free in summer 1999 and was basically agreed too.

No he was the original first choice Advocaat gk. He tried to use a clause to break his contract in summer 98 to join but it didn't work. We signed Charbonnier as a fallback.

Meanwhile Jens Lehmann was lied to on opportunity at AC Milan so made the move to Dortmund (probably difficult to go direct from Schalke so maybe some shenanigans)

Once Dortmund knew this was done Klos was made available to us. We also had a need due to Charbonnier injury and Niemi having 5 put by him in OF. I think he'd have been a free in summer 1999 and was basically agreed too.

Cheers for the info, was brought in as we had a wee bit of a keeper crisis then but was always on Advocaats radar.

Then I'd be saying use the recall option and get him back. Very unlikely scenario though. Agree with the OP the lad needs to be playing regularly or he's going to get more fed up and leave. Assuming he's not already thinking about it.

Feel like McCrorie is really in danger of stunting any growth he was showing.
When was the last time the lad played a run of competitive games? For his own sake he needs to be playing.

I have my doubts whether he'll be #1 for us now to be honest, feel like if was a chance of it happening under Gio you don't keep McGregor in ahead of him.

Would prefer we keep McCrorie rather than loan him out although I appreciate his game time will be very limited. The main reason being if we get injuries to both McLaughlin and McGregor we will really be scrambling around for adequate cover. A club the size as ours we really need 3 decent keepers as there are a hell of a lot of games to play.

He was out on loan at Livingston and didn’t get regular football, I hate criticising goalies because I don’t know enough about the position but I don’t think he’s got any chance of making it as number one at Rangers from what I’ve already seen.

I have a feeling that Robbie McC will get game time this season at some point...am sure he is being groomed for the No1 spot eventually.

I have a feeling that Robbie McC will get game time this season at some point...am sure he is being groomed for the No1 spot eventually.
He’s been getting groomed for it since he was about 14, would be a tremendous shame if he never got to fulfil it - I was concerned after his loan at Livy, but I think he was a chance.

How many loans does he need? Hes already had 3 at least.
Only one of them has been in the Premiership.

If we see him as part of the future plans and he agrees to another loan, I don’t see a problem with another year or even 2 on loan.

He’s only 24 - keepers generally mature later than outfield players and last into their late 30s.

McGregor was 25 before he secured the number 1 spot and had to battle through Letizi and wait for Klos to effectively retire before moving to the front of the queue.

McCrorie should be getting cup games especially the earlier rounds I really don’t rate him but he needs a chance or let go.

The standard of goalkeeping I've seen at Kilmarnock and Dundee United so far has been shocking. No reason he can't do a job at this level & give us the chance to assess where he is.

Should be on the phone to both of these clubs IMO.

He done the Livi loan and couldn't keep his place in the team. Not sure Dundee Utd would want him - as poor as their keeper looked in Europe!

Think the boy at Killie is their 2nd choice - their 1st choice is currently injured. Don't even know who their 1st choice goalkeeper is to be fair

I'd loan him out and offer zander Clark a short term deal. He's easily good enough for 3rd choice and ticks the home grown box also.
He'd push for 1st choice compared to what we have - need to spend on a progressive young keeper who ticks all the boxes (saves shots, can play with his feet & commanding)

Nonsense tbh

Why is it nonsense?

So you'd be happy with us having JMG and a 40 year old AMG as our only senior keepers?

What happens if 1 or both get injured? We rely on a youth keeper for massive games in Europe and at home?

Sorry but you're the one speaking nonsense.

That Dundee Utd keeper looks like he's been plucked off the beach in Australia. Seen better junior goalkeepers. If RMcC isn't already better than him then he's as well chucking it, but managers have a thing when it comes to keepers. The balance of experience vs actual ability they look for is tilted differently that with other positions.

We went with McGregor and McLaughin/Foderingham + Firth as third choice for years while McCrorie was on loan.

I’m sure one of the B team keepers would be just as suitable at third choice as Firth was.

We can’t stockpile goalies in the event we have an injury crisis. We need to develop them.

We went with McGregor and McLaughin/Foderingham + Firth as third choice for years while McCrorie was on loan.

I’m sure one of the B team keepers would be just as suitable at third choice as Firth was.

We can’t stockpile goalies in the event we have an injury crisis. We need to develop them.
We also need 3 keepers who can do a job.

If the plan was to make McLaughlin number 1 then I would have moved McGregor on and promoted McCrorie. I can see us having to buy a keeper during the winter window one way or another.

Back