Get McCrorie out on loan

I think if we had to play a Big tram keeper in a couple of games and drew them, and it cost us the league title, CL and 40 million, we'd all go off our nut at the recklessness of the decision makers.
It boils down to trust. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a B team keeper, it could be someone on loan or a free agent. Any club, no matter the level, cannot have 3 keepers of the same standard, the keepers wouldn’t stand for it and the third choice guy would just move on as he’d get a first choice somewhere else. You’re going to need to accept a reduction in quality as you go down the pecking order.

Our third choice keepers over the years have been guys like Firth, Alnwick, Graeme Smith and Lee Robinson. I can’t see Keiren Wright being much of a drop off in standard to these names and if he is he shouldn’t be at the club.

McCrorie should be getting cup games especially the earlier rounds I really don’t rate him but he needs a chance or let go.
what-wtf.gif

If the plan was to make McLaughlin number 1 then I would have moved McGregor on and promoted McCrorie. I can see us having to buy a keeper during the winter window one way or another.
I imagine the thinking was ‘3 senior keepers’ with McGregor being club trained and I’d hope McCrorie gets the cup games to show what he can do.

1. If he doesn't play for us this season he'll leave in the summer when his contract is up.

2. If there were any plans to play him this season, we wouldn't have re-signed McGregor.

So it looks like he's here for the next 12 months as 3rd choice cover then away.

Back