Get Michael O'Neill in as Manager before Scotland does

bearmind

As the title says. Once the play offs are over. We all know what he is capable of with mainly lower division players and he must have what it takes if Scotland are sniffing around him. Failing that we need a manager with EPL experience to match Rodgers. Benitez if he would come would be my choice. And we will have to get money from somewhere. We got got it for the Mexicans a real waste of several million pounds.

Is O'Neill likely to be able to. I'd have thought influence from over the water would stop him. Think of the threats Irish Catholics have received from their own before when linked with us. It's one thing for a NI RC to manage the country he was born in but to manage Rangers?

You really think Benitez would come to Rangers ?
I'll tell you what mate you are going to get slated but I love your optimism,something we all all lacking at the moment

Is O'Neill a candidate for Scotland?

Why leave the NI job, which he's doing well to take this country's shambles of a team? Seems a sideways step to me...

Reactions: TQ3
Think we'd have a chance of getting O'Neill depending on the result of the play off...but we have no chance of Benitez

Benitez :D

Sam Allardyce would be my choice.

Pedro has to be shown the door. The guy is a clown and we are going nowhere.

Reactions: M@x
As regards Benitez, if Celtic can get Rodgers when their team was in disarray we should be thinking as big as them or even higher or we will really trail behind them for a long time. I know money is a problem here but my 3 million point on poor mexican players still stands.

As regards Benitez, if Celtic can get Rodgers when their team was in disarray we should be thinking as big as them or even higher or we will really trail behind them for a long time. I know money is a problem here but my 3 million point on poor mexican players still stands.
Just admit the Benitez shout was ridiculous mate.

Celtic were not in disarray. They had just won their fifth title on the trot and had comfortably the healthiest budget in the league and CL qualifiers to look forward to. They simply had a doughball as a manager, but had the finances to bring in a high level replacement and give him a budget for new additions.

They binned Deila before it got anywhere near disarray because they saw the potential for us to run them close if he was allowed to carry on under-performing.

Benitez :D

Sam Allardyce would be my choice.

Pedro has to be shown the door. The guy is a clown and we are going nowhere.
Im in the big sam camp because he would not let teams do this to us, we would be doing it to them, just to get us stable for a couple of years, it wont be pretty but it will be effective.

And before anyone says he hasnt won anything, he has never had a team that could win anything.

Just admit the Benitez shout was ridiculous mate.
Benitez has been moaning because he only had 40 million or something to spend in the summer, he is on a different level from Rodgers, ffs he used to manage real madrid, mental stuff from the op.

F*cking hell, Rafa Benitez! Quality zoomering from the OP. Would you not give Pep a call first, naw?

Im in the big sam camp because he would not let teams do this to us, we would be doing it to them, just to get us stable for a couple of years, it wont be pretty but it will be effective.

And before anyone says he hasnt won anything, he has never had a team that could win anything.

First and foremost, he would make us hard to beat. I can't believe I am actually saying this about a Rangers team but every team that plays us fancy their chances. We have no fear factor and lose goals all over the shop.

Our next managerial appointment is massive (again...!) as we need to fight fire with fire with the Tims because Rodgers is no mug.

Benitez?? :D:D:D

I’m sure fat Mike would love to discuss a compensation package with us even before we get to Benitez’s personal terms, assuming he’d even come in the first place.

Is O'Neill likely to be able to. I'd have thought influence from over the water would stop him. Think of the threats Irish Catholics have received from their own before when linked with us. It's one thing for a NI RC to manage the country he was born in but to manage Rangers?

Good point and this has crossed my mind.
It would obviously be something O'Neill would have to consider as a strong possibility. However the Rangers manager job is one of the most prestigious football jobs and i couldn't see him in turning it down because of this.
He doesn' t strike me as TLB type i.e. bleat to the press everytime a moron with a spare 20p allegedly threatens him from a phone box.

Benitez has been moaning because he only had 40 million or something to spend in the summer, he is on a different level from Rodgers, ffs he used to manage real madrid, mental stuff from the op.
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him back at Liverpool soon.

Id ask big Sam.

Aye it might not be pretty but you know what? I don't care. It needs to get back to winning being the most important thing.

Getting bullied off shite like Motherwell is unacceptable.

Rodgers was a free agent. Benitez is currently doing well at an EPL job with fans that love him.

So 2 questions:

1. Why would he leave?
2. How much do you think we'd have left over in the bank after paying compensation?

Mental.

FWIW Big Sam would be my dream appointment in the current climate.

First and foremost, he would make us hard to beat. I can't believe I am actually saying this about a Rangers team but every team that plays us fancy their chances. We have no fear factor and lose goals all over the shop.

Our next managerial appointment is massive (again...!) as we need to fight fire with fire with the Tims because Rodgers is no mug.

I know mate, big strong players dont allow their face to get smacked every 2 mins during a game, i just dont know so deflated its unreal.

Benitez. Oh dear.

I don't know much about O'Neill and I would cry if we got Allardyce considering the stick I gave Newcastle, Sunderland and England fans when they appointed him.

Speaking of ex-Real managers....imagine Bernd Schuster would be interested?

Benitez has a £6m release clause.

Why would he leave NI for Scotland?

It's a backwards move. He will be holding out for something far better than that job.
He's the type of manager they should be trying for, show a bit of ambition, but they won't. If its not MacKay, it'll be some equally lazy appointment

O’Neil would be a realistic candidate if N.I. don’t qualify for Russia.
From a footballing perspective he would be ideal.
Although he is not of the bitter version I’m sure his religion would become an issue with the press and that other mob. They know his potential and would exert tremendous pressure on him. Think Pedro as “Johnny Foreigner” and multiply it by ten.
It may not work for that reason alone.

I have been through the Celtic 9 In row years of the 60's and early 70's and the grim period of 79 to 86. It took some very forward thinking (and money too) to get Souness in. Many were not expecting that appointment nor Laaudrup-Gazza signed 9 years later. This is the type of thinking we need again or we face Celtic dominated obliviion for the future. I will never stop wanting the best for the club that I have supported for 54 year

We need to look for a manager who is out of contract and looking to take on a rebuilding job. Allardyce, Moyes or DeBoer?

We need to look for a manager who is out of contract and looking to take on a rebuilding job. Allardyce, Moyes or DeBoer?

Fck that for a game of soldiers...

Honest PREDICTION from me: Eck will be back. I think King likes him, knows he's had the job before and knows the club and I think he'll trust him.

Benitez will be on a massive wage at Newcastle. His recent clubs include Chelsea and Real Madrid ffs :D

I genuinely can't think (realistically) of a manager I'd be 100% confident with.

I don't know where we go from here. The writing is surely on the wall for Pedro though.

I think McLeish will get the job.hes available. he won't be hard to deal with and he's got the experience of being a successful rangers manager

I think McLeish will get the job.hes available. he won't be hard to deal with and he's got the experience of being a successful rangers manager

Seems backwards but I'm beginning to come round to the idea that we need somebody like McLeish to steady the ship.

The fact the OP even mentions Benitez suggests he believes there's a chance we could actually get him. This place is nuts at times.

Some mental suggestions!

Not sure they have cheered me up or added to the depression from yesterday

Back