Getting a tattoo to mark 55

BomberBrownFan

At the start of the season I made the rather speculative bet with my better half that should we win 55 I would get a tattoo to mark the occasion. She likes them, I don’t but I am nothing if not a man of my word.

Not to get ahead of myself....would anyone recommend anywhere in particular to get it done? At most I would be looking for the RFC scroll crest or Union Flag and Saltire crossed over.

At the start of the season I made the rather speculative bet with my better half that should we win 55 I would get a tattoo to mark the occasion. She likes them, I don’t but I am nothing if not a man of my word.

Not to get ahead of myself....would anyone recommend anywhere in particular to get it done? At most I would be looking for the RFC scroll crest or Union Flag and Saltire crossed over.
Get a star for every title, you will know what that means.

I'm definitely getting a 55 on my arm under my rfc crest, yeah it may be 56 next year but thats not the point, near a decade of pain, fighting all the way back up for this exact reason, 55 will be one of the most important ever, its what I've been hoping and dreaming of all these difficult years, seeing that 55 on my arm means we did it, we're back and it will always make me smile

Inner forearm. 9 hours. 850 quid. Best: very uncomfortable. Worst: borderline agony. Think carefully. WATP. :oops:

On your dick.

Got my first tattoo at 50 (ish) simply to celebrate my family in a personal way ! It’s funny when some people realise I have them!! I have made them all meaningful to me , and that suffices, but like you I canvassed some opinion and my take was to be subtle and to be personal with the message , it does not have to shout out , it should maybe take a wee bit of discussion !! Maybe Roman numerals ??? Family names involved ?? Think beyond the obvious

Ha, it’s not going to be the number 55 but the club crest or something.

I’m also a big shitebag with a low pain-threshold so it’s going to be fun.
Quite like the LV idea rather than just 55, a bit of thought behind it.
How about 55 with the year.
LV
MMXXI (only centralised when posted it all goes to the left)
I have the opening lines to follow follow on my arm slightly changed to incorporate my mums name “May“ the streets (I know straights) .
Sitting in a bar in Turkey the usual idiot comes in with the green and grey on, sits to the side of me.
They only stayed for one drink and scarpered.
Wife said she watched him reading my tattoo, said something to his wife drank up and left B-D

Where to get it done, do you mean location of tattoo shop (If you're in Marylebone, off Bayswater road, bottom of Queensway, God knows if it's still there, i got my Rangers tat there about 14 yrs ago), or location of tattoo on yer body = forehead (see how the wife likes that) :))

Never had a tattoo, does the pain go away, does it numb up or is it painful from start to finish. Not planning on getting one just curious.

Anyone know a good, bluenose tattoo artist in the Glasgow area? I've got a few Rangers tats already, but would like to get an old one re-covered/re-worked.

He's not been at timeless for years

Also don't get a tattoo of a moving achievement, I know you'll think it's cool but when we get 56 you'll be like ah %^*&

Like all the 5 star tattoos
Ahh my mistake, has been afew years since he done mine right enough :D

Love the fact your not getting ahead of yourself, unlike all the 10IAR tim's out there. Remember a tattoo is for life !

Never had a tattoo, does the pain go away, does it numb up or is it painful from start to finish. Not planning on getting one just curious.
Depends on where on the body tbh ... I’ve got about 100 hours worth and some of those hours were a breeze, some uncomfortable... and some pretty hectic ! Generally closer to the bone, the more it hurts.

Anyone thinking of getting their first tattoo, then when you go for your vaccine, you'll have a head start as it's very similar.

Just make sure you use the cream that the tattooist recommends to help with the itching once it scabs up.

My tattoo cost me 3 quid about 40 years ago, i had to borrow someone's id as i was only 16, it is now a blob that once said top to bottom GLASGOW heart shaped union jack RANGERS
I might try and get it coloured in again with 55 added somewhere.

Latest posts

Back