Getting business done early

They have to be the right signings of course.

We were saying how great it was Pedro was getting all the business done early two summers ago.

If the likes of Hastie, Jones and Stewart are our number 1 targets I fear for our aspirations. I mean that not as a slight on them but I don’t see them as first picks. Good squad additions.

If the likes of Hastie, Jones and Stewart are our number 1 targets I fear for our aspirations. I mean that not as a slight on them but I don’t see them as first picks. Good squad additions.
Hastie is one for the future, Jones and Stewart will prove a lot of the same doubters wrong again.

Number one targets ala bosman signings, I would imagine any fees we pay will be influenced by any out goings.

Jones especially knows the spl and that's part of the battle. Look at barasic he looks excellent for Croatia. I'm not overly inspired by Jones or stewart but they've been signed early so the management team have identified them as guys tgat will add something to the squad. That's good enough for me

It's been said many times our squad players aren't good enough when the main guys drop out.

They are a level above the squad player dross we've had for the past few seasons.

All 3 will make an impact especially Stewart.

Obviously without knowing SG's plans I could see both of them moving on.

Another years loan for Rossiter wouldn't be the worst idea as he's still only 22.
It is his last year under contract is it not so perhaps not the best idea. Time to shit or get off the pot as far as Rossiter is concerned.

Agree, I also don’t see a place for Kent anymore. We are really top heavy out wide.

I'm very surprised with the Rossiter situation in that he was always injured for us but went on loan to a more robust league and played almost every game.

Must be fuukin hammer throwers up here right enough.

With 2 games a week until Xmas, all our 1st team squad will see plenty game time.

Get big George Edmundson up and intae pre season as we need every player available and up and running.

I'm worried though about Scott Arfield as he has had no break in the close season, playing for Canada the other day and he maybe burn out near the November, December period.

I'm really concerned for him.

Hastie is one for the future, Jones and Stewart will prove a lot of the same doubters wrong again.

So I’ll stick my hand up and say I’m a doubter of those two players getting much game time at Rangers. If Aribo is signed and Kent comes back they’re deep bench players. Often wrong though and I hope they both give Gerrard selection headaches but I truly doubt it.

They have to be the right signings of course.

We were saying how great it was Pedro was getting all the business done early two summers ago.

Good point but the difference is Pedro had a big turn over in players in & out where as SG looks like keeping the main core of players but adding good depth. Just removing the dead wood. Pedro was chopping folk left right and centre who regularly had a game the previous season.

Get big George Edmundson up and intae pre season as we need every player available and up and running.

I'm worried though about Scott Arfield as he has had no break in the close season, playing for Canada the other day and he maybe burn out near the November, December period.

I'm really concerned for him.

I would agree with that too. I'd imagine if we get Aribo/Kent and with Stewart/Dorrans/Ojo etc.. we should be good for the easier qualifiers and the leagur games with teams in the bottom six-that should give him time to rest

Back