Getting rid of the dinosaurs at the SFA

GIO GIO GIO GIOVANNI

Surely with the mess that the SFA have been making of our game for the last few decades we should all make a stand against them. From the shambles that is Hampden to the appointment of Alex McLeish. How can we have people from Hibs, Hamilton and Alloa running the game? We need to restructure the whole organisation from top to bottom. Time and time again there is call for changes and nothing happens. We need a fresh approach and not these old dinosaurs running the game.

It’s truly prehistoric .

There should be one governing body in Scotland not two .

It needs ripped up stripped down simplified and modernised . The cronyism , nepotism , committee style has somehow survived and the leeches keep on taking from the game .

Quite how we go about it is anyone’s guess : it would take the old firm to unite and take them on and I can’t see that happening TBH.

Not disagreeing with the OPs original overarching point. But at the level of the National football teams right now (which tbh I don’t give a %^*& about) the real insidious issue is the continued presence of Racist Mackay. And I know that from a number of sources within Hampden itself.

Surely with the mess that the SFA have been making of our game for the last few decades we should all make a stand against them. From the shambles that is Hampden to the appointment of Alex McLeish. How can we have people from Hibs, Hamilton and Alloa running the game? We need to restructure the whole organisation from top to bottom. Time and time again there is call for changes and nothing happens. We need a fresh approach and not these old dinosaurs running the game.
Tbf, they're not REALLY running the game. One man is running the game, and for the benefit of one club. Get rid of him and his minions will soon fall too.

As long as its tim friendly it will remain as is though with Scotland fans starting to smell the coffee you never know.

The fans who attend Games at Hampden have the power to change it, stop going and don’t go back until the place is cleansed from top to bottom, put plans in place for a modern set up with young hungry forward thinking individuals who want to truly change the game. Only then will we move forward, no point in having a think tank if the same fish are in it.

Last edited:
It’s truly prehistoric .

It needs ripped up stripped down simplified and modernised . The cronyism , nepotism , committee style has somehow survived and the leeches keep on taking from the game .

Quite how we go about it is anyone’s guess : it would take the old firm to unite and take them on and I can’t see that happening TBH.
It won’t while fat Pete and his cronies are running the show. They are trying to do all they can to set up the system to give the mentally challengeds every possible advantage and us to be held back as much as possible.

As you say, it all needs ripped up and a whole new system put in its place.

Change has to come from outside first, until the mhedia develop a shred of integrity the entire corrupt cabal are secure.
King could help by giving the club a leader to champion our interests but he seems oblivious to reality.

It won’t while fat Pete and his cronies are running the show. They are trying to do all they can to set up the system to give the mentally challengeds every possible advantage and us to be held back as much as possible.

As you say, it all needs ripped up and a whole new system put in its place.
Quite right. Yet, they are either reluctant or not bright enough to grasp that Lawell has no interest in the Scottish team, the progress of which, should be one of their key priorities. Our national team for many years drew their largest support from Rangers fans but the current bunch who make up the SFA hierarchy have presided over a situation that has seen the support from Rangers people replaced with indifference. They probably don’t care. Probably is the wrong word. Any body, who disregards players being openly attacked at a cup final and who fail to make any comment when players from one of their member clubs get booed when representing their country, forfeit all credibility, if they had any, in the first place.

At times has been worse lower league clubs too

There are real Scotland football fans out there who have finally (finally) had enough and realise we are going nowhere as a footballing nation and are calling for heads to roll.

The SFA / SPFL both need ripped up from top to bottom and the whole thing refreshed.

Turkeys voting for Christmas? Whilst there is no appetite from the diddy clubs, nothing will change. I was honestly hoping SAN Marino would snatch a draw to see if it would help enforce changes.

The fans who attend Games at Hampden have the ppwer to change it, stop going and don’t go back until the place is cleansed from top to bottom, plans put in place for a modern set up with young hungry forward thinking individuals who want to truly change the game. Only then will we move forward, no point in having a think tank if the same fish are in it.
TBF Rangers fans have deserted in their droves. I used to go to every international in the 70's and lived for the Wembley trips. Last Hampden international for me was the friendly v Holland in 1994. Apart from the shite Roxburgh/Brown management styles loads of Bears became disaffected around that time when Big Dunc got into bother with the law and wasnt backed by the SFA. Like me many never went back.

ps I used to think Bears had been replaced by fans of the Diddy clubs but on reflection I dont think the latter's numbers have changed. The space we took up was lost with the stadium redesign and the reduction in crowd capacity from 100k to whatever it is today, Had Hampden stayed a 100k capacity it would be an even sorrier sight nowadays.

You’re not going to get any change, with anything in Scottish football if it’s coming from rangers fans.

Which is a shame really. It is a fact that everything the dark side rule eventually turns to rat shit.

Clubs need to wise up and realise they are being treated with contempt, as one club and one club only is making every decision to make them stronger and the rest weaker.

It's not just the SFA look at the political map of Scotland . First thing the poets done was try to annialate the establishment club . They failed ,but there back to infiltrate the system at the bottom with scum ,then gradually fill the posts above them . Eventually the poet infestation dominate the system that gives them control to do what they want . Just look at the SNP same plan and let's be honest it has worked . It would take a neutral press doing there job , Unfortunately that same plan is in place and working in the Scottish media . We have to find a way to defeat the three of them , SNP vote them out, SFA make friends of the lower clubs and try and build votes , Media don't buy the papers . Only after we defeat them have we any chance of, by there own admission playing under the same rules. Liewell is just the poster boy the whole system is corrupt to the core

They should've got good football people in,Jim McLean for instance, previous football Managers with a decent pedigree should be elected. I mean,does anyone know who sits on the panel apart from Petrie and Lawwell who I wouldn't put down as impartial after that I'm struggling. Previous managers should be the way,at least they'll have the good of the game at heart. Far too many sitting on a gravy train in there. Time for wholesale changes.

How does this end up in criticism of Dave King?
It's not that difficult, until the mhedia start pointing the finger at the SFA they won't change. Our club's continuing failure to challenge the narrative set by them and implemented by the authorities gives our enemies free reign to ensure we are not allowed to compete and the club made toxic.
Who is responsible for our craven cowardice in the face of the relentless attacks on the club?

Change is long overdue. One of the issues is that the representatives of each club are in it for self interest in the main.

Scottish football has been in either decline or stagnation for years. There are constant reports and think tanks yet no ideas get pushed through because of the voting system and self preservation/resistance to change.

So what we eventually end up with is a middle of the road compromise that nobody really wants.

I know the SPL was initially set up to give the clubs more power but it has been more damaging in the long run. There should be a panel of experts making decisions based on suggestions/feedback from the clubs and a decision then made by the panel.

League structure needs changing to properly open up the pyramid. Rules need changing to provide more first team opportunities for young Scottish players. Why not have a rule that every team in the top division have to have a Scottish player under the age of 21 on the field at all times? Probably already happens quite a lot at clubs outside Rangers/Celtic but it would be a good incentive for young players to see a pathway to first team football.

Expand that in the lower divisions to 2 under 21 and 1 under 19 and more young players will get exposure to first team football at a younger age.

Also think they should push through B-Teams in a larger league structure and have those mainly age restricted and biased towards Scottish players as well. Given a few years you can guarantee there will be better players coming through more ready for the national team and also earning their clubs a bit of money with their inevitable move to England. Only thing stopping that is teams at the lower end of the SPFL structure worried about their own league status. With an expanded league, limits on how many B-Teams are allowed in each league and opening up of the pyramid would probably set the alarm bells ringing at some clubs stuck in the dark ages but they'll soon be replaced by ambitious clubs that are currently outside of the SPFL set up.

Not disagreeing with the OPs original overarching point. But at the level of the National football teams right now (which tbh I don’t give a %^*& about) the real insidious issue is the continued presence of Racist Mackay. And I know that from a number of sources within Hampden itself.
To me the appointment of Mackay was breath-taking stupidity and absolutely smacked of jobs for the boys, just like every appointment made by these morons. Football is not the only sport in Scotland that can't get it right at the top, plenty of other governing bodies are full of dead wood and hopelessly out of touch. It's what we do here.

It's not all then though. This spfl lot need to go. Terrible situation Scottish football has go itself in, two f**king bodies running the game and it has steadily gotten worse with each passing season.

Cracking idea.......
But how does one go about it.
You / We would have to change all the structures of committees , sub committes , working groups and voting rights that have been in place to protect the position of those at the top of this organisation. Junior and Amatuer football is ran along very similar lines but without so much mentally challenged influence.

The mentally challengeds and thier apologists, like in other walks of life, infiltrated the SFA years ago unopposed and now are entrenched in it's very fabric.

Ah. Dinosaurs.

If ever there was a time to cleanse the SFA it was 2012 and what they actually did to Rangers, their actual deeds, their actual words. Reprehensible.

Having a Rangers legend and Unionist as manager is what really brings them out, the SFA is rotten mob. Its a different mob to us with a different objective. It will do nothing for us whatever the outcome.

Turkeys don't vote for Xmas, the only way the sfa can change is, if the sfa want to and they don't they have not been fit for purpose for years,, it's just a self Interest group,

England, Wales and Northern Ireland are all progressing in the world of football while Scotland have regressed and the rate of regression has been staggering, I doubt they'll ever compete in a major finals again in my lifetime and I'm 48, there doesn't seem to be much interest in doing anything radical to change things either.

The decline has been going on for years, they talked about last Thursday night as being a new low, how many new lows must Scotland have before someone in the relevant authority says "stop".

The decline has been going on for years, they talked about last Thursday night as being a new low, how many new lows must Scotland have before someone in the relevant authority says "stop".

You'd have thought going 20 years of failing to qualify for a major tournament would be enough. At this rate they'll be going for Wales' 57 year record.

Scottish Football needs 1 body with 1 rule, No current or for the past 5 years club servant should be represented on the board.

Have an SFA with a Football minded president, a Business minded CEO and a board made up of Ex Referees, Business Leaders and a couple of Ex Football club servants.

The board should be changed every 5 years, president voted on every 5 years with a max 2 term time.

The most important thing is it needs to be run as a Business.

The SPFL should then be dissolved with everything coming under the SFA banner.

The problem is it will never change.

One lot saying well if were alot Maxwell you can Have McLeish sums up the amateur running of our game.

One of the biggest allies in forcing change in a stagnant organisation is the free press. However, look at the free press these days. Most love hating one club in particular and pander to another club at the best of times. There is no real focus on development or evolution, just constant crap and poor opinion pieces. Christ, they're far more concerned about a young Colombian lad plying his trade in our league (and not in a positive way) than building a sustained campaign for root and branch changes in our game.

Rangers fans could make a difference. We have numbers and a voice but we have our own issues at the moment. Likewise, the rest of the support in Scotland wouldn't back us because we're Rangers and that parochial paranoia will see us remain in this mess for decades to come. In the meantime, the Fat Japanese and his club will continue to prosper.

I've stopped watching the games as I don't have Sky. Selling the TV rights to the highest bidder confirmed my belief that the SFA don't give a stuff about the ordinary fan who doesn't have much money around.

The result is kids are no longer tuned into the national side as they can't see the games. Even the highlights are on late at night so that doesn't help either.

The sfa are under no pressure to change what's so ever, the media have no interest in going after them, in fact the media protect them and praise them for doing daft TV deals,, the clubs have no interest in changing anything, look what they done to us in 2112, even though they knew it would harm the game in Scotland which they are supposed to protect, it was more important to punish us,,, the sfa are just a pile of shite

Everything is set up to help the yahoos, Scotland isnt so important blame the media they have played along they are scum.. bears that cant see it are para.

Let's keep doing what the vast majority of Rangers supporters are doing now, give the SFA sweet SFA, don't go to Scotland games, don't get involved in their setups or initiatives. Keep it all for our club and our club only and hope the SFA and it's structures crumble to dust. Then and only then when the rhats have gone, we'll pick up the pieces and start again.

It’s truly prehistoric .

We do not want to shake this tree too hard until we have good placement at other clubs and in power as you can bet if we start to rumble right now they will back us 100% as they have many in place to replace the arse soles who are there at the moment and we may not like what we get at any change

for any meaningful change to take place for the betterment of the game up here, there will first have to be an acknowledgement that the mentally challengeds have had undue influence for the best part of the last 2 decades,this of course will require the supporters and the footballing boards of the other scottish teams coming to their senses and finally calling out the mentally challenged corruption,,,can it be fixed ,most certainly ,,,will it be fixed ,i have my doubts

Blazer wearers, only interested in freeloading, faces in the trough.
They'll fight tooth and nail to keep it all to themselves.

Perhaps the time has come to just ditch the SFA. They have mismanaged the game for so long now it's clear they have no clue how to improve things.

Perhaps the best thing is for the 22 clubs of the SPFL to throw their lot in with the FA and the Scottish set up can be the new region in the 6th tier of their pyramid. All clubs then get a chance to find their level in a competitive league. The FA isn't perfect but they are so much better than the SFA and they know how to market themselves

Change has to come from outside first, until the mhedia develop a shred of integrity the entire corrupt cabal are secure.
King could help by giving the club a leader to champion our interests but he seems oblivious to reality.
Dave King is the man who could sort them out but unfortunately he is a less than part-time player for us. As it stands he is 95% absent and his CEO is 100% toothless. Best he could do for us would be to appoint a bulldog type CEO that would fight for us and would rip that lot to bits.

The part played iby the then retiring CelticFC chairman John Reid should not be forgotten when he said celtic’s
Greatet achievement during his tenure
Was not on the field of play but ‘we changed the SFA’.

Back