Getting to Glasgow airport after hearts game

greggakd

What might be my best option to get to the airport for a 8,30pm flight? Usually I’d just have a few pints at the louden after the game and get a taxi, but the kick off time being 4pm leaves a little less time after FT. Options are walking to central and getting a bus or a taxi, so just looking for some local/more regular traveler advice

Sure there's a bus that runs direct from Central to the airport, not sure if that'll be your best option though.
Yeah I know of that, the preference would be to avoid that and get a taxi but not sure how long it’ll take driving there after a game and how many taxis would take the job with the traffic

Sure there's a bus that runs direct from Central to the airport, not sure if that'll be your best option though.
First bus number 500 from city centre would be the fastest and most reliable. There's the 77 that goes through Partick bus station but no all go to the airport and it'll be a Sunday so less buses.

Pre order a taxi or an uber and get them to pick you up from the asda in govan
Not always a great idea.

I drive for GlasGo Cabs and I got a job at Asda Govan a couple of years ago just as the game came out.

I was on PRW at the climbing centre, half an hour later I was at the BP station, job got cancelled and I was still stuck in traffic.

Silly mistake by me as I always avoid Ibrox, parkheid, and Hampden when matches are about to come out.

getting om the M8 is probably the hardest part. I pass by Ibrox on the back shift or going to my night shift. Once you get on the motorway it's fine

Going to be tight

The bus to Paisley and then half an hour walk is doable but can take over an hour just go get to Paisley as prw is very slow moving

Walking into Glasgow ( especially as subway stops at 6 on Sundays ) then airport bus is best bet but think it’s still a half hourly service

Other option is walk to central train to Paisley and then either airport bus ( hourly service leaves (at 7pm) tor walk

I’m staying at airport and going back first thing Monday as it’s to tight with a 4pm kick off

Last edited:
Glad you made this thread as I was thinking of going over and getting the 8:30 flight back myself but some of the comments are making me think twice.

First bus number 500 from city centre would be the fastest and most reliable. There's the 77 that goes through Partick bus station but no all go to the airport and it'll be a Sunday so less buses.

77 does go though patrick via hospital but i think last one to airport is 630 at hospital

Glad you made this thread as I was thinking of going over and getting the 8:30 flight back myself but some of the comments are making me think twice.

Honestly it's not tight for time at all. Game will be done by 6 then got 2 hours to get to the airport. I've made 6.30 flights after 3pm ko's before. Walk 15-20 mins towards Paisley then uber easy.

I have a Glasgow licensed black hack.
Every home match I get a great turn running up and down PRW, all the while keeping an eye open for a parking spot.
Sometimes I get lucky and get one on PRW, then park up and go into Ibrox.
Recently, and only once, have I found a spot on Edmiston Drive. More often than not I park on Brand Street.
If I can be of any assistance to any Bears going to Glasgow Airport then please drop me a PM. Fare would be metered price + £4 for entry/exit at pick up point.

Y
What might be my best option to get to the airport for a 8,30pm flight? Usually I’d just have a few pints at the louden after the game and get a taxi, but the kick off time being 4pm leaves a little less time after FT. Options are walking to central and getting a bus or a taxi, so just looking for some local/more regular traveler advice
You could walk it and get there for around 7.45. You’ve got plenty of time. 2 hours to get 6 miles or so. I’d still go for your couple
Of pints and get taxi from louden at 7ish

appreciated, but i wont be walking to the airport. thanks

You will have best part of 2 hours to make the airport after leaving the stadium. You'll be absolutely fine. My advice walk 15-20mins towards Paisley then order a taxi OR Louden for a couple then taxi from there. By 7pm (an hour after the game) the traffic is moving again. You will make your flight no problem especially considering Glasgow Airport is still mostly deserted so security etc is a doddle.

You'd honestly still easily manage a few pints after the game if you wanted.

If you want go straight from the game, pre-order a taxi to pick up at the sports club entrance at Bellahouston and it'll take around 12 mins to get to the airport.

I drive past the airport mate, pm me if you want and I'll drop you there.

I can drop you at the airport, pass it on my way home.

It’s 15/20 mins in a taxi at most if roads are clear. I’d go for your pints, and provided you’re picked up by 6.45/7 you’ll be fine. If you’re checked in and have no luggage you could leave it later.

It’s 15/20 mins in a taxi at most if roads are clear. I’d go for your pints, and provided you’re picked up by 6.45/7 you’ll be fine. If you’re checked in and have no luggage you could leave it later.
Yep I tend to just come up for the day so no luggage. My biggest worry is actually getting a taxi as I’ve had problems in the past

Going to be tight

The bus to Paisley and then half an hour walk is doable but can take over an hour just go get to Paisley as prw is very slow moving

Walking into Glasgow ( especially as subway stops at 6 on Sundays ) then airport bus is best bet but think it’s still a half hourly service

Other option is walk to central train to Paisley and then either airport bus ( hourly service leaves (at 7pm) tor walk

I’m staying at airport and going back first thing Monday as it’s to tight with a 4pm kick off
The 500 is back to every 15 mins.

I park at my in laws in about a 10 minute walk from the stadium and get back to Renfrew area within the hour of FT. You’ll make the airport no bother if you pre book a taxi/Uber somewhere near Shieldhall Road (maybe where the Greggs etc is) and they join M8 at the Audi garage.

Some of the suggestions on this thread are nonsense.

Go to city centre and get the airport express bus which runs regularly

Thats what I do. The airport express bus is regular and reliable enough to be confident in. I get on it at St Vincent Place, the stop just next to the Auctioneers if a pint or two is required :)

What might be my best option to get to the airport for a 8,30pm flight? Usually I’d just have a few pints at the louden after the game and get a taxi, but the kick off time being 4pm leaves a little less time after FT. Options are walking to central and getting a bus or a taxi, so just looking for some local/more regular traveler

Plenty of time,into louden for few pints and wait on crowd going down.then taxi to airport.I’m going myself although my flight is 9.15

After a game at Ibrox, I attended a concert in Paisley in the evening. Just walked it all the way from Ibrox. Mental? Yes. Sir Ernest Shackleton eat yer heart out.

Back