Gheorghe Hagi about what he saw on Ibrox

Ianis 4 the 55

Offdide Ref!!!
In airport, just after landing from Scotland, answering some media questions:
" Ianis is in form, he plays well and he is happy. He chose the ideal team, the ideal club and everything goes well for him. From now on it's him you'll see, he will do the talking, and us, the rest will just watch him. I didn't have tears in my eyes, it was cold. Bravo to him, bravo to the team, they made a fantastic game. They turned the match and they have their chance, but they play against a very good team. I shall not transmit him anything, you talk to him. He is grown now, he is yours. Yes, I spoke with Gerrard before the game. "

In airport, just after landing from Scotland, answering some media questions:
" Ianis is in form, he plays well and he is happy. He chose the ideal team, the ideal club and everything goes well for him. From now on it's him you'll see, he will do the talking, and us, the rest will just watch him. I didn't have tears in my eyes, it was cold. Bravo to him, bravo to the team, they made a fantastic game. They turned the match and they have their chance, but they play against a very good team. I shall not transmit him anything, you talk to him. He is grown now, he is yours. Yes, I spoke with Gerrard before the game. "

Great reply! All about his son not him. Bet Gerrard was a fan boy meeting Hagi snr!

Watching the game again just now and l'm convinced that free kick is going in anyway regardless of the deflection, just an observation.

I noted this at the time myself! However, I accepted it going in the other corner.

Young Hagi is a very exciting prospect. Yes he speaks better English than most of the squad already, but I imagine it’s not that easy to come in and do what he’s done. Unless you have some star quality about you.

One of the few players who played better for his country than he did for most of his clubs

One of the few players who played better for his country than he did for most of his clubs
He was class for whoever he played for and the Steaua side were a joy to watch. His stats say almost one in two for an attacking midfield player, a striker would be proud of that so don't really get the played better for his country.

He was class for whoever he played for and the Steaua side were a joy to watch. His stats say almost one in two for an attacking midfield player, a striker would be proud of that so don't really get the played better for his country.

While for clubs he had more top quality players around him in the squad, for the national team he was the one who was pulling everyone to give it all. Of course it helped having players like Popescu, Petrescu, Raducioiu, Dumitrescu or Adrian Ilie around.

By the way Popescu has a son that plays for Hagi's club Viitorul that is seen as a great prospect.

Watching the game again just now and l'm convinced that free kick is going in anyway regardless of the deflection, just an observation.

It was going in to the top right or left either way. Keeper will be picking another couple out the net on Wednesday.

Really, because I seen him play for Steau and him and Lacatus were fantastic, he then went to Barca and Real before Galatasaray, not a bad selection of clubs, and he is still highly revered at all of them. He was a class above most in his day.
Yeah. From memory he was just great.
Club and country.

Did he not score a rocket for Romania v Scotland , I'm sure he did, I'm thinking around the time Steaua played us.
Euro 92 qualifier?
Don't think it was him.
He scored a penalty in the away game.
Rocket maybe first game at hampden. But don't think it was Hagi.

I wonder how often commentators are going to talk about oor Hagis dad and concentrate on him? Bet he gets sick of getting asked about his dad the whole time

Feel for the lad a bit as he'll always be compared and feel the pressure of living up to his old man wherever he goes. I know exactly what that's like as my old man was considered the best in the family at wallpapering and as much as I tried I could never live up to his standard.

it's early early days, however, from what he has shown in his 5 games, the option to buy in his loan has to be activated. He looks a phenomenal wee player who undoubtedly has so much more to give.

While for clubs he had more top quality players around him in the squad, for the national team he was the one who was pulling everyone to give it all. Of course it helped having players like Popescu, Petrescu, Raducioiu, Dumitrescu or Adrian Ilie around.

By the way Popescu has a son that plays for Hagi's club Viitorul that is seen as a great prospect.
Aside many others, you didn't mention Didi Prodan

Feel for the lad a bit as he'll always be compared and feel the pressure of living up to his old man wherever he goes. I know exactly what that's like as my old man was considered the best in the family at wallpapering and as much as I tried I could never live up to his standard.
I think your using that as a cover up. Pasting over the real issues

If you check his scoring rate for Steaua it is through the roof compared to every other club. The refs were under instruction they had to win. It was the most corrupt league in the world. Every domestic medal won at Steaua should have been taken off them.

Back