Gheorghe Hagi sure son Ianis is in the right place at the right time at Rangers

BlueMeanie

THE bigger the occasion, the higher the stakes, the more Gheorghe Hagi rose to the challenge for club and country.

And the Romanian legend is confident son Ianis will be able to do likewise as he looks to become a key player at home and abroad for Rangers this term.

Hagi Jnr has already made a significant impact for Steven Gerrard's side in the Premiership. He marked his first start at Ibrox with a late winner against Hibernian, while he got a crucial assist as Scott Arfield netted the only goal of the game in the victory over Livingston.
Now the 21-year-old will take to the European arena when Rangers host in-form and highly-rated Braga tomorrow evening in the Europa League.
It is the kind of stage Hagi has long been tipped to shine on as he attempts to follow in his father's illustrious footsteps.
And former Real Madrid and Barcelona hero Gheorghe believes his son is now in the right place at the right time.
"It was a great opportunity because it is a club with a winning mentality," Hagi Snr said.

"Of course he has a lot to learn from this club that has a tradition, it is a winning club and I am sure he will become much better because he will develop even more in his mentality and spirit.
"From what I know, Steven Gerrard called him, talked to him. It is still early to talk about what will be at the end of the season.
"The club must give this answer [whether he will remain at Rangers after his loan deal].
"The atmosphere, the stadium, the supporters, it's fantastic. Any player wants this.
"I'm glad that Rangers have come through those difficult years. Rangers showed once again that it is a very big club.
"Together with the supporters they have shown that they form a large family, that they are strong even in difficult times."
When Hagi completed his loan move from Genk, he spoke about how he has handled the pressure of having the famous family name on his back throughout his career.
Gerrard has backed him to forge his own reputation and Gheorghe believes the playmaker will continue to go from strength to strength at Ibrox in the second half of the season.
Hagi said: "Ianis is Ianis. He plays the same role as mine, but he has own qualities.
"With both legs, creativity. I’m sure he will only be appreciated for his qualities.
"Ianis likes pressure, he is used to it. He likes the challenge, the stakes of the match, the big occasions.
"He gets experience every day because he is very young.
"I watch almost every match. I was glad that it started out well and it is good for his moral. It is fantastic for him, at his age, to play with 50,000 supporters in the stands.
"This I’m sure will make it even better for him."

It’s great to hear bona fidey legends of the game speak about our club in such glowing terms . I love the look of young Hagi so far , really think he could be huge for us .

Compared to the bog standard clogging rubbish we see in Scotland , the boy is worth the admission money alone .

Nice comments but I do feel Hagi Snr could be unwelcome background noise if things don't go to plan for the kid.

It’s been a long time since we’ve had a player like him that will get fans excited. Think we’ll see the best of him on these European nights. Can’t wait for tomorrow

I'd like people to forget who his dad is and just concentrate on Ianis. He needs to be his own man, which he is but im sure he is fed up being asked about his dad all the time. He's started his Rangers career very well imo and i love how he always looks to get on the ball and make things happen. We havent had a player like that in a long time

He's done well so far but I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do when not faced with ten defenders around the edge of the box.

Roll on Thursday. Hopefully the cream rises to the top and Hagi shows that he belongs at a club of our size, and that he belongs at the knockout stages of a European competition.

Gary Dick(er) certainly welcomed him to SPFL and plastic pitches, I just hope he finds a way to avoid serious injuries from these cloggers.
Other than that he is finding his feet and a game against Braga might just be what we need to really see what he can deliver.

Stop being negative.

I wouldn’t say it’s negative per say.

There is no denying that he will be at his best in the hole behind a striker. If we can adjust our formation to allow this it would be perfect for him.

Something like:

—————————Morelos————————
———Kent————Hagi————Aribo———
——————Jack————Davis——————
—Borna———Katic——Goldson———Tav—
————————Shagger————————

Play a little narrower at the top like we were at the beginning of last season and have the fullbacks overlapping when required. It’s only a tweek on what we currently play, but I don’t think we need that 3rd defensive midfielder personally.

Gary Dick(er) certainly welcomed him to SPFL and plastic pitches, I just hope he finds a way to avoid serious injuries from these cloggers.
Other than that he is finding his feet and a game against Braga might just be what we need to really see what he can deliver.

As did Livingston and he just got back up and one with it.

Been here a matter of games and he's assisting, scored a goal and played some tremendous balls through that we should probably have taken advantage of.

Clearly full of ability and is always looking to get involved. His vision and ability to at that pass can only benefit our attackers.

There is no denying that he will be at his best in the hole behind a striker. If we can adjust our formation to allow this it would be perfect for him.

Something like:

—————————Morelos————————
————————Shagger————————

Play a little narrower at the top like we were at the beginning of last season and have the fullbacks overlapping when required. It’s only a tweek on what we currently play, but I don’t think we need that 3rd defensive midfielder personally.
I like the look of that team.

I'd love us to get the money to buy this boy
we would make millions in the sell on fee in a few years
as i think he will only get better and better

Would imagine he will get more time and space on the ball in these games. Let's hope he helps us take a good result to Portugal for the return leg.

Something like:

—————————Morelos————————
————————Shagger————————

You cant drop arfield on this form imo but agree on formation

Positive article.

Comment like this.

Bore off

Its true however. No matter how many will deny it. Gerrard needs to get the formation sorted and fast. His out on its feet tactical set up was once again exposed v Livingston in the first half. When it was finally tweaked it sparked us.

THE bigger the occasion, the higher the stakes, the more Gheorghe Hagi rose to the challenge for club and country.

And the Romanian legend is confident son Ianis will be able to do likewise as he looks to become a key player at home and abroad for Rangers this term.

Hagi Jnr has already made a significant impact for Steven Gerrard's side in the Premiership. He marked his first start at Ibrox with a late winner against Hibernian, while he got a crucial assist as Scott Arfield netted the only goal of the game in the victory over Livingston.
Now the 21-year-old will take to the European arena when Rangers host in-form and highly-rated Braga tomorrow evening in the Europa League.
It is the kind of stage Hagi has long been tipped to shine on as he attempts to follow in his father's illustrious footsteps.
And former Real Madrid and Barcelona hero Gheorghe believes his son is now in the right place at the right time.
"It was a great opportunity because it is a club with a winning mentality," Hagi Snr said.

"Of course he has a lot to learn from this club that has a tradition, it is a winning club and I am sure he will become much better because he will develop even more in his mentality and spirit.
"From what I know, Steven Gerrard called him, talked to him. It is still early to talk about what will be at the end of the season.
"The club must give this answer [whether he will remain at Rangers after his loan deal].
"The atmosphere, the stadium, the supporters, it's fantastic. Any player wants this.
"I'm glad that Rangers have come through those difficult years. Rangers showed once again that it is a very big club.
"Together with the supporters they have shown that they form a large family, that they are strong even in difficult times."
When Hagi completed his loan move from Genk, he spoke about how he has handled the pressure of having the famous family name on his back throughout his career.
Gerrard has backed him to forge his own reputation and Gheorghe believes the playmaker will continue to go from strength to strength at Ibrox in the second half of the season.
Hagi said: "Ianis is Ianis. He plays the same role as mine, but he has own qualities.
"With both legs, creativity. I’m sure he will only be appreciated for his qualities.
"Ianis likes pressure, he is used to it. He likes the challenge, the stakes of the match, the big occasions.
"He gets experience every day because he is very young.
"I watch almost every match. I was glad that it started out well and it is good for his moral. It is fantastic for him, at his age, to play with 50,000 supporters in the stands.
"This I’m sure will make it even better for him."
Well said Gheorghe. You tell them mate.

Providing he stays injury free, he will benefit as a player from playing against hammer throwers and defensive sides. And the winning mentality you need to play for Rangers will serve him well throughout his career

I’m not sure he’ll think that for too long if he keeps getting punted out on the wing.

Back