Gilmour has covid - out of Croatia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case rates are higher in those areas. However, let's say you travelled to Manchester to visit family. Who would be more at risk of contracting Covid - and bringing it back to Scotland - you from your contact with a handful of family or 20,000 pissed up eejits crammed together in a park or squeezed into Leicester Square together?
I see your point, but there was no reason to ban travel to London at the time of the game.
Its easy to try and blame those in power of the country for everything, but folk need to look at what they are doing on an individual level and own it.

Seems not.

That'll send Lennon in to a further conspiracy meltdown re Covid.
Lucky that the Scotland Team opted not to base the camp in Scotland then otherwise the whole team would have to isolate ( I think ). Spin that one FM, Scotland, Czech and Croatia all opted out of bases in Scotland.

Also lucky that in choosing England it was lucky that the SFA chose not to base the team in Manchester/Salford.

I see your point, but there was no reason to ban travel to London at the time of the game.
Its easy to try and blame those in power of the country for everything, but folk need to look at what they are doing on an individual level and own it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for personal responsibility. In terms of Covid I do my own Risk Assessment. As it happens, generally but not always, it co-incides with what 'rules' are in place - partly because my Mrs is high risk.

However, the hypocrisy on show from ScoGov over events in March and May at George Square and the near identical 'gatherings' in London defies belief.

I think its good that we are stricter than other places.
The tournament should not be getting played this year, domestic football with strictly limited crowds fine, but all this international travel and some stadiums pretty full is utter madness.

However, the hypocrisy on show from ScoGov over events in March and May at George Square and the near identical 'gatherings' in London defies belief.
Again, i think the restrictions have differed between March in Glasgow and June in London haven't they.
But either way, neither should have happened and yes, there has been two different spins on it, both in Holyrood and the media.
But we are Rangers fans and big bad bigots as far as these people are interested, the tartan army are jolly craicsters.

Having said that, is it the Scottish Governments place to comment on mass gatherings in London? I dont think Boris was commenting on the Title party celebrations in Glasgow was he?

Again, i think the restrictions have differed between March in Glasgow and June in London haven't they.
But either way, neither should have happened and yes, there has been two different spins on it, both in Holyrood and the media.
But we are Rangers fans and big bad bigots as far as these people are interested, the tartan army are jolly craicsters.

Having said that, is it the Scottish Governments place to comment on mass gatherings in London? I dont think Boris was commenting on the Title party celebrations in Glasgow was he?
They were quick enough to say Rangers didn't do enough to discourage fans gathering. Then came out with a bland, lost in other news, bit about not going to London.

FWIW case rates in Glasgow are higher now than in either of March or May - yet we had fans gathering in George Square on Friday night with not a peep from anyone. Then there's the whole fans attendance at games routine. You can have 12k now but Rangers couldn't have 10k back in May - when rates were lower. Another anomaly - since you say we are stricter in Scotland - to get into Wembley requires a negative Covid test or evidence of both vaccinations. To get into Hampden - zilch. She, and her party, are a shower of c*nts.

Last edited:
Sorry, what?

I must have imagined Gilmour getting MOTM on Friday. Strange
My bad as the kids say. Should have added the first match.

Very bad news for Gilmour but the point I was making was that White built up the announcement to be something a lot more serious.

Chilwell and Mount put into isolation by England in relation to end of match contact with Gilmour.

He was with McGinn and Robertson last night on IG story - will they have to miss it as close contacts?
I’m surprised the whole team that played on Friday don’t have to isolate. Have they relaxed the rules recently?

Hope the lad recovers fully and that young Patterson is okay.

How can Mount and Chilwell be out and there are no close contacts in the Scotland squad? Wouldn’t be surprised if Croatia start kicking off now.

Was looking forward to going to the game tomorrow now just totally deflated. Absolutely certainty IMO more will be made to isolate including Robertson and mcginn. Arguable 3 best players all out

How can 2 England players have to isolate but no further Scotland players. This will get worse tomorrow

Presumably it's the England team making the decision rather than the authorities. They'll be careful given they have games to come.

I wonder if Croatia will mention anything. BG has obviously been in close contact with teammates, especially on Friday directly after the game.

There has to be 'close contacts' within the Scotland squad ffs !

Croatia should be kicking up shit about this !
The problem for Scotland is they are clearly mcginn and Robertson . Imagine the Scotland team missing those 3. They may as well not turn up . It will be a case of get through the game tomorrow and win or lose deal with the consequences of any others test positive

Chilwell and Mount put into isolation by England in relation to end of match contact with Gilmour.
If it's solely due to their end of match contact on the pitch then you've got to ask why Steve Clark isn't isolating. He was practically nose to nose with the lad looking like he was about to give him a full on snog!

The problem for Scotland is they are clearly mcginn and Robertson . Imagine the Scotland team missing those 3. They may as well not turn up . It will be a case of get through the game tomorrow and win or lose deal with the consequences of any others test positive
Robertson deleting that video isn’t a good look for Scotland

My understanding is that you need to have been in close contact with a person (<2m) for at least 15mins to be considered as a close contact.
How long does a game of table tennis last?
In game time and training you probably wont have been with a single person in close proximity for that long really.
Meals can be done socially distanced etc.

It seems like folk on the thread want there to be more players out

If it's solely due to their end of match contact on the pitch then you've got to ask why Steve Clark isn't isolating. He was practically nose to nose with the lad looking like he was about to give him a full on snog!
England have done it as a precaution though. They might not play but it might be to protect the rest of the squad going forward.

Strikes me us utterly bizarre that his Chelsea team mates in the England team are deemed to have been more at risk than the 25 other guys that shared a dressing room, bus, dinner table, training pitch etc with him for days either side of the match.

How can 2 England players have to isolate but no further Scotland players. This will get worse tomorrow

Was just going to post this

So Chillwell and Mount self isolate for contact with Gilmour

But no Scottish players are affected

That sounds bizarre to me

Surely Gilmour was in close proximity to other Scottish players and staff after the game and on the way back to the team hotel etc!!

Strikes me us utterly bizarre that his Chelsea team mates in the England team are deemed to have been more at risk than the 25 other guys that shared a dressing room, bus, dinner table, training pitch etc with him for days either side of the match.
All those things are done with social distancing with the exception of the training which is minimal risk.

Yes it is nuts, you are far more likely to get covid in a closed room like a changing room that you are out in the open air like a pitch.

I find it hard to believe that Gilmour wasn't in close contact with anyone on Saturday or Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back