Gilmour has covid - out of Croatia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the news on Twitter. Gutted for the boy having to miss out! Would assume he’s been in close contact with other players though so I wonder if there will be more players missing out?

Hopefully symptoms are mild and he's back up and running sooner rather than later. Couple of people I know caught it in November and are still struggling with the after effects.

A lot of people writing us off but we're at our best when our backs are against the wall.

Devastating for him, what an opportunity he had after his performance on Friday. He must have been buzzing.

We could be in real trouble if a few others are out through close contact.

Was the reason the team are based in England because the rules on close contacts aren’t as strict?

If we were training in Scotland we probably wouldn’t have been able to field a team tomorrow.
I thought they were based in England because Croatia/Czech had booked the only feasible places to set up camp.

That said, they both pulled out in the end so perhaps you are right and that was their reason

How’s he caught it
Could have got it two weeks ago from the other positives in the Scotland camp, but it’s only just came to life in his system.

I’m not trying to sound smug, as I largely don’t pay attention to the current COVID debacle so just firing in a guess :))

You'd imagine, everyone has their own bedroom with dining and indoor activities all ventilated and distanced to have no knock on effect to he rest of the squad. That's how I imagine a well organised Association to have planned things anyway.
Young, healthy athlete will come through this no problem just in time for the Semi final stage !

If there are no close contact rules in England, and it's obvious that he has been in close proximity to others, what's the point of having to isolate at all?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back