Gilmour has covid - out of Croatia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ffs. If I had to pick 3 players I wouldn't have wanted to get covid out of the entire Scotland squad, he'd have been one of them. What a Scottish situation.

Can they call up others to the squad in the case of covid call offs? That Ryan Gauld is meant to be a similar type of player.

It is crazy. A kid in a primary school gets it and the whole class and half their street are isolating, but footballers who have meals together, play table tennis and share changing rooms aren't in close contact.

I'd love to have heard Test and Protect's call with Steve Clarke on this one.

Ooft, that's an interesting one.

The main thing is that the young man isn't affected too badly by the virus. That, in all honesty, is more important than how Scotland fare.

Are the team still in England? Only asking as the Scotland team bus was in front of me on the M74 heading to Glasgow yesterday afternoon

FAir play to SFA (something I never thought I'd type!) but they stayed away from Nip-olean and her useless gang for their tournament base....wise decision.

Can they call up others to the squad in the case of covid call offs? That Ryan Gauld is meant to be a similar type of player.
That’s the reason for 26 man squads, but they could swap COVID infected players out until the tournament began.

Obviously they can’t at this stage.

Very . Family ? Friends after the game ? England player ? Who knows . But the hotel isn’t open to the public
All the hotel staff will not be isolating in bubbles or being tested out the ying yang, could easily have come from there.
Could have caught it anywhere

Very . Family ? Friends after the game ? England player ? Who knows . But the hotel isn’t open to the public
It can’t be a England player unless he coughed on his face or stood speaking to him face on for a certain amount of time.

He was surrounded by a lot of people, and although it is less likely you'll catch it outside, there are still people close enough. There are also the media personnel, the technician that put up the microphones, the people who handled his trophy before he got it, the staff at the hotel who changed his bedsheets etc. There are a million possibilities, with the most likely individual reason probably being a false positive test (which is hopefully the case).
The players should probably have another confirmation test if they have a positive test, but that would not look good politically.

The opposite I would say,this is what exactly why Scotland based themselves in England,if it had been Scottish Covid guidance close contacts galore would be involved
What are the differences in the close contact rules between Scotland and England? I thought the rules were broadly the same across the UK.

A lot of the rules make little sense.

Probably as long as everyone has been wearing masks and adhering to social distancing whilst indoors then there will be deemed no close contacts.

Yup.

Guy at my work tested positive a couple months back and he named his full shift as 'close contacts' and they were all told to isolate. The gaffers went apeshit at him. Basically saying that none of them could be close contacts as they should have been following rules in terms of social distancing, face coverings etc and if they didn't all get in to work they would be in bother.

We all know that it's complete pish but, this is how they get around it.

Wonder when he tested positive? They only go back 48 hours when looking for close contacts don't they? The other question would be, if he's in the team bubble and they are secured at the training camp, who has he caught it from?

Exactly, it would depend what time Gilmour was tested, if he was tested this morning then only his close contacts from Saturday and Sunday would have to isolate.

If he was tested at 2150 hours (or before) last night then all the people he hugged after the game should be classed as close contacts and have to isolate.

I could be wrong but I think the special covid rules for footballers only cover actual game time, and all the hugging that goes on after the final whistle is not covered.

Because of the covid situation it is weird that players are hugging opposition players after the final whistle, very risky behaviour.

He was surrounded by a lot of people, and although it is less likely you'll catch it outside, there are still people close enough. There are also the media personnel, the technician that put up the microphones, the people who handled his trophy before he got it, the staff at the hotel who changed his bedsheets etc. There are a million possibilities, with the most likely individual reason probably being a false positive test (which is hopefully the case).
The players should probably have another confirmation test if they have a positive test, but that would not look good politically.
How does that work if it’s a false positive test?
If he returns a couple of negative does he still have to isolate?

We will probably get more positives before the match. These new strains are much easier to pass on.

All the hotel staff will not be isolating in bubbles or being tested out the ying yang, could easily have come from there.
Could have caught it anywhere
Yup, but if a member of staff has passed it to Gilmour what are the chances of that same member of staff NOT having passed it to any other player?

How does that work if it’s a false positive test?
If he returns a couple of negative does he still have to isolate?
I think so, certainly in the UK. I'm sure I read somewhere that the contacts don't have to isolate for 10 days if they have negative tests. That could have been outwith the UK though.

Yup.

Guy at my work tested positive a couple months back and he named his full shift as 'close contacts' and they were all told to isolate. The gaffers went apeshit at him. Basically saying that none of them could be close contacts as they should have been following rules in terms of social distancing, face coverings etc and if they didn't all get in to work they would be in bother.

We all know that it's complete pish but, this is how they get around it.
This happened at my work too, and guys were threatened. Its all batshit crazy as to why nobody is bothering their arse any more!
Was it in Fife by the off chance?

My goodness that 'joke' has worn thin very quickly.

On Gilmour, when he tested positive will be relevant. For close contacts they only go back 48 hours so if the positive test was this morning (probably unlikely) then Friday's game and who he was in contact with then will be irrelevant in terms of designated 'close contacts'.

Which then raises the question, who did he catch it from? Could it have been a member of staff at the hotel? If so, they will likely have passed it to others.

Whole raft of questions arise from this.

It is crazy. A kid in a primary school gets it and the whole class and half their street are isolating, but footballers who have meals together, play table tennis and share changing rooms aren't in close contact.

I'd love to have heard Test and Protect's call with Steve Clarke on this one.

Scotland had better be careful here or could end up in shit

Sorry to hear about his covid result, but how the hell can there be no close contacts, when the team are together, isolated

Celtics close contacts from Dubai were used once team were back in Glasgow and wanting to play a match.

Once the Scotland team enters Glasgow and wants to play a match its surely, loosely, the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back