Gilmour has covid - out of Croatia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
A clear ploy by the English. They’ve cranked up the number of cycles on our tests so they fail.
Not serious but I expect to see it from the looney Nats

Just talked to a woman who said her 20 something son and 10 pals went to London. Few of them felt a bit shit after returning and 5 tested positive. So when the covid rates shoot up in a week or so who will Sturgeon blame? Obviously it is her fault, but no way will she admit it.
They could have took it down with them and passed it in on down there.

Gilmore or no Gilmore , Scotland weren’t beating Croatia . We will , sadly , be the only team papped out without scoring a single goal in all three games , no amount of bigging up a 0-0 draw with England can polish what has been another national embarrassment on and off the park . If Clarke had picked a team to win the game against Czechoslovakia then it could and should have been different . But we are scotland and we do what we do .
Bang on, a defensive set up, for a must win game was bonkers and sums up clarke

Gilmore or no Gilmore , Scotland weren’t beating Croatia . We will , sadly , be the only team papped out without scoring a single goal in all three games , no amount of bigging up a 0-0 draw with England can polish what has been another national embarrassment on and off the park . If Clarke had picked a team to win the game against Czechoslovakia then it could and should have been different . But we are scotland and we do what we do .

What about Gilmour though?

Billy Gilmour wasn't born when Czechoslovakia existed, he could never play against him.

Gilmore girls.

I’m fairly indifferent about Scotland just now but it’s pretty pathetic if a player aged 20 with one cap is so irreplaceable that Scotland can’t win without him.
For what it’s worth I don’t agree that Scotland can’t win without him, but I never thought that they would win with him in the team.

No...that's just you putting words into my mouth trying to make me sound silly. People like you ruin this forum.

What I am insinuating is that many footballers have raised concerns regarding the accuracy of these tests. False positives is a thing, that's not a theory, it's a fact.

Aye, ok, and footballers have suddenly become experts on the vaccination process and the associated science. It's not me making you sound silly.

I’m fairly indifferent about Scotland just now but it’s pretty pathetic if a player aged 20 with one cap is so irreplaceable that Scotland can’t win without him.
For what it’s worth I don’t agree that Scotland can’t win without him, but I never thought that they would win with him in the team.
I don’t know. Gilmour looks like a ‘once in 20 years’ level of talent, regardless of age or experience.

There’s plenty of evidence to suggest that he’s our best player.

A 10 day isolation period would see Gilmour - and any close contacts that subsequently come to light - miss the last 16 tie in the event that Scotland make it through as well.

I'm still not clear how there aren't any close contacts within the squad, given they are holed up together in a hotel, but I'm sure they will be quizzed on it by our media. Maybe.
%^*& sake, I was ready to start singing Fitba is coming hame too.

Are the Scottish government turning a blind eye to this? Questions must be asked as to why a team is being allowed to play in Glasgow tomorrow when there is evidently COVID in the squad.

The lad will be devastated. A real cruel twist for him and the team. I had my doubts in any case against beating the Croats, though some FF’ers are more positive about the possible result compared to me. Once again it will depend who Clarke picks for the team and his strategy. Either way, I am not confident.

Are the Scottish government turning a blind eye to this? Questions must be asked as to why a team is being allowed to play in Glasgow tomorrow when there is evidently COVID in the squad.
He tested positive when the squad were in the English training base. Therefore English rules apply.

He tested positive when the squad were in the English training base. Therefore English rules apply.
If he tested positive before this morning then that brings all he was in contact with on Friday night into the equation. Do we know when they left Middlesbrough?

Spot on

1% false positive rate, I think the false positive rate is quiet high. From my wifes work I have known of a couple who have done the PCR tests, had two positives and then went that day and got a negative from the main test centres.
Different tests - different markers.

Could be more news to come. From The Scotsman:

Scotland are facing an anxious wait over the prospect of losing more key players for their Euro 2020 showdown against Croatia.

According to a report, Public Health England are investigating whether any of Steve Clarke's squad are considered close contacts of Billy Gilmour following the midfielder’s positive Covid-19 test.
The Chelsea star will now miss the must-win Group D clash at Hampden tomorrow and must now self-isolate for 10 days. The 20-year-old was a stand-out performer in the 0-0 draw with England at Wembley on Friday and his absence has rocked the Tartan Army in the build-up to the big match.

The rest of the squad returned negative tests and the Scotland camp are confident that no other players will be affected, but the Daily Record report that health chiefs south of the border are looking into the matter.

Scotland captain Andy Robertson has removed social media pictures of him playing table tennis with Gilmour and John McGinn at the team’s training base in Darlington.

A new rule brought in so the rest of the players and staff don't have to self insolate? Why ?
Ban on transport to Manchester. The scotshit government makes it up as they go along.
Wonder if Croatia will question this action. Must be a risk as he has most probably been in contact with the rest of the squad unless they lie about it.

No close contacts. How is that even possible when they are in a team bubble?

Could have touched a contaminated surface.

A plate, a button in a lift, a grab pole on the bus. There are still staff around them in the form of bus drivers, pilots and cabin crew, hotel staff etc. And all the people who maintain those things could potentially cause contamination and leave the virus on a surface.

Did Robertson not have a social media post which has been removed of him and Billy playing table tennis ?

Or is that a load of nonsense

A new rule brought in so the rest of the players and staff don't have to self insolate? Why ?
Ban on transport to Manchester. The scotshit government makes it up as they go along.
Wonder if Croatia will question this action. Must be a risk as he has most probably been in contact with the rest of the squad unless they lie about it.
and they have been since march 2020

A couple of blippis in your post there

Whit gilmore are you talkin about then and who are Czechoslovakia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back