Gilmour has covid - out of Croatia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be more news to come. From The Scotsman:

Scotland are facing an anxious wait over the prospect of losing more key players for their Euro 2020 showdown against Croatia.

According to a report, Public Health England are investigating whether any of Steve Clarke's squad are considered close contacts of Billy Gilmour following the midfielder’s positive Covid-19 test.
The Chelsea star will now miss the must-win Group D clash at Hampden tomorrow and must now self-isolate for 10 days. The 20-year-old was a stand-out performer in the 0-0 draw with England at Wembley on Friday and his absence has rocked the Tartan Army in the build-up to the big match.

The rest of the squad returned negative tests and the Scotland camp are confident that no other players will be affected, but the Daily Record report that
health chiefs south of the border are looking into the matter.

Scotland captain Andy Robertson has removed social media pictures of him playing table tennis with Gilmour and John McGinn at the team’s training base in Darlington.
Nats and Tartan Trannies will up to their knees in conspirasees if anyone else gets told to isolate. :D

"English basturts!!! How!?"

Could have touched a contaminated surface.

A plate, a button in a lift, a grab pole on the bus. There are still staff around them in the form of bus drivers, pilots and cabin crew, hotel staff etc. And all the people who maintain those things could potentially cause contamination and leave the virus on a surface.
And if they had/did then surely more than one player would have picked up the virus you'd have thought? Odds against only 1 player being infected surely?

Trying to discuss where he caught it is an absolute waste of time. I'd say impossible.

Too many so called experts have fed us their own ideas for over a year now and still nobodies any the wiser.

The only answer is hazmat football kits.

And if they had/did then surely more than one player would have picked up the virus you'd have thought? Odds against only 1 player being infected surely?
You would think so but you can just never be certain. Could be a case of extremely bad luck.

Touched a surface then adjusted his facemask without even thinking or noticing, right before everybody sanitises their hands.

He must be gutted after doing so well. I’m gutted for him as a Scotland and Chelsea fan but most importantly, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Could have touched a contaminated surface.

A plate, a button in a lift, a grab pole on the bus. There are still staff around them in the form of bus drivers, pilots and cabin crew, hotel staff etc. And all the people who maintain those things could potentially cause contamination and leave the virus on a surface.
I get that but he’s 100% been in close contact with the squad so why aren’t they isolating?

Another SFA covid disaster.

...And there is the bottom line. An organisation that holds and punishes its clubs for failing to keep rules that they themselves consistently fail when those same players are in the SFA's control. Is this the 3rd or 4th time now Scotland players have caught COVID on International duty? Where are their own controls. Imbeciles. These buffoons deserve failure!

Hope the wee man get full recovered soon.

Could be more news to come. From The Scotsman:

Scotland are facing an anxious wait over the prospect of losing more key players for their Euro 2020 showdown against Croatia.

According to a report, Public Health England are investigating whether any of Steve Clarke's squad are considered close contacts of Billy Gilmour following the midfielder’s positive Covid-19 test.
The Chelsea star will now miss the must-win Group D clash at Hampden tomorrow and must now self-isolate for 10 days. The 20-year-old was a stand-out performer in the 0-0 draw with England at Wembley on Friday and his absence has rocked the Tartan Army in the build-up to the big match.

The rest of the squad returned negative tests and the Scotland camp are confident that no other players will be affected, but the Daily Record report that health chiefs south of the border are looking into the matter.

Scotland captain Andy Robertson has removed social media pictures of him playing table tennis with Gilmour and John McGinn at the team’s training base in Darlington.
Not a great look for Andy Robertson trying to hide pictures

You would think so but you can just never be certain. Could be a case of extremely bad luck.

Touched a surface then adjusted his facemask without even thinking or noticing, right before everybody sanitises their hands.

He must be gutted after doing so well. I’m gutted for him as a Scotland and Chelsea fan but most importantly, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.
There is a 0.01% chance of catching Covid from a surface so knowing Scotland’s luck that’s exactly how he caught it

No worries. He’ll be back for the quarter final.

tenor.gif
No chance, no chance in hell

I’m betting 8-10 players/coaches should be isolating. Was listening to something yesterday where they said most of the squad that played were in the “magnificent spa” at the hotel the day after the game.

Just talked to a woman who said her 20 something son and 10 pals went to London. Few of them felt a bit shit after returning and 5 tested positive. So when the covid rates shoot up in a week or so who will Sturgeon blame? Obviously it is her fault, but no way will she admit it.
Folk need to take ownership for their actions, its not the governments fault, they knew the risks of travelling and now they have to deal with it accordingly.

Feel sorry for Billy,played really well against England and it's a shame he has to miss the game.
Thats his tournament over as I can't see Scotland going any further tbh.

Ok it wasn’t a loophole but it was through the payoffs via 2 games won on penalties.

I think we could term that the “back door”.
so if we qualify for the CL on pens, it would be via the backdoor?
I think not.
The filth being reinstated to the CL a few years ago was via the back door

Is the Manchester and Salford bans not due to the high case counts in the area?
I presume London is lower, but happy to be wrong on that.
Much like travelling to a green country or a red country, different rules apply and can be changed at the drop of a hat, as things develop.
It is their fault for letting thousands travel to London when they are banning people travelling to Manchester.

Also is this not one of the reasons the base camp is in England - they Covid rules in Scotland are more severe for contacts ? Hence why Celtic got hammered post Dubai ?

Much like travelling to a green country or a red country, different rules apply and can be changed at the drop of a hat, as things develop.
Case rates are higher in those areas. However, let's say you travelled to Manchester to visit family. Who would be more at risk of contracting Covid - and bringing it back to Scotland - you from your contact with a handful of family or 20,000 pissed up eejits crammed together in a park or squeezed into Leicester Square together?

Last edited:
Also is this not one of the reasons the base camp is in England - they Covid rules in Scotland are more severe for contacts ? Hence why Celtic got hammered post Dubai ?
Yes. Scotland are now travelling into Glasgow and surely NHS Greater Glasgow will need to be seen to be acting in the same manner given its fact theres been a covid failure and its our local rules.

Seems bizarre that you can hide in England to announce the positive then arrive in Scotland 12 hours later and not face the same as Celtic from Dubai. Celtic’s players had also tested negative initially.

Lennon be sat in house doing inverted commas at the wall.

Dundee has the highest rate in the whole of the UK and cases are still rising there, yet they can go anywhere.

Exactly.
How come the majority of SPL teams went a full season with only a few covid issues, yet every time the national team gets together, folk end up having to isolate???
What are the SFA doing?
The U21s also returned multiple cases every time they went away

The best advise I can give is get yourself a baseball bat incase borna scores the winner. The unionist hunt will be under way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back