Gio’s record as Rangers manager

League:
Games: 25
Wins: 18
Draw: 5
Loses: 2
PPG: 2.36 (90 points if extended over full season)

Europa League - finalist
Games: 11
Wins: 5
Draw:2
Loss: 4 (only one of which mattered as the others were won over 2 legs).

Scottish Cup - winners
Games: 5
Won: 5

Without his own players, after coming in mid-season.
Nice info mate.

Gio’s record is pretty good. Easy to overlook that both players and management take time to settle in. In this regard he’s already done really, really well.

Already excited about next season. Today feels like it has been quite cathartic.

3 prizes were up for grabs when he arrived.

The league was a tough one to take. Far too many dropped points from winning positions. Motherwell at Ibrox and Ross County away are two that stand out. Europe has been unbelievable and some memories I will have with me till the day I'm gone. We don't make the Europa final with Gerrard imo. The finest of margins between making history and falling short. It hurts like fcuk, but that was our best European run since 1972.

And the Scottish Cup is finally back home where it belongs.

A solid 8.5 out of 10 from me.

He’s won 1 out of 3 competitions he was in charge for, and made the final of another with someone else’s team

Fat Ange, the media darling, magician and manager of the year has won 2 from 6…..perspective

The biggest summer transfer window since Gerrards first. Far more riches can be made from the correct recruitment though. CL groups would be a huge budget booster and incentive for players to come.

But that's 2 seasons on the trot with silverware.

Get our business done pronto this year. Good pre season behind all the remaining and new additions then stuck into the qualifiers. Maybe I am optimistic but if we do the above then there's no reason why we still can't have that pot of gold this year. Well done to all the players and management this year. I will remember that Euro run with great pride.
Let's get this kangaroo shagging basturd and all his rabid dogs battered right back into place.

The league was a tough one to take. Far too many dropped points from winning positions. Motherwell at Ibrox and Ross County away are two that stand out. Europe has been unbelievable and some memories I will have with me till the day I'm gone. We don't make the Europa final with Gerrard imo. The finest of margins between making history and falling short. It hurts like fcuk, but that was our best European run since 1972.

He has to take a lot of the flack for losing the league, there’s no getting away from that, but in his defence he was still learning what worked with this player and that and how to get the best out of them collectively.

He finished the season very strongly and it bodes well for the future, especially because the money he helped generate through our Euro run will provide him with a healthy transfer budget regardless of selling players.

We’ve won 3 games in extra time - two of them only a couple of days after extra-time in Europe.

The 4th extra time was Frankfurt.

All of these without our main striker and other injuries.

Becoming theRangers manager has big expectations and not easy, you have to hit the ground running. To do it half way through a season with a team thats not his, i wouldn't of liked to been in his shoes. He stepped up an delivered, no small task. Well done gio.

He has to take a lot of the flack for losing the league, there’s no getting away from that, but in his defence he was still learning what worked with this player and that and how to get the best out of them collectively.

He finished the season very strongly and it bodes well for the future, especially because the money he helped generate through our Euro run will provide him with a healthy transfer budget regardless of selling players.
Agree with that to an extent the players were also learning how he wanted them to play, hagi then Alfredo's injuries didn't help. Alfredo only played one old firm game. Fate was against us I think if he had played in the euro final might have seen a different outcome be interesting to see who comes in upfront.

We had a wobble after the league restarted, but he has come back from that.

He took us the the EL final, and won the Scots cup. He has also changed the attitude of the team along the way. The last 10 games we have won 7 and lost to RBL and EF with one draw against the beggars.

Thats probably on his team as well, Voss and Makaay. Is it pre-season yet! B-D

This is exactly it for me
He’s won 1 out of 3 competitions he was in charge for, and made the final of another with someone else’s team

Fat Ange, the media darling, magician and manager of the year has won 2 from 6…..perspective
This is exactly how it is, but will never be discussed outwith FF. That coverage today by our national broadcaster was an utter embarrassment, and the Scottish press will be very much the same... FT All

I was worried at end of Feb/ start of March but Gio has proved me wrong. Really excited with him in charge & buzzing for next season. We do need a strong window with good recruitment…Gio now has the measure of Fat Ang.

Euro Final defeat is hard to take but after Manchester we won 3 league titles on the spin. I can see the same happening here.

League:
Games: 25
Wins: 18 (72%)
Draw: 5
Loses: 2
PPG: 2.36 (90 points if extended over full season)

Europa League - finalist
Games: 11
Wins: 5
Draw:2
Loss: 4 (only one of which mattered as the others were won over 2 legs).

Scottish Cup - winners
Games: 5
Won: 5

Without his own players, after coming in mid-season.
Bet he put some team together over the next couple of seasons
And he loves the Rangers !!!

Let him bring in some of his own players, and he will have an idea who in the squad doesn’t fit. Full pre-season and we are in for a very exciting season next year.

Just hope the board back him well and most importantly early on in the window.

The man wins trophies. It's what he did in Holland and it's how he's signed off his first half of a season at Ibrox. The league was a sore one and there's plenty of blame to go round for the slips ups that led to us losing that, but to reach a final of European competition without Morelos being available from the quarter finals onwards was an incredible achievement.

It gets glossed over but Morelos has been pivotal to our revived fortunes on the European stage. To lose a player like that, then to lose Roofe after Braga and then knock out Leipzig over two legs without a striker. Then line up in the final with no strikers and narrowly lose out on the lottery that is penalties. He's done incredibly well, especially given the level of injuries we've had in this final part of the season.

He needs backed in the summer, and I have a good feeling he will be. The players clearly respect him and everyone is pushing in the right direction. It's time to capitalise on that.

Top post,couldn't agree more.

I was worried at end of Feb/ start of March but Gio has proved me wrong. Really excited with him in charge & buzzing for next season. We do need a strong window with good recruitment…Gio now has the measure of Fat Ang.

Euro Final defeat is hard to take but after Manchester we won 3 league titles on the spin. I can see the same happening here.
I know there has been a lot of downbeat posting after Wednesday but i'm just not feeling it.

I can only see good things going forward, i can't see us not building something on the back of this season.

We end an era when we rip up this team. The first era of us being back properly and i understand that can be a bit scary.

But I can't wait to see what we build for our second era, bursting to see what we do next year.

I fancy a european trophy sooner rather than later, next 3 years tops.

What final did he make with someone else's team?

Even in the match thread today there was at least one person calling him clueless up until we scored. It genuinely boggles my mind that people want a manager sacked six months after he arrived (to much acclaim as well). And let’s be honest, in a poll in March it was a majority on here who wanted him gone. Madness.

The league was disappointing but he's done well overall. Obviously getting all the way to Seville was amazing but he's also got a couple of monkeys off his back- winning a domestic cup and beating puddle drinkers.

Next season will be interesting. Our recruitment has to be top notch as without doubt that lot will look to bring in at least one or two for the CL groups and as they'll be under pressure to emulate our European successes.

He does, but it has to be seen within the context of joining us halfway through a season. We were not playing well at any point until he arrived. I think he set us up in the wrong formation after seeing the debacle against Hibs and we were a too soft in midfield. We initially went on a good run, but if I'm being honest, I was never very comfortable watching those games and we were pretty lucky not to drop points. Add to that some of the baffling decisions against us. The defeat at the Knew Camp seemed to change things for Gio.

By the time we were starting to get some momentum, it was too late in reality.

Next season will be interesting. Our recruitment has to be top notch as without doubt that lot will look to bring in at least one or two for the CL groups and as they'll be under pressure to emulate our European successes.

Recruitment needs to be on the point. Never easy.

Back