Gio and Tav lay Wreath at Anfield

Twitter in general is a cesspool. No matter the original content the replies always turn into a bile throwing contest. Best in the sea AFAIC.

Great gesture by the club though. Recent events have shown class all round.
I chucked it not long ago because of it. Just made me walk about angry and brought the worst out.

I chucked it not long ago because of it. Just made me walk about angry and brought the worst out.
I'm the same. I tried to narrow it down to just following businesses, news & sports feeds but I couldn't help but read the comments & if I wasn't ending up in arguments I'd at least be annoyed with the idiocy. Way too many cans of juice were consumed so binning it was the wisest move.

Lovely, classy touch by the club.

And of course, along comes the Beggar (Alan.. @tal18881916) on twitter to belittle the occasion..if you have twitter, please light the cvnt up!!

I’m all for being a cut above the rest, but I have to admit I find this act to be a bit strange…. We are 6 months late (or early) in laying a wreath. With all due respect to those lost and all the families who suffered thereafter, I’d only expect this to happen during a reasonable window of the annual anniversary.

Who was the last team to lay a wreath for our fallen 6 months either side of the anniversary of our tragedy? Apologies in advance if my opinion comes across as a bit insensitive

I can’t help but feel there is an element of grandstanding with this - tweet, retweet, like etc

WATP!

I’m all for being a cut above the rest, but I have to admit I find this act to be a bit strange…. We are 6 months late (or early) in laying a wreath. With all due respect to those lost and all the families who suffered thereafter, I’d only expect this to happen during a reasonable window of the annual anniversary.

Who was the last team to lay a wreath for our fallen 6 months either side of the anniversary of our tragedy? Apologies in advance if my opinion comes across as a bit insensitive

I can’t help but feel there is an element of grandstanding with this - tweet, retweet, like etc

WATP!
What are you on about?

I’m pretty sure the club would have done the same even if social media wasn’t a thing.

It’s called respect. Some have it, others don’t.

What are you on about?

I’m pretty sure the club would have done the same even if social media wasn’t a thing.

It’s called respect. Some have it, others don’t.
I thought my opinion was pretty clear. We can agree to disagree ye known, without being all ratty about it.

I come in peace ffs

It's what we do.

Class from a class club.
Real class is just doing the correct thing at the correct time. There is no need to draw it to each other’s or anyone else’s attention. That just lessens the effect slightly.

WATP!
Nearly everyone who visits Anfield for the first time (outside of match days) will go to the memorial. Some will leave flowers, a wreath or some form of tribute. Some won't.

Not sure it can be described grandstanding, social media is just the way of the world now.

Well done Rangers, Tav & Gio
Seems only right to do this - & as far as I'm concerned it's all the more valid considering both clubs have these tragedies in our history

Reading many of the comments though is sickening
I'm always uncomfortable when a genuine act of kindness or respect is met with some form of criticism
For some - these things turn into a sort of competition
How anyone's mind can bend events & outcomes into levels of suffering, degrees of grief or who might not be fully respectful - & conclude one is more 'worthy' than another - seriously needs help IMO

Wouldn't have expected anything less. Since we have also had our own tragedy it was only right we payed our respects to Liverpools fallen, as they will do when they visit Ibrox im sure.

A nice touch!

I don't use social media so I thankfully don't see the attention seeking idiots that pollute it.

WATP!
What an awful and strange post.

This is the first time we have played Liverpool in any official capacity at Anfield.

Laying a wreath doesn’t have to be within a specific “ window “ that you have deemed acceptable.

It’s called human decency and respect.

WATP!
I find this a strange comment, is it grandstanding while visiting the 9/11 memorial in New York while visiting at any time of year? it's also worth remembering one of our 66 souls was the youngest child, an 8 year old lad from liverpool.

Last edited:
I find this a strange comment, is it grandstanding while visiting the 9/11 memorial in New York while visiting at any time of year? it's also worth remembering one of our 66 souls was a lad from liverpool.
I genuinely never knew that mate .

I'm the same. I tried to narrow it down to just following businesses, news & sports feeds but I couldn't help but read the comments & if I wasn't ending up in arguments I'd at least be annoyed with the idiocy. Way too many cans of juice were consumed so binning it was the wisest move.
I got an email from Twitter yesterday, 3 years after they banned me, telling that actually after a further review my account didn't violate their rules after all, so I'm back on. It's still poison I see.

Nearly everyone who visits Anfield for the first time (outside of match days) will go to the memorial. Some will leave flowers, a wreath or some form of tribute. Some won't.

Not sure it can be described grandstanding, social media is just the way of the world now.
This puts a bit of a different light on it then. I’d say it has become a traditional mark of respect carried out by teams who visit for the first time - then fair dues. I honestly thought we were the first to do this at a time way beyond the normal anniversary.

Out of curiosity is this also a done thing by teams who visit Ibrox for the first time - I just don’t recall it happening.

Can anyone tell me the benefits that people get from twitter?

Nothing seems to be off limits with it. Any decent heart warming story will be ruined by faceless pond life, who would never dare behave like that in public.
It’s worse today am staying off it the absalute worst of the Rangers support.

This puts a bit of a different light on it then. I’d say it has become a traditional mark of respect carried out by teams who visit for the first time - then fair dues. I honestly thought we were the first to do this at a time way beyond the normal anniversary.

Out of curiosity is this also a done thing by teams who visit Ibrox for the first time - I just don’t recall it happening.
I didn't mean teams. I don't know about that.
Just many people in general

WATP!
There's always one.

*shakes head*

I have vague memories of the Ibrox disaster, just a bit too young to take it all in.

I remember Hillsborough very well as I was at parkhead watching us against st johnstone. Anyone who followed football, felt it that day as it could have happened to any of us that followed their teams. A routine, we all done week in week out, only this time it was a tragedy which we could all empathise with, not to forget the absolute horror at Bradford too. Was a bad time for football.

We know as much as anyone that has experienced it, about the devastation of losing fans in a tragedy.
This shows with this great mark of respect by our club, for Liverpool FC and the 97 absent friends.

Back