Gio & his subs

Not all substitutions work but I admire Gio's attempts to change things on the field of play (sometimes on multiple occasions within a game, actually mostly successful).

We are definitely in safe hands.

Last edited:
Mate I think Gios tactics and line up were shocking today. He played the full game including ET without a striker.

If we lost today again there would be people
Shouting for his head. I’m still not convinced about next season or giving him funds
Just a standout example of some of our fans knowing absolutely f*ck all about football, to be honest.

Just a standout example of some of our fans knowing absolutely f*ck all about football, to be honest.
Yeah mate. Would have been a different story if we lost. We left Roofe to late the other night.

Another example of our fans been fanboys

Mate I think Gios tactics and line up were shocking today. He played the full game including ET without a striker.

If we lost today again there would be people
Shouting for his head. I’m still not convinced about next season or giving him funds

In case you hadn't noticed we have been playing a few games without a striker, and quite successfully.

We didn't lose today and in fact deserved to win by a distance.

He's worked wonders with a badly dealt hand in these last few weeks culminating in a Europa League Final and a Scottish Cup win.

Carson's army is the type of army that runs in the heat of battle and fucks off back into Belarus I think.

Something that always bothered me under Gerrard was his lack of substitutions and his choice of substitutions when he finally chose to do it.

But Gio seems have this absolutely nailed. Brings on the right players at the right times and has paid off so many times.

Well done Gaffer
It will be better, when he brings in total football

Not all substitutions work but I admire Gio's attempts to change things on the field of play (sometimes on multiple occasiions within a game, actually mostly successful).

We are definitely in safe hands.

This is a massive thing, we are very fluid, at times we play with one or 2 CHs then Lundstrum can drop to make it 3 pushing Tav up. We change a lot.

Yeah last 10 mins we were cruising ffs
Not sure what you were watching.

Shots 16-3
On target 7-0
Corners 11-5
Possession 58% - 42%

We were well on top. From about 75 mins onwards Hearts barely got out their own half. McLaughlin didn't have a single save to make all day.

Yeah mate gutted me made it. Spent a fortune to get there, did you go?
Also not vice winners . Just 2nd best. With a big point turn around from Gio came in.

You are allowed to have a poor opinion mate
Naw I couldn't go, in the middle of buying a house, life priorities. Your very negative after an amazing European run and a cup win, a cup we didn't win under Gerrard yet GVB has done first time. GVB has shown he has learnt more in 6 months than Gerrard did in 3.5 years yet your pissing and moaning he never put on an unfit Roofe or an out of favour Itten.

Not sure. Thought he would've been better bringing on Roofe instead of Sands in the Europa League final??
Sands added legs at the back, calmness on the ball, and also played a blinder of a pass to Roofe (who incidentally was clearly nowhere near fit enough to come on any sooner)

I miss the ‘he’s out his depth’ posts.

107 caps for Holland
Ex Barca, Feyenoord and Arsenal
Champions League Winner
World Cup Finalist
Already successful manager
To be fair, other than the last part, the rest means nothing in terms of his ability as a coach or manager.

Have a think about why Roofe who's missed 7 games and has a heavily strapped leg only got on when we were going to penalties the other night, and didn't get on at all today?

Have a good think now.

There's no convincing folk like them. Likely made their mind up and isn't for turning. Sadly not alone on here. Far too many folk double down on utterly bizarre and wrong opinions for the sake of it.

Telling them to look at logic and facts doesn't move them. Just makes their retorts more virulent.

You nailed it earlier in the thread tbf.

Naw I couldn't go, in the middle of buying a house, life priorities. Your very negative after an amazing European run and a cup win, a cup we didn't win under Gerrard yet GVB has done first time. GVB has shown he has learnt more in 6 months than Gerrard did in 3.5 years yet your pissing and moaning he never put on an unfit Roofe or an out of favour Itten.
Yeah I know life is hard boo hoo

Don’t criticise me or my passion for club because I have a few negative things to say. I’m not blinded by a shitey cup.

League is more important and gio lost that. Bookmark this! Hope I’m wrong in a years time but from what i am seen I won’t be

Not sure what you were watching.

Shots 16-3
On target 7-0
Corners 11-5
Possession 58% - 42%

We were well on top. From about 75 mins onwards Hearts barely got out their own half. McLaughlin didn't have a single save to make all day.
Mate we infamous for losing late goals.

Time and time again he’s shown the ability to change the game with substitutions.

Cup final win today with both goals coming from subs.

Didn’t understand bringing Jack & Kamara on today at the time, but we completely dominated in the middle from then on. Brilliant substitutions.

Back