Gio looked every inch a Rangers manager tonight.

Had a real presence about him.

Looked like a man with a plan, and left the players in no doubt what was expected of them.

Above all else, he looked a class act.

He'll do for this bear.

Absolutely mate you could see tactical changes all over the pitch.

1. The full backs were not as high up the pitch so were less exposed

2. Hagi was used as a no10 (he created the first goal) behind Morelos, we have been saying that would be his best position.

3. Knew tav is the weak link in our defence so Patterson replaced hagi to provide him extra cover.

4. Kent was more wide and looks a lot more dangerous

I could go on however it's very impressive given he has had two days!

I saw tactical shifts in the game, we mirrored our play (in a vertical line from the striker to the CB's) in the second half and then flipped it back with more subs.

Completely flummoxed them.

Unlike the last few months where it was a checked out management team coming up with "Do plan A (crossing) better or like-for-like sub"

Very promising start.

Off to a flying start.

0_JS251623966.jpg

Absolutely love him!

Hate to draw comparisons to that lot, but has to be said. Celtic winning against a far superior team, decide to make two attacking subs and chase the game and lose 2 goals.

We are 2 up, make tactical subs, shut up shop and see the game out.

That is the difference.

Last edited:
Hate to draw comparisons to that lot, but has to be said. Celtic winning against a far superior team, decide to make two attacking subs and phase the game and lose 2 goals.

We are 2 up, make tactical subs, shut up shop and see the game out.

That is the difference.
In fairness to yourself mate we will always compare even if we deny it!

It’s a well known fact now that fat Ange only plays one way and some times they will some times they will get pumped, is it a winning formula over the course of a season? Don’t think so

I genuinely dont think we have realised yet how good a manager we have here, only to be bolstered by vos etc in near future. Once this management team are up and running we will be dominating football games again, in the right way.

Seeing the rangers manager make tactical decisions after 20 mins based on opposition tactics/weakness through the players themselves was a breath of fresh air.

Loved the way he handled the press conference after the match.
He said some interesting things and is looking for improvements. He seems to have a clear plan for the team and the way he wants us to play .
I'm looking forward to January and how he will shape the team to suit his tactics

The fact that the improvents both in terms of the management teams behaviour, and the players on pitch performance was so massively evident after only being in charge since Monday, makes me very excited to see where we will be as a unit after he has had proper time to settle in. We should be near enough unstoppable by the time that hills have eyes mutant mob next face us

Back