Gio RTV interview

Hes not wrong in what he says here massive over reaction to this interview however he needs to sort his tactics out sooner rather than later or he won't be here much longer.

We know Celtic play down the wings and try to get 1v1s and we should have had a tactical plan to stop this, it looked as if the players didn’t know what they were doing out of possession and there was no control. Under the previous management we would have had a degree of control and made the opposition play where we wanted them to play.

Celtic could’ve played without a GK and Calum McGregor could’ve played without a mask as we never close close or attempted to lay a glove on him.

Rattling right through him should’ve happened in the first 2mins to see if he was really fit and up for it. The cünt had a walk in the park!

Ryan Jack's reaction is worth a watch.

That’s a Rangers captain right there btw.
We have missed him so badly, the second half showed tonight. And having both him and Davis out injured, for me, has also showed that kamara needs one of them next to him. Jack took the ball and turned forward quicker in the first 5min of that second half more than kamara has all season

We know Celtic play down the wings and try to get 1v1s and we should have had a tactical plan to stop this, it looked as if the players didn’t know what they were doing out of possession and there was no control. Under the previous management we would have had a degree of control and made the opposition play where we wanted them to play.
Our plan seemed to be that Arfield and Diallo would track back and help Tav and Aribo would help Barasic - incredible. We were previously well coached. Those days have gone

Our plan seemed to be that Arfield and Diallo would track back and help Tav and Aribo would help Barasic - incredible. We were previously well coached. Those days have gone
Diallo was running inside to cover Taylor’s run which left Tav 1v1 as one of their midfielders had shifted out so Arfield was picking him up. I’m not a tactical genius, however there must have been a better way to control the situation. It was the exact same on the opposite flank where Barisic was left 1v1 and was constantly backtracking into the penalty box.

Diallo was running inside to cover Taylor’s run which left Tav 1v1 as one of their midfielders had shifted out so Arfield was picking him up. I’m not a tactical genius, however there must have been a better way to control the situation. It was the exact same on the opposite flank where Barisic was left 1v1 and was constantly backtracking into the penalty box.
Outwith the back four we played with one person (Kamara) who has defensive qualities. We knew what they were going to day yet played 5 players whose only strengths are to attack. Pathetic selection/tactics

I'm genuinely lost for words that he said 2nd half was better. It couldn't be any fucking worse

The game was done. Shocking man

Outwith the back four we played with one person (Kamara) who has defensive qualities. We knew what they were going to day yet played 5 players whose only strengths are to attack. Pathetic selection/tactics
Very good point, they say Gio is a pragmatic manager, however a pragmatic manger would have played Aribo on the right wing and brought in another defensive midfielder for control, especially in the first half. Jack should have started.

Interesting that Ryan Jack comes out to speak. I take a small amount of comfort that Jack will take how he feels into our changing room and have a positive influence. Perhaps my anger/disappointment at tonight but I want to hear from some of the players who let the club and supporters down explain what they are going to do about it.

Disagree Aribo n Arfield both very capable of defensive duties mate

2H was miles better but imo that 5 mins in lead up to HT was critical . Back line too close to our own goal for me too many others mentioned that . Not sure why CG didn’t force that line higher ?

That gives you territorial issues and that imo was the primary change in 2H we were up the pitch because RJ completely controlled that half from centre MF . On top of that Bassey pummelled the lhs and Balogun was aggressive and sharp to the ball every time , made easier because there forwards were then isolated from a MF who had to stay goalside of Jack .

Celtic could’ve played without a GK and Calum McGregor could’ve played without a mask as we never close close or attempted to lay a glove on him.

Rattling right through him should’ve happened in the first 2mins to see if he was really fit and up for it. The cünt had a walk in the park!
That annoyed the fuk right outta me. Man with fractured cheek, booked after 20 mins, was able to go 75 mins without anybody testing his mask or resolve. Utterly shameful & ridiculous.

FBS

Very good point, they say Gio is a pragmatic manager, however a pragmatic manger would have played Aribo on the right wing and brought in another defensive midfielder for control, especially in the first half. Jack should have started.
Yes, he said that he could only expect 45 mins from Jack. Well, why not give him the 45 mins when they are throwing everything at us. If he had a proper gameplan it would have been to see out the first half onslaught then have a bit of a go later in the game when they tired.

This is not in hindsight, we all knew what the first 45 mins would be like. If Jack tired in the second have then bring on Sands

Reactions: TPP
Other than jacks comments, bland nonsense. However rtv are never going to ask him the last 4 games has been a tactical disaster what in the world of %^*& are you doing?

Yes, he said that he could only expect 45 mins from Jack. Well, why not give him the 45 mins when they are throwing everything at us. If he had a proper gameplan it would have been to see out the first half onslaught then have a bit of a go later in the game when they tired.

This is not in hindsight, we all knew what the first 45 mins would be like. If Jack tired in the second have then bring on Sands
Those were my thoughts before the match. Take the sting out of it and then play expansive football in the second half when the space was available.

Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That’s about all i took from that interview. Imagine that was all you heard through a team talk. No wonder we start slowly

Ideally aye but as Gio said Jack could only last 45 mins max.
edit: just noted this reply has been mentioned already.

The next 2 games and our levels of performance and organisation in them will tell us a lot about how this season will go for us.

Jack is capturing the mood there. Honesty and none of the bland answers. Much more candid. Nothing positive to take away and frankly embarrassing to try and use the second half as a silver lining when they could have slippers and cigars put by that time.

RJ genuinely looks devastated and they all should. But they’re going to have to man the fck up fast. Sunday is another battle.

Hes not wrong in what he says here massive over reaction to this interview however he needs to sort his tactics out sooner rather than later or he won't be here much longer.
Massive overreaction? We have just been absolutely embarrassed by a total mediocre team and he has caused it. Head out the sand fs

I think we did play better in the 2nd half - the 3 subs had a positive impact on the team. You are correct that at 3 - 0 up they didnt need to press the same though.

The defence wasn't all over the place second half.

Jack made a big improvement in the midfield

Sakala caused them more trouble than Diallo and got into dangerous positions but lacked quality.

But given they dropped all their intensity and the game was done we can't really take too much from it.

Interesting that Ryan Jack comes out to speak. I take a small amount of comfort that Jack will take how he feels into our changing room and have a positive influence. Perhaps my anger/disappointment at tonight but I want to hear from some of the players who let the club and supporters down explain what they are going to do about it.
Exactly, where the hell was our captain!

Massive overreaction? We have just been absolutely embarrassed by a total mediocre team and he has caused it. Head out the sand fs
I said to this interview not in relating to the score of the game or that shocking performance but what did he say in this post match interview that was wrong?

Im well aware how rotten we were i have eyes.

Nah not for me the captain should have been dragged out to explain the shambles he and his players just played,he’s got history with this carry on hiding away in the changing room ..pathetic.

The next 2 games and our levels of performance and organisation in them will tell us a lot about how this season will go for us.
I would always expect us to win these 2 games, mainly because we are at home, albeit not comfortably the way we are playing. Dortmund away then Dundee United away will be fraught affairs though...

I would always expect us to win these 2 games, mainly because we are at home, albeit not comfortably the way we are playing. Dortmund away then Dundee United away will be fraught affairs though...
We didn’t beat Hearts at Ibrox last time and they are in good form.

Back