Gio: Souttar brought injury issue with him from Hearts

Makes me wonder why the medical team never spotted it.
Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and the proverbial dear with no eyes could fucking see it. We are fucking mugs.

You can shove this quote back up my tailpipe hopefully if sicknote ever makes an appearance and turns in a shift.

Jesus Christ.

It’s prodan mark 2. Someone must be held responsible for this shot show.

Joe bloggs and his dog knew Souttar was a walking injury - and yet still we signed him.

I agree. And for the life of me i'm sitting here thinking Souttar. Really?

He is gonna be a sicknote and rifle a wage.

No-one wanted to touch John Brown due to his injuries yet he turned out to be a huge player for us at the time.
Hately had problems as well but we got great service from him too.
Getting Souttar on a free wasn't a huge risk and might still work out long term.
It’s a fair point, who can forget Kuznetzov or Prodan?

Please just go Ross Wilson

It’s frightening he’s brought a injured centre back in to go along with Helander.

Hearts rushed him back for the Cup final iirc
Let’s not forget we signed him in January, yea it was hell of a gamble thinking he’d suddenly be less injury prone upon wearing a blue shirt but not getting him in earlier was a mistake

It was well known about his injury history before we signed him. No one else to blame but ourselves. Medical team obviously knew what the situation was

Anyone on here could’ve told you without a medical that Souttar would never be fit.

Yet, we give him a medical and don’t spot an injury that has kept him out for months?

This was a ridiculous signing and one we all knew would end up like this.

The fact we let Balogun and Katic go makes this signing even more pathetic.

Ross Wilson really is the biggest problem at our club right now.

The bizarre things is that every single person called it with Souttar, that we'll hardly see him play. Taking a punt on players who are shot, Roofe, Helander, Ramsey, Souttar etc was always going to catch up to us. We've gone into this new season and taking a few absolute pastings through having to start the likes of Sands at centre back. It's wild but we get what we deserve sometimes.

I wouldn't be surprised tbh

But that then lends itself to the point I made a few posts ago saying that if Gio has accepted the position with signings foisted upon him and was happy for that - then what's that say about him? why did he accept it? and if so, why's it an issue now?

There's still a collective responsibility here.
Tend to agree.

Without having the direct inside knowledge, I'm pretty sure most folk looking on at the moment would suspect there's a bit of disquiet behind the scenes around transfers, etc.

Been mentioned a good few times now that Gio is all but playing an SG team most weeks, despite having had two transfer windows to build his own team.

Despite the injury aspects, he's clearly opting to leave new signings on the sidelines rather than play them.

Question that matters most to me is whether Gio (and possibly Wilson too) is simply having to work under difficult restrictions that were made clear to him by the board - in which case, suck it up and make it work or step aside and let someone else in.

The other option is the board told him he'd get something more and reneged on that and he didn't get what he was promised. That would be a bigger problem for sure IMHO, but another one where really he should be prepared to stick two fingers up at them and walk away. I suspect the barrier to that is purely not wanting to quit and leave for nothing rather than part ways with a fee.

It's looks unprofessional and bad enough that we signed him with an existing issue knowing his injury history but that aside even then if we knew this when he did sign why the funk did we play him on that park at Livi???

Can we just put an end to considering any signing that you have to add " if we can get/keep fit" when their name comes up. Been stung too many times.

Note to Ross Wilson. A free transfer isn't a bargain if he’s only fit for one game a year. I wonder what paper ”profit” JS is sitting at on the books. Our management are dodgy as hell.

He played about 90% of Hearts games last season, before we signed him. After we signed him, he played about 20% of their games. Tough break for us, but injuries happen in football.

No-one wanted to touch John Brown due to his injuries yet he turned out to be a huge player for us at the time.
Getting Souttar on a free wasn't a huge risk and might still work out long term.
30 years ago.

Since then, when has signing an injury prone player (and there has been a shit load) ever worked for us?

Can’t be many, if any.

I understand people having a go at every man and their dog for this, but a free transfer on a pretty low wage was a risk worth taking.

Fair enough if we paid couple million for him but we didn't.

The bigger concern for me is bringing in Davies and him not kicking a ball.
This is true, and we don't know if he picked up the injury after signing the pre-contract.

But didn't he have a history of injury problems? Feels like we have a squad full of players who do.

Symptomatic with our recruitment team people being paid by the club who cannot make a correct decision time after time

For god sake thia just makes it even worse.
What is with us & injury prone players & also players at the end of their careers.
Youths the way to go & I thought Gio of all people would know that.
To be honest when we revealed he was to be our manager i was chuffed, thinking he'd bring in the best young Dutch players but the rest as they say is history.

Or is it.
Let's hope we can get a result at Tynecastle & that kick starts our season.

W.A.T.P

This decades Andy Webster
Souttar probably isn't a shitebag though

In fairness to IH8, not a pop at you. A financiallt low risk signing which doesn't look like it us going to be the answer.

Player. Undoubtedly

30+ games a season. Naw

Last edited:
John Brown is a far stronger character than Souttar, and signing any injured player is a risk unless he is pay as you play.

This signing was mental as it's a key area and needed upgraded, boy will never be fit enough for us and a half decent medical check would highlight that.

Recurring issue then that he was suffering from while at Hearts it seems.

Bizarre signing then and even more so now.
So Souttar played through pain for the last six months of his contract in order to get a new deal.

We fell for it, gave him a wage rise, paid for his operation and now we are stuck with him.

Bravo.

Souttar probably isn't a shitebag though

In fairness to IH8, not a pop at you. A financiallt low risk signing which doesn't look like it us going to be the answer.

Player. Undoubtedly

30+ games a season. Naw
The signing looks worse with the other injury problems we have. In isolation it makes some sense.

Souttar may well be a decent centre half but why would anyone at the club sanction getting rid of Balogun and Katic when they knew damn well Souttar had long term underlying injury issues.

Our knack of finding players to buy with injuries is fantastic, bringing in Souttar should never have been authorised and whoever did authorise it should be picking up their P45

It's not a huge risk in isolation if he's on relatively low wages.

However, it is a massive risk if your current first choice left centre back is long term injured and your new left centre back has personal issues meaning he also can't play.

Helander
Davies
Souttar

Roughly 60k a week in wages being flushed down the shitter every week.

It's not a huge risk in isolation if he's on relatively low wages.

However, it is a massive risk if your current first choice left centre back is long term injured and your new left centre back has personal issues meaning he also can't play.

Helander
Davies
Souttar

Roughly 60k a week in wages being flushed down the shitter every week.
You can add the fact that instead of deciding to spend our main money on a central midfielder that we badly needed to be able to hold our own in the CL, we spent it on a left back to sit on the bench every week.

Our transfer dealings are scandalous at times

Back