Gio's Got Some Balls

You seem far to positive after a 1-0 win!
Yes I am starting to think that. Better to say we're shit and this one that one and a few other ones are not Rangers class.

But foolishly I found a positive in how a manager took a chance without Leon, Helander, Joe, Kent, Alfie and having to have Roofe, Ryan J and Scotty on the bench. He could have thrown Kemar on from the start and he might have suffered another injury through not being played back in, same with Jack. But he had faith in the 11 he sent out and they delivered, we won, whether 1-0 or 5-0 we still only get 3 points.

Yes I am starting to think that. Better to say we're shit and this one that one and a few other ones are not Rangers class.

But foolishly I found a positive in how a manager took a chance without Leon, Helander, Joe, Kent, Alfie and having to have Roofe, Ryan J and Scotty on the bench. He could have thrown Kemar on from the start and he might have suffered another injury through not being played back in, same with Jack. But he had faith in the 11 he sent out and they delivered, we won, whether 1-0 or 5-0 we still only get 3 points.
I fully agree with you. Your post is a refreshing change. I only took two negative s from tonight's game and both were already set in my mind- Itten and Wright are not good enough.The wonderful positive from the game for me was young Lowry coming in and Sakalas attitude and effort.

We've been so flat in recent games it's becoming a bit of a worry tbh.
The break killed our momentum, it must've been a mental blow to the squad to have to stop when you're performing well.

Although, we are still undefeated through a dip in form and losing key players and now well past half way. 2 wins in the next 2 league games and we're 7 clear with 14 to play and still to hit peak form going into the better weather and Borussia Dortmund to look forward to.

These aren't the be all and end all matches but winning them, or at least beating Ross Co and not losing to that lot, would give us a massive boost.

We were disjointed tonight.

Kamara was doing the work of two midfielders due to Sands impressive ability to disappear in a game.

Really the obvious choice was 1 holding against Livi at home and someone like Arfield more advanced with the young Lowry.

Need to be honest the starting 11 baffled me.

Itten and Wright are not good enough.

Livingston are a very stuffy team to break down.They went to the piggery and got a 0-0 draw.

3pts and move on .Good to see Arfield ,Jack and Roofe get much needed minutes in the legs and another very encouraging performance from young Lowry

Lowry played on the strength of his previous outing
Bacuna is off to Birmingham
Lumdstram is not trusted
Barker and Simpson don’t have a future here

Roofe , Jack , arfield , barasic , balogun and helander are injury prone and cannot play a full season without missing games

Gio was playing his best team minus injuries etc , it will be clear to him and the board that to win this title we cannot rely upon itten and Wright and we cannot keep signing project players .

Serious investment is needed in the first team

I love what Gio is trying to do.
Hes got a very calm demeanour and you get the feeling hes a deep thinker, which is usually the case with such personalities.

High contrast to Gerrard but probably just what Rangers and the players needed at that moment of change.

His pedigree is incredible and while its nervy to watch games like last night youve got to have full faith in someone like GVB.

Think his selection was forced on him last night more than anything. We didn’t have many options. Starting Lowry was a brave call though.

Livingston are a very stuffy team to break down.They went to the piggery and got a 0-0 draw.

3pts and move on .Good to see Arfield ,Jack and Roofe get much needed minutes in the legs and another very encouraging performance from young Lowry
They beat the scum 1-0 and drew 0-0 at the Piggery. It shows their tactics against us are difficult to play against. Good victory.

Lowry played on the strength of his previous outing
Bacuna is off to Birmingham
Lumdstram is not trusted
Barker and Simpson don’t have a future here

Roofe , Jack , arfield , barasic , balogun and helander are injury prone and cannot play a full season without missing games

Gio was playing his best team minus injuries etc , it will be clear to him and the board that to win this title we cannot rely upon itten and Wright and we cannot keep signing project players .

Serious investment is needed in the first team
We don't have the means for serious investment though.

Tonight is a must win game and very high pressure against a team who are hard to beat. He plays Sands and Lowry, Sakala and Itten. I'm not criticising Gerrard but he'd not have done that, yet tonight we have the 3 points, Lowry must be on cloud 9, Sakala is starting to showcase his talents, Sands has had his Scottish Baptism and faired well and Ced the Ted is............well, he's getting a shout.

Couple that with Kemar, Lord Arfield and Jack getting minutes.

Mate if I’d read that about them after that match I’d be saying turd polishing.I watched the game later on and to be honest we were pish poor.

Tonight is a must win game and very high pressure against a team who are hard to beat. He plays Sands and Lowry, Sakala and Itten. I'm not criticising Gerrard but he'd not have done that, yet tonight we have the 3 points, Lowry must be on cloud 9, Sakala is starting to showcase his talents, Sands has had his Scottish Baptism and faired well and Ced the Ted is............well, he's getting a shout.

Lowry deserved a start and re paid the faith that gvb showed in him.

Sakala ran a mock hes really taking the role as a winger in his stride.

Shame for itten and wright but i just cant see either of them being able to take starting positions off the likes of kent and morelos. Wright was horrendous he looked so out of place

Last night looked howling on the TV. Can’t imagine it was ever going to be a silky performance even with a full side to choose from.

Given the starting line up and the final finishing team I am pretty optimistic. The midfield started with 2 players combining under 5 first team starts! At full time we had re introduced experience and ultimately a goal from the substitutes.

Gio has now, in the space of 90 mins, got a stacked midfield and selection headaches!

that’s a fair take. too much hysteria

Judging from some of the posts in this thread this might come as a surprise to some, but, you see, Livingston really didn’t want to be beaten last night.
They we’re set up to stifle the game and frustrate Rangers rather than be part of a toe to toe free flowing match, and.they worked very hard and were pretty good at what they were trying to do.
We weren’t great, obviously we had key players missing, but we stuck to the task and should have scored more than once.

Gio himself said there wasn't any other options for his starting line up particularly with Arfield and Roofe only scheduled for half an hour pitch time at most.

I guess you could say Lundstram instead of Sands at KO but that wouldn't have made much difference.

It was forced upon him and he said so.

It was brave. We cant say we want young players brought in from academy or signed and developed. Then moan when it happens. Lowry has shown he is a better option than Bacuna. That alone was worth it. Sands is clearly the next depth guy. Showing he wants him more than Lundstrom. Sakala has played himself into a starting position.
Gio is defo his own man

I remember being on a bus coming back from Ibrox when I was a wee boy. I was with my Dad and all my uncles going back to the city centre. We had just had a 1-0 win and had not played well. A woman sitting on the bus as we got on said “yer team wisnae any good the day, wur they?” One of my uncles replied “ma team won”. That shut her up. Winning is all that matters.

Team selection was less about courage and more about limited options.

A horrible game which will be quickly forgotten.

Mate if I’d read that about them after that match I’d be saying turd polishing.I watched the game later on and to be honest we were pish poor.
We were and our slow methodical and obvious way that we play the ball out from the back will get us caught out sooner or later,teams are onto it and are just pressing on to our back players,nearly got caught out a couple times last night.

I think we’re all guilty of forgetting how attacking Gio was when he first came in and had the squad to choose from. The 2 holding midfielders will stop when everyone is back.

Really hope we look to bring in someone with similar attributes to Arfield that can grow into that role because he is pivotal to us.

Delighted that Lowry got the 90 minutes as well. Top talent.

We had quite a few players missing or probably not fully fit so Gio's options may have been quite limited. I'm hoping he's going to have more choices available in the rest of our games.
People are moaning about performance no real strike midfield limited players just back from injury liv 10 men behind the
ball good win

Back