Giroud to Chelsea for just £15m

They’ve knocked that offer back and looking for double according to other reports.

Good player in my opinion. Not quite top bracket but great option to have.

Chelsea are absolutely desperate to get someone in with aerial prowess. They’re scampering about looking for anyone with that, is Conte going to start taking the route 1 option every week just bypassing Hazard and co? :D

Arsenal are comfortable selling to Man U Liverpool and Chelsea now?

I could understand them selling players to City but they really should be competing with the rest.

And to think that their fans have at least 18 more months of Wenger.

If they didn't sell Giroud to Chelsea they would not have been able to get the Aubameyang transfer done. Dortmund want Batshuayi and wouldn't sell until they got Giroud. Good deal for Chelsea.

Chelsea are absolutely desperate to get someone in with aerial prowess. They’re scampering about looking for anyone with that, is Conte going to start taking the route 1 option every week just bypassing Hazard and co? :D
Giroud would be a fucking cracking signing (especially at that price) for Chelsea.

There seems to be a lot of speculation about the relationship between Conte and the folk charged with targetting / buying players at the club. The other day Crouch was being mentioned once Andy Caroll was injured again. It's all pretty strange. That said, Giroud would be a good option for them.

Can’t believe Arsenal would sell Giroud to a rival club. He’d do well for Chelsea, he’s a far superior player to some of the other names they’ve been linked with recently.
I’d rather spend £15 m on Giroud than Troy bloody Deeney!

This is why Arsenal are considering selling to Chelsea, & the situation, basically they need Dortmund to get a replacement for Aubameyang before Arsenal can sign him.

David Ornstein
@bbcsport_david

Merry-go-round: Giroud was lined up to replace Aubameyang at Dortmund then got offer from Chelsea & was keen, so Dortmund turned to Batshuayi. But Chelsea baulked at Giroud fee so discussed Batshuayi/Llorente swap with Spurs, which nobody agreed on. Deadlock #AFC #BVB #CFC THFC

Chelsea have been linked with some odd moves this window, but he probably wouldn't be a bad option off the bench or in certain games. As for Arsenal, what a shambles they are.

Abramovic will likely punt Conte at the end of season so can’t see him sanctioning too much of a spend in this window when he’s going to have to bankroll yet another new manager in the summer.

Arsenal have always sold to rivals in the past decade, I've no idea why people are surprised unless you don't take much of an interest in the Premier League.

We have a mexican international whos a big lad they can have for a bargain price of £2m lol

I like Giroud, he's not a top notch player but his goals per minute ratio is superb in the last couple of seasons and his link up play is decent also. Would be an improvement on Batschuayi for Chelsea.

Can’t believe Arsenal would sell Giroud to a rival club.

Where have you been for the last 10-15 years? Arsenal have constantly sold players to rival clubs; Ashley Cole, Adebayor, Nasri, RVP, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanchez etc.

He's not even worth that by EPL standards, vastly overrated

Mental statement IMO. The guy has scored over 100 goals for Arsenal in 5 1/2 seasons (with a ton of sub appearances) and has almost a 1 in 2 record for France scoring 29 goals.

Yes he's 31 but never been a pace man so still a good few years left yet. £15m pretty good value albeit with not much, if any, future re-sale value.

I saw a thread on Tom Cairney last night for around the same money. Now that is ridiculous.

I'm not sure why Arsenal are getting a hard deal here, they've said they would prefer to sell abroad, like they said the same with Sanchez, but the player needs to want to go abroad as well, & it seems both wanted to stay in England, much like Petr Cech did.

Last edited:
Back