Give Bates what he wants in a new contract

Cardoso is like a modern day Karl Svensson - utterly useless and has the heart of a mouse. He’s clearly not been working on his upper body strength much in his time out the team as he’s by far the most physically weak of the centre backs at the club.

Another diddy and a painful reminder of that zoomer Caixinha.

If Bates had put proper challenge in they wouldn’t of scored. He’s not the answer.

Ridiculous.

The danger Rogic has from the edge of the area is glaring and he walked through 2 or 3 men before getting himself in a position to finish his shot. Hardly Bates fault and certainly doesn't pinpoint him as a weakness in our team.

If Bates had put proper challenge in they wouldn’t of scored. He’s not the answer.
We wouldn’t have lost the second goal if that had been bates instead of Cardoso.people have been lambasting bates for his distribution from the back but Cardoso was worse quite frankly

Bates was very close to stopping Rogic's goal to the point he stood on his ankle and had a slight deflection on that ball. The midfield failed to close Rogic down, it wasn't Bates fault for the goal.

For what its worth he deserves a new contract and it showed we missed him when he went off as Cardoso was pretty poor.

As soon as bates went off, the games balance totally shifted. The physical and aerial balance was almost null once he was removed from our defensive line.

They capitalised on this.

Bates is a better option but we seriously need to be purchasing 2 Centre backs with Bates as the reserve! We need 2 Centre backs, a holding midfielder who actually can tackle and we need a manager who when it comes to a game of chess doesn't get done like today!

He’s the best centre back at the club. Maybe that doesn’t say much but he deserves a new
Contract.

We can go with ifs and buts - if we want to win the league then neither of them are the answer.

Bates stays on and we win that game
I agree mate.
It was a huge blow.
We basically had to defend with two centre-backs who haven't played together for months and both lacking first-team action.
Bates is on top of his game and if he stays on we would have defended better.
I doubt that Bates would have allowed either of the second and third had he been in Cardoso's position.

The sending off actually did them a favour, because before that we were exploiting space in their rearguard every time they lost the ball going forward.
Down to ten men they sat in and we couldn't find the space that our pace was previously exploiting.

Credit to them, they found a way to win today.
But I think we have the players at the club who can make a difference such as McCrorie.

I also thought when they went down to ten men, Kenny Miller should have been introduced.

Here's a idea, why don't we go out and buy a couple of centre halfs that know what they're doing. Bates has potential but hes not the answer by a long way.

Aye that’s right,just give Bates what he wants!

Seriously? Is Bates going to be our long term centre half?

I hope not

He’s done ok but I don’t see him as good as everyone on here makes out

Sorry

I agree mate.
It was a huge blow.
We basically had to defend with two centre-backs who haven't played together for months and both lacking first-team action.
Bates is on top of his game and if he stays on we would have defended better.
I doubt that Bates would have allowed either of the second and third had he been in Cardoso's position.

The sending off actually did them a favour, because before that we were exploiting space in their rearguard every time they lost the ball going forward.
Down to ten men they sat in and we couldn't find the space that our pace was previously exploiting.

Credit to them, they found a way to win today.
But I think we have the players at the club who can make a difference such as McCrorie.

I also thought when they went down to ten men, Kenny Miller should have been introduced.
Definitely feel better than this time last year. Think we need a bit more physicality in the team. We're getting closer but still a bit off

Was it Cardoso who got outmuscled for the 2nd? Didn't see it properly, thought Collum had blown up for the foul on Brown

Ridiculous.

The danger Rogic has from the edge of the area is glaring and he walked through 2 or 3 men before getting himself in a position to finish his shot. Hardly Bates fault and certainly doesn't pinpoint him as a weakness in our team.
It’s not ridiculous at all. IMO he was close enough to put a block in. He gets talked up on here all the time but long term he is not the answer. He’s better than cardoso but not the standard we are going to need going forward.

Definitely feel better than this time last year. Think we need a bit more physicality in the team. We're getting closer but still a bit off
McCrorie will be a shoe into the midfield when he is fit again.
He gives us that physical presence takes the pressure off the defence, and can play as well.

Bates going off was the difference in the game. If he’s out long term and we need to go with fucking Alves and cardoso it’s terrifying

Get a deal in front of him that reflects his contribution and first team standing as a centre half at the club.

Then shift the wage draining shite out of the club signed on big transfer fees and big wages last summer. You can bet Cardoso and Herrera are not on 2.5k per week.

Back