Giving Grezda a run of 9-10 games!

I don't expect to see the best of Grezda or Barisic until next season, really. Their moves were the most disrupted by injury for those players coming in with no experience of British football.

I like the look of Grezda, but I do agree with those who say he needs to do more. The theory behind giving players a run of games is sound, but in practice you can't apply it. Grezda will have to take his chances when they come if he wants a run of games.

Sadly, I'm worried that he's the latest in a line of players I want to see do well that don't quite get there. Players like Beasley, Sionko, Pena, Buffel to some extent (more towards the end of his time with us) - I've found myself wanting them to play more and seemingly seeing something in them others don't.

Grezda was signed for 4 years, not 4 months. Plenty of time for him yet.

Is that not down to fitness more than anything else? Middleton had a full pre-season, and Gerrard the other day said Grezda's calf isn't as strong as they want it to be.

Possibly but if he's on the bench then you can only assume he's deemed fit enough to play? If he's carrying an injury then he should be getting treatment and sitting it out until he's 100% fit.

He's been training for months now, he should be up to full speed by now fitness wise. He's a professional athlete.

The manager clearly does though....

Depends on how you look at it.

Grezda isn’t just coming back from a few months out, he’s spent the best part of 9 months injured, so he needs both physical fitness and match fitness. He now looks physically fit, but I wouldn’t say the same for his match sharpness.

I still don’t think there’s any evidence to suggest that Middleton is the better player at present. What’s clear is that he’s the quicker player who’s more up to speed, and I’d suggest that has more to do with Gerrard’s thinking than the overall quality.

I’ve just spent 5 months out with a broken foot and torn ankle ligaments, I’m now “fit” to play again, but it’ll be months before I’m back up to speed and playing at my best.

What are people's genuine solutions if we won't give players time? Do we go out and sign subpar players like Jones because he "knows" Scottish football and played well against us one or two times. What about the Dundee centre half or their goalkeeper since he caught every ball last Sunday.

Grezda not starting is down to some of Gerrard's questionable player selections imo. I thought we had a play yourself out of the team mantra, but in reality some players are allowed way more bad performances than others before that's applied.

Depends on how you look at it.

Grezda isn’t just coming back from a few months out, he’s spent the best part of 9 months injured, so he needs both physical fitness and match fitness. He now looks physically fit, but I wouldn’t say the same for his match sharpness.

I still don’t think there’s any evidence to suggest that Middleton is the better player at present. What’s clear is that he’s the quicker player who’s more up to speed, and I’d suggest that has more to do with Gerrard’s thinking than the overall quality.

I'm sure Grezda started training a couple of weeks before we signed him (August?) and his last game before that was May? So think he was out injured for 3-4 months tops.

As far as I'm aware, he's been training fully for the best part of 4 months now.

How long is it going to take him to get up to speed? It's frustrating because he's shown flashes of a player being in there especially for Albania.

The fact he's been on our bench for months now pretty much though and Middleton has played every week since Kent got injured, it looks on the face of it that Gerrard simply fancies Middleton more at the moment.

Grezda needs the will to go and attack defenders and take them on. Right now he looks a bit timid and afraid to do that. If he can sort that out then he'll be a decent player for us. Perhaps we are too much for him.

Aye ok mate, hes shite, sell him the now along with the rest of the s.hite squad and manager

Fuck sake mate that's a bit of a leap from having a debate about a player.

If you want my thoughts on our players and manager then see my post in the Strangely happy although we're out thread.

I'm sure Grezda started training a couple of weeks before we signed him (August?) and his last game before that was May? So think he was out injured for 3-4 months tops.

As far as I'm aware, he's been training fully for the best part of 4 months now.

How long is it going to take him to get up to speed? It's frustrating because he's shown flashes of a player being in there especially for Albania.

The fact he's been on our bench for months now pretty much though and Middleton has played every week since Kent got injured, it looks on the face of it that Gerrard simply fancies Middleton more at the moment.

I’m sure he had a relapse round about one of the international breaks, but that’s by the by.

It’s a chicken and egg scenario. He’s now physically fit, but he needs games to get match fit, but he’s not being given that opportunity. If he’d had as many opportunities as say Coulibaly or Ejaria, I’d be confident that we’d be seeing a lot more from him now.

You’re right that Gerrard seems to fancy Middleton more. I rate him, but I think he’s been poor recently, so can’t understand why he’s getting a continued opportunity, but Grezda isn’t, as my personal opinion is he’s shown a bit more je ne sais quoi.

What are people's genuine solutions if we won't give players time? Do we go out and sign subpar players like Jones because he "knows" Scottish football and played well against us one or two times. What about the Dundee centre half or their goalkeeper since he caught every ball last Sunday.

Grezda not starting is down to some of Gerrard's questionable player selections imo. I thought we had a play yourself out of the team mantra, but in reality some players are allowed way more bad performances than others before that's applied.

This is the biggest issue for me. We're up against a Celtic squad which has mostly been together for 3 or 4 seasons and been allowed to develop.

They were in a position which hasn't been seen up here in a good while in that they weren't under pressure in terms of winning the league for years. Players like Boyata, Armstrong, Brown, Lustig, McGregor, even Griffiths, all got plenty of criticism from their fans but were ultimately able to learn and get through it as they never had a challenge.

They'd have chased or broken a number of players who are now performing well for them had we been around to put up a challenge.

In many ways, we started again in terms of squad building this season. If we don't give some of the younger guys in our squad a bit of time, we'll be relying on luck or big money to get us where we need to be.

Or that he's maybe not up to speed/100% match fitness due to him arriving injured, meaning no pre-season and then suffering a fitness setback. Or we could just dismiss the guy after a couple of mins on the park. Hmmmmmmmm

Hees been back for agees? Went away and played with his country twice as well. Hes had plenty a training now to be fit. Am only going what av seen and that is not good enuff. Each to there own tho

Why didn't you just phone up Gerrard and tell him he was useless before we signed him, save us the money. Even better why didn't you post this after the Hearts game when he was one of the best players on the park.

How about giving players some time to settle.

Weel see come a few weeks if hes good enuff.

Fuck sake mate that's a bit of a leap from having a debate about a player.

If you want my thoughts on our players and manager then see my post in the Strangely happy although we're out thread.

Nothing against you mate, just constantly reading negative posts about our players. We have a turnaround of over 30 players, had to sign players for almost every position with a limited budget. Most of them young boys and there been written off after a run of poor performances.

If Grezda is still performing at this level in March April then its maybe time to get concerned but after 3 games writing him off is ridiculous, especially when 2 of his starts he played very well

He wasnt even played last night. The gaffer actually went for a central player out wide before playing him. Think that shows ye that hes not good enuff. A hope am wrong but based what av seen both from his starts and subs a cant see him being that good for us. Wouldnt be surprised if hes moved on end of season
Jesus Christ

I've got a gut feeling that he will be a complete waste of money .... he doesn't even look good technically to me ..... i hope to be proved wrong

Nothing against you mate, just constantly reading negative posts about our players. We have a turnaround of over 30 players, had to sign players for almost every position with a limited budget. Most of them young boys and there been written off after a run of poor performances.

If Grezda is still performing at this level in March April then its maybe time to get concerned but after 3 games writing him off is ridiculous, especially when 2 of his starts he played very well

I take your point and respect it.

Genuinely don't know what people have seen of Grezda to think he's going to be a 'player' or a 'star'

I'm not writing him off, just don't think he's going to be a star for us.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katie
Barasic

Jack
Rossiter/McCrorie
Arfield

Candieas/Kent
Grezda/Kent

Morelos

Pick a team, get them on a run of games.

That team could beat the mentally challengeds, but they need a chance to get up and running against the others first.

He wasnt even played last night. The gaffer actually went for a central player out wide before playing him. Think that shows ye that hes not good enuff. A hope am wrong but based what av seen both from his starts and subs a cant see him being that good for us. Wouldnt be surprised if hes moved on end of season

Blocking button coming in handy :Dtoday.

We don't really have many other options.

Lafferty can't play left wing and Middleton is young, inexperienced and going to have his fair share of poor games.

Grezda left, Candeias right.

Hees been back for agees? Went away and played with his country twice as well. Hes had plenty a training now to be fit. Am only going what av seen and that is not good enuff. Each to there own tho

Difference between being fit and match fit though. Had a long injury and should come back and play 90mins as if nothing happened? Only played 45mins in one of those games for his country as needs to be looked after. I'll stick with our medical teams thoughts on how quickly he should be brought back.

Difference between being fit and match fit though. Had a long injury and should come back and play 90mins as if nothing happened? Only played 45mins in one of those games for his country as needs to be looked after. I'll stick with our medical teams thoughts on how quickly he should be brought back.

Nah mate he's garbage, best bring in Gary McKay Stevens o_O:D

Based on 428 minutes played in his Rangers career. Don't you think that's a little stupid?

Theres a reason why hes only had that no? If he was better he would have had more game time. If kent and candies are both fit he wont start yet there both out last night and he still dosnt start? Again am only going with what i have seen and a dont see the game changer winger we need.

A think if he could start a game a month ago he should be able to start 1 now? A dont think its about fitness he dosnt get a game i think its just becos hes not good enough just now. Why was arfiled playing in a wide position b4 and actual winger? Again this is my opionon you obvs rate the boy i dont thats football

Theres a reason why hes only had that no? If he was better he would have had more game time. If kent and candies are both fit he wont start yet there both out last night and he still dosnt start? Again am only going with what i have seen and a dont see the game changer winger we need.

The reason he's only had that is because he missed pre season. Players who miss pre season are months behind team mates who go through pre season fitness wise.

No pre season, coming back from a bad injury, moving to a club with extremeley unrealistic expectations and moving to a physical league which takes time to adapt.

How about you give him a chance before writing him off after 5 games .

The reason he's only had that is because he missed pre season. Players who miss pre season are months behind team mates who go through pre season fitness wise.

No pre season, coming back from a bad injury, moving to a club with extremeley unrealistic expectations and moving to a physical league which takes time to adapt.

How about you give him a chance before writing him off after 5 games .

Gareth macualy never had a pre season. 39 years of age. Had a few weeks out with injury yet hes good to go now? Again you have yours and i have mine. I dont think he will ever come to anything other than a decent sub. If all wingers are fit he dosnt start so am not the only person who thinks this.

Gareth macualy never had a pre season. 39 years of age. Had a few weeks out with injury yet hes good to go now? Again you have yours and i have mine. I dont think he will ever come to anything other than a decent sub. If all wingers are fit he dosnt start so am not the only person who thinks this.

McAuley looks finished. He literally got zero pace, countless time he was turned and left in the dust last night.

Grezda is here on a long term deal, we might not get the best out of him until next season. There's plenty of players all over the world that take time to settle. Look at Luka Modic at Real Madrid, voted one of their wost ever signings in his first season, now just won the balon d'or.

Lucas Moura at Spurs signed for them in January and took until this season to come to grips with the league.

It’s people like you that get other people bans for reacting to this pish when it’s you that should be fucked off the board.

It’s people like you that get other people bans for reacting to this pish when it’s you that should be fucked off the board.

Why for commenting on if a player is good or not? A havnt slagged him or givin any abuse am just saying a dont think hes good enough is that a problem? A dont think it is.

McAuley looks finished. He literally got zero pace, countless time he was turned and left in the dust last night.

Grezda is here on a long term deal, we might not get the best out of him until next season. There's plenty of players all over the world that take time to settle. Look at Luka Modic at Real Madrid, voted one of their wost ever signings in his first season, now just won the balon d'or.

Lucas Moura at Spurs signed for them in January and took until this season to come to grips with the league.

Then good luck to them players. And any1 else who does well. Am just giving what i think about him in what av seen and i dont rate him. And am sure come the following weeks when the big games come along weel see if hes good enuff

A think if he could start a game a month ago he should be able to start 1 now? A dont think its about fitness he dosnt get a game i think its just becos hes not good enough just now. Why was arfiled playing in a wide position b4 and actual winger? Again this is my opionon you obvs rate the boy i dont thats football

The same way Walter Smith used to play players out of position (although Arfield regularly played wide for Burnley) in European away games to keep things tight then try to nick a goal. Seemed to work on our way to Manchester.

Wonder what happened to Kent when he was brought back from injury prob too early. Hmmmm, that's right

national-scots.png

The same way Walter Smith used to play players out of position (although Arfield regularly played wide for Burnley) in European away games to keep things tight then try to nick a goal. Seemed to work on our way to Manchester.

Wonder what happened to Kent when he was brought back from injury prob too early. Hmmmm, that's right

Then why was it not middleton dropped? Why cant grezda a 2 millon player not get a start before him? Am only giving my opionon on what i think

Back