Giving Grezda a run of 9-10 games!

Not wishing to take the thread off topic (as I agree Grezda does need 9-10 games starts)
But I'd also like to see Rossiter get that number of games under his belt

Potentially both of them look to me as if they've got the skill & ability to take us forward - but one way or another it's no happening

If both of them can respond - un-injured & on-form - for a 10 game run - I'd bet they'd be a real 'force'

Meantime - all we're seeing is bits & broken pieces - pretty difficult for players to shine in these circumstances & I'd also argue - almost impossible to judge their worth

Currently battling it out with Middleton to become the new FF whipping boy.
Its more of a Royal Rumble than a one on one...

Tav, Worrall, Flanagan, Jack, Ejaria, Arfield, Grezda, Middleton, Lafferty and Morelos* have all been accused of not being good enough on here in the last week and a half.

*Morelos usually along the lines of 'I'm not denying he has ability, but his petulance and temper make him a liability. Get rid'.

That's actually a 3-5-2 formation. If only shagger wasn't so good, we could have a whipping team.

I don't expect to see the best of Grezda or Barisic until next season, really. Their moves were the most disrupted by injury for those players coming in with no experience of British football.

I like the look of Grezda, but I do agree with those who say he needs to do more. The theory behind giving players a run of games is sound, but in practice you can't apply it. Grezda will have to take his chances when they come if he wants a run of games.

Sadly, I'm worried that he's the latest in a line of players I want to see do well that don't quite get there. Players like Beasley, Sionko, Pena, Buffel to some extent (more towards the end of his time with us) - I've found myself wanting them to play more and seemingly seeing something in them others don't.

Grezda was signed for 4 years, not 4 months. Plenty of time for him yet.
I remember defending Beasley on the old board. Somebody was having a go because he countered, beat the full back then checked back and passed to a midfielder rather than cross the ball. This was evidence he was utter shite and not rangers standard.

I posted a link to the video at the time showing that this was all true, except when he was in a position to cross, our number 9 (Boyd) wasn't even halfway between the halfway line and the box, so there was literally nobody in the box to cross to.

IIRC, I think I was still told that 'he's no good enough end off' (sic).

We’re not going to get every signing right, but after the mess Pedro made of our finances, at £2m Grezda really needs to be a hit for us.

I’d be looking to see him kick on in the second half of the season.

Folk on here need tae have a word with themselves..... He's barely had any minutes and certainly not sustained minutes after returning from a pretty serious injury. Barisic and katic reckoned he was one of the top players in Croatia last year and panucci(who's played with a player or two in his time) is firmly of the belief that he's a level or two above rangers standard!

The argument about Grezda not being match fit or still recovering from injury just doesn't add up. If he was better than the other options then he'd be a starter and subbed at half-time or just into the second half, while he gets his fitness up. The fact is he isn't getting any starts (what has it been, 2?), and the simple explanation must be he just isn't showing it. Kent came straight back in after being out because he's shown himself to be important, Grezda simply hasn't in my opinion. I know some people have said he's looked good, but we certainly need him to offer much, much more than what (at least in my opinion) what he's shown so far. I'm not saying he's a dud, it could take until next season to really assess him, but right now the jury is most definitely out.

In this day & age everybody has an opinion that doesn’t mean that we should listen to that opinion but that’s the way of the world these days. People in the game & I include our manager & all his staff will know how long it takes to get back to full fitness after a lengthy lay off. We were never going to be contenders after 1 transfer window & compete with a team who have been settled for a number of seasons. What we need is patience & a realisation that this is a marathon & not a sprint. If we manage to win a cup this season then we have made real progress & hopefully the tims won’t get anymore CL money & this is absolutely crucial. There funding has to be starved.

Is everyone aware of the fact Gerrard said last week that Grezda had an issue and that his calf muscle isn't quite 100% or just choosing to ignore it because it doesn't fit the 'he's shite' narrative?
Aye, but he's been here forever and done nothing.

I called it before we were even linked with this waster. He's another Prodan and getting kept out the side by an 18 year old (who's shite as well by the way).

Real Rangers wingers play with the muscle rolled up their leg, still beat their man every time and get the cross in. Even if the cross doesn't find the striker it's OK cause every single one ends up in the back of the net.

Anyone accepting anything less has their heads in the sand and are responsible for lowering our standards.

©FF 2018

Is anyone on here old enough to remember Hateley’s first season? He arrived injured from Monaco & struggled to make any sort of impact in his first season. The next season once he’d got a proper pre-season under his belt was a different matter & the rest as they say is history.

A dont beleive that to be the reason a just think hes not good enuff. Each to there own

So you’ve decided that 18 year old Glenn Middleton in his first season as a regular pro footballer isn’t good enough?

At the wind up, surely?

Apparently he’s still carrying an injury. It’s a worrying one considering how much he cost.

Think it was about £8M spent in the summer and, of those players bought, only Goldson has featured regularly. We can’t afford that.

I really can't see how a statement like that could be justified.

He was signed because we needed another option given Murphy's injury. We paid a substantial fee to get him here and bizarrely signed him when he was injured..o_O

We're now half way through the season and he's contributed the square root of hee-haw and is struggling to get a game ahead of a 18 year old in his professional debut season. When we're spending reasonable sums of cash on a player I expect the player to be fit and ready to contribute at the very least. At £2m, if he has anything about him he should be standing out in this league like a sore thumb.

Give him a run and let’s see what he can do.
On the glimpses I’ve seen him,he looks very technical but easily pushed off the ball,he’ll need to strengthen up.

He was signed because we needed another option given Murphy's injury. We paid a substantial fee to get him here and bizarrely signed him when he was injured..o_O

We're now half way through the season and he's contributed the square root of hee-haw and is struggling to get a game ahead of a 18 year old in his professional debut season. When we're spending reasonable sums of cash on a player I expect the player to be fit and ready to contribute at the very least. At £2m, if he has anything about him he should be standing out in this league like a sore thumb.

We need to get past the idea that £2m is "substantial". Might be to us, but in overall footballing terms it's next to nothing.

All of that aside - the very fact we signed him when he wasn't fit should tell us that he was a longer term investment and not someone to be judged after 5 minutes. The scouting team obviously felt he was worth bringing in for the 4 years.

So to say he's a "disaster" when there's 3 and a half years of that to go is reactionary and over the top. If he doesn't work out, so be it. We can't judge how good a signing he is until after his time at the club is past.

It hasn't started smoothly, no argument there. That doesn't mean it won't work out.

He’s 4th choice in our wingers pecking order says it all. Personally he’s no showsd nothing for me. Usually you no a player even with just a handful of games. He dosent track back easily pushed of the ball and just lightweight! But Thts just me and my opinion. If Kent and candieas is fit they start every week for me

The rotation needs to stop now if we want to see the best from our players.

I want to see Katic, Barisic & Grezda playing on the left hand side of our team, they have a good relationship and need to develop their understanding on a pitch.

100% agree Hemdani.

He needs a run of games, he’s just rusty right?

But Barisic, who’s been out for 2-3 months comes in and looks 3 times the player that Grezda is.

Ah, but he’s not had a pre season.... No, he’s unfortunately been simply dreadful.

We need to get past the idea that £2m is "substantial". Might be to us, but in overall footballing terms it's next to nothing.

All of that aside - the very fact we signed him when he wasn't fit should tell us that he was a longer term investment and not someone to be judged after 5 minutes. The scouting team obviously felt he was worth bringing in for the 4 years.

So to say he's a "disaster" when there's 3 and a half years of that to go is reactionary and over the top. If he doesn't work out, so be it. We can't judge how good a signing he is until after his time at the club is past.

It hasn't started smoothly, no argument there. That doesn't mean it won't work out.

I couldn't give a monkeys how long the deal is. A £2m player has to hit the ground running. And yes £2m is a lot of money for us so when we're spending such an outlay I expect the player to be fit and ready to contribute from the get go. Again, we're half way through the season and he's contributed very very little. That is absolutely no use to us, we don't have time to wait years before a player starts to make significant contributions.

In all honesty that’s the most ironic username I’ve ever seen.

I call it like it is.. no blue tinted specs here.

Time to move on from Europe and concentrate on the League. The chopping and changing of the team at times can be excused with a hectic schedule but now we need to look at playing a settled team.

Grezda has shown flashes of what he can do and now needs to have a run of games instead of this playing one game, missing the next.Wingers more than any other position need to be playing each week and are confidence players. Weve paid over £2 million for the boy and hes now fit, so lets see what he can do with a run of games.

Barasic and Katic said he was the best player in the Osijek team so lets see it now. Never going to see it with any player when they are in and out the team, i know he has had injury problems but hes fit now and looking sharper.
Same goes for Rossiter too

I couldn't give a monkeys how long the deal is. A £2m player has to hit the ground running. And yes £2m is a lot of money for us so when we're spending such an outlay I expect the player to be fit and ready to contribute from the get go. Again, we're half way through the season and he's contributed very very little. That is absolutely no use to us, we don't have time to wait years before a player starts to make significant contributions.

I call it like it is.. no blue tinted specs here.
That was me being kind

Lacking confidence but showed some flashes and excellent pace when he gets going. Want to see him start v hibs on Wednesday where he will have a bit more space to exploit and be a threat on the counter attack. Could’ve done with his chance going in in the second half. Would’ve done him the world of good.

I think it's fair to say that spending £3.5m on guys like Barisic and Grezda should see us significantly improve as a team.

It's more money than anyone other than the Beasts have spent on their entire squads so we really should be looking for us to kick on in the second half of the season.

Poor decision making, flattered to deceive today.

1 on 1 with a defender and couldn’t beat him for pace or play someone in.

His pace disappointed me today. As you say got 1 on 1 on a number of occasions, notably against their centre half and turned back inside rather than outrun him. Still hoping he has something more to find.

Has it all to prove. A good few times in key positions. Ball caught between his feet or makes wrong decision. He's defo one the gaffer is talking about when he says we need more

Listen if he plays one bad game he will be completely written off. It's the FF way.

I would give him a run of matches it's what he needs.

As I predicted, he's already been criticised. For what's it's worth, I thought he did ok today but as this thread is titled he needs a run of matches.

I haven't been that impressed when he has been given a chance, I do agree he needs to be given a run of games.

Most players didn’t play well today. Even though he linked with Barašic well for the hour, he looked lost on the right hand side, so I’m willing to give Grezda the benefit of doubt as it was an off day all round.

He's played about seven games and is coming back from a long-term injury. You should change your username to CaptainHyperbole.

Murphy picks up a long term injury, we need another option so we go out and sign a player who is also injured. Makes sense.. :rolleyes:

So bad it is beyond comprehension.

He needs a run of games, he’s just rusty right?

But Barisic, who’s been out for 2-3 months comes in and looks 3 times the player that Grezda is.

Ah, but he’s not had a pre season.... No, he’s unfortunately been simply dreadful.

Dreadful? no. Not as impressive as the croatian international? Yes.

Do you have a go at the rest of the barcelona swuaf cause messi makes them look like mugs?

When hes up against players worth 100k though its quite substantial and not next to nothing. As Gerrard says players are not stepping forward and Grezda falls into that category like the rest of them.

Fact is we created a tonne of chances todat and could/should have been a 4-0 win where we wouls have congratulated a mighty team performance. But cause lafferty cant finish a move we critisise the team that put him in that position?!

Grezda was a good part of a good team performace today. Tracks back, worryies and harrasses defenders, got some skill and pace. Good movement off the ball. Not got his shooting bots on yet i'll admit but not exactly missing sitters. I still gwt excited to see his name on the team sheet so he must be doing something right.

Back