Giving Grezda a run of 9-10 games!

I have watched him over the past few games and I have noticed that when the chance arises Tav hardly ever passes or plays him in. I noticed it a few games ago when he was pointing where he wanted the ball, clearly in and Tav chose another option. noticed it again today when Grezda changed flanks...

Thought he was ok first half, second half he was dreadful

Jury is still out for me but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt not long back from a long term injury

Murphy picks up a long term injury, we need another option so we go out and sign a player who is also injured. Makes sense.. :rolleyes:

So bad it is beyond comprehension.

That's 2 or 3 times I've seen you hitting out with this pish.

Murphy got injured on the 19th August. A few days later we found out he's out for the season.

We signed Grezda on 31st August and he made his debut on 15th September, almost exactly a fortnight later.

You'd think he'd been brought into Ibrox via Air Ambulance in a fucking stookie the way you're going on about it. The guy just needs a run of games to get up to full match sharpness, get to know his team mates and the league.

I have watched him over the past few games and I have noticed that when the chance arises Tav hardly ever passes or plays him in. I noticed it a few games ago when he was pointing where he wanted the ball, clearly in and Tav chose another option. noticed it again today when Grezda changed flanks...

I think that's more to do with Tav to be honest. Not the best footballing brain I've ever seen, to put it politely.

Your right the chopping and changing is mental.

To be top of the league now we should be focussing intensely on this.

I hope SG now plays his strongest 11 each week and should only drop players who are not performing.

Grezda needs as much game time as possible he is ours and since we paid £2m we need faith in him to deliever.

Murphy got injured on the 19th August. A few days later we found out he's out for the season.

We signed Grezda on 31st August and he made his debut on 15th September, almost exactly a fortnight later.

You'd think he'd been brought into Ibrox via Air Ambulance in a fucking stookie the way you're going on about it. The guy just needs a run of games to get up to full match sharpness, get to know his team mates and the league.

It's not pish at all. Dress it up any way you like, we spent a sizable transfer fee on a player who was not ready to contribute because he was either injured or not physically fit because he was coming off a long term injury himself. We're now half way through the season and he's offering nothing. A truly bizarre signing.

Don't see it with Grezda at all. Looks physically weak and on the rare occasion he attempts a shot it is like a pass back to the GK.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but I have to say I’m not seen much so far that makes me think he is going to go on to be a star.

Correct, and with Barasic saying he was the best player in the Croatian league we could well have a right player on our hands

I noticed this too. In fact the one he got in on right hand side Tav ignored the pass and went inside to candieas who then played the ball Tav should have played earlier.

Our goal came from barisic and grezda linking up. I think that’s our strongest left side set up.

It's not pish at all. Dress it up any way you like, we spent a sizable transfer fee on a player who was not ready to contribute because he was either injured or not physically fit because he was coming off a long term injury himself. We're now half way through the season and he's offering nothing. A truly bizarre signing.

Do you take any enjoyment from football? Maybe you do and you post otherwise. However all I ever notice is continual criticism, including myths about loan agreements and repeated hyperbole.

Grezda was signed for 4 years, not 4 months. I doubt we'll see the best of him until next season, though hopefully we'll get a significant contribution after the January break.

Last edited:
I think Grezda is struggling with adapting his game, Scottish football is rapid especially when every team he faces gives it 110% every week. He needs sharpness and to drive the team forward more

One thing I did notice is we had a corner in the first half Candeias was the deepest and he told Grezda to drop a bit deeper (he was about 20+ yards out) but when the corner came in he’d just ignored Candeias and went to edge of the box hoping something would spill for him.

He’s obviously still settling into the team, he looks to have decent pace and I like his willingness to come inside and have a dig. I’m hopefully he’ll have a big part to play for us this season and beyond.

I like him and think he’ll be really good for us.

I think some folk think a wide man isn’t up to the mark unless he goes past defenders like skittles, Laudrup style. He’s the kind of wide man we need in our 433 because he always tries to get in the space between full back and centre back. That’s where you score from starting wide in a 433 and we’ve had far too few goals from the wingers/wide attackers. Candieas is, at long last, chipping in with a few goals but he’s never going to score 20 a season. Grezda might.

It's clear that some people have made up their mind on Grezda, and they'll join the dots in whatever way possible to ensure that their original opinion stands. You just know that if he does come good, the same faces that have now spent months ripping into him, will go silent...until the next player comes along that they can unfairly write off after a handful of matches.

I've seen enough to think he's got something promising about him, that he just needs that game where it all clicks and he'll go from strength to strength.

Give the guy a chance to get a run of games and then youse can all decide I’m sure there are posters on here loving it when he doesn’t make a pass / cross / right decision so they can post how rubbish he has been there are hundreds of examples all over world football where it takes players time to settle to new teams / leagues etc but all we have in here is football manager/fifa experts who are dying to slate and write players off at the first opportunity

When Naismith first joined us people wanted to write him off.

When he returned from injury again people wanted to write him off.

People take time to settle to the demands of playing for Rangers moving locally never mind changing country as well.

Can guarantee that if he scores against the tramps the same people slagging him here will be wanting to suck him off. It's the FF way and it's embarrassing.

Our fans are awful when it comes to supporting players and giving them time to get upto speed.

Back