Glasgow City Council asks SFA to renew Hampdump lease for five years

This would be too sensible but unfortunately it doesn’t pay for the redevelopment of the San Giro.

And this, in my opinion, is the poets ultimate aim. Get Parkhead named as the SFA's headquarters and, obviously, completely upgrade it at the public's expense.

"The council’s plans are unlikely to find favour with the city’s two biggest clubs as Celtic and Rangers are both keen to host future internationals and major cup contests"

No need to drag us into the dirty deeds of scum fc. We all know who wants to take advantage here.

I’ve had plenty of great experiences at Hampden and they were not impacted by the fact the stadium isn’t particularly well designed etc

Football hipster pish IMO. It’s our national stadium, we win things there and that’s that.

Agree with GCC (for which smelling salts may be required)
It could be improved by lowering the pitch and putting in extra seats. There is no need for the expansive track (maybe to allow extra seconds to handle Celtc/HIV’s pitch invasions?) and the atmosphere would be improved by greater proximity of fans to the pitch but again, this doesn’t pay for redevelopment of the phiggery.

Hampden is a terrible stadium for the supporter. Either the stands behind the goals are rebuilt (like Stuttgart did) or give it up.

Make deal that semi finals and finals are played at Ibrox or the piggery. Unless an old firm game - Ask the SRU to accommodate old firm semis and finals at murrayfield, I’m sure they’d be happy to.

Take Scotland games round the country.
So you'd be happy for us to be playing all our non old firm finals at Parkhead for the forseeable future?

And worse, you'd be happy for Celtic to be playing all their non-Rangers finals at Ibrox, and no doubt winning most of them? Laps of honour? Thumbheid with his 15 weans parading round tying scarves to everything that doesn't move? green and white flags & scarves scattered all over the sides of the pitch as they parade the trophy to the hordes sitting in all 4 corners of our stadium?

Seriously? You mental?

Edit: Don't mean that in a bad way, just when I think this through properly it fills me with the boak. You know what I mean?

I think there's a case to be made for the national stadium being in the capital city. I'm prepared to get a list of 100 or so countries that have their national stadium outside of the capital but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I think there's a case to be made for the national stadium being in the capital city. I'm prepared to get a list of 100 or so countries that have their national stadium outside of the capital but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Yeah but Glasgow is a cauldron of football. Edinburgh is .. uhmmm .... a beaker????

Back