Glasgow Evening Times Again - more anti-Rangers hate

And yet they have nothing to write if people can muster the energy to activate a second brain cell and just not sing that song.

And yet they have nothing to write if people can muster the energy to activate a second brain cell and just not sing that song.

Nothing will change till those in charge at Ibrox sort out the songbook WITH the fans. Ive posted similar before and been informed on here by some posters that they dont need to be told what to sing. Well I think some do need to be told.

I find this kind of stuff utterly baffling, a newspaper aimed at a single city seems hell bent in alienating around half its market. weird to be so blinded by hatred that you're happy for your newspaper to head down the drain because of it.

Nothing will change till those in charge at Ibrox sort out the songbook WITH the fans. Ive posted similar before and been informed on here by some posters that they dont need to be told what to sing. Well I think some do need to be told.
We've tried that mate.

I find this kind of stuff utterly baffling, a newspaper aimed at a single city seems hell bent in alienating around half its market. weird to be so blinded by hatred that you're happy for your newspaper to head down the drain because of it.

The problem is, they are not alienating half the city, because some Rangers fans are still buying these rags.

The problem is the exact same song is sung with the change of name and one other word about other managers including ours and nothing is said of it, in fact another Manager got banned from the dugout for reacting to it. I didn't see any outcry from the media then.

They will focus on something else then. They are haters. Haters gotta hate, and there will always be something, anything they can focus their hatred on.

Pure hateful, malevolent bile. I knew this would happen when 'those' songs were sung. Wish some fans would desist as it just gives ammo to the anti Gers propaganda machine.

I'm still waiting to see anybody from the Evening Tims, anybody, tackle the weekly casual use of the sectarian term "h*n", and the weekly IRA and anti protestant sectarianism at the Chamber of Child Horrors

Pure hateful, malevolent bile. I knew this would happen when 'those' songs were sung. Wish some fans would desist as it just gives ammo to the anti Gers propaganda machine.

This kind of thing happens regardless of what songs are sung. Just like other fans sings similar songs, and sometimes far worse, without any mention in the press.

Stop giving the tramp media fuel and opportunity to write their pish and - unless the writer is a blatant liar - this won't happen.

That said - where is the reference to stevie clarke's religion in the cheer up stevie clarke song?

We've tried that mate.

If you're referring to DSM's wee song book then that isnt the way to go. Im talking about Rangers organising a proper fans' get together. The club, SLO, club 1872, UB's, TBO and reps from ALL supporters clubs. Set up a working group to create a proper list of do's and dont's. Get it agreed and get it published. Once that's done self police and stop anyone stepping out of line.

As a matter of interest have you noticed that over time the words of songs change and
The problem is the exact same song is sung with the change of name and one other word about other managers including ours and nothing is said of it, in fact another Manager got banned from the dugout for reacting to it. I didn't see any outcry from the media then.

I agree with you but no one is putting the case for us. We need to do something ourselves.

I love a good sash bash but there are one or two songs we just shouldn't sing. That's why we need to have a strategy that involves the fans and the club.

Back