Glasgow for EL final.

MaxMK

Sorry for yet another “where to go thread” but I can’t find the other. Seville fell through for us. Not too bothered just want to watch the game with other bears though.

Anyone know of any Glasgow based pubs / clubs with space for two on Wednesday. Most places appear to be walk in only now.

Will head to Louden but won’t be there till 3.30 (due to work) so got the fear we won’t get in anywhere.

Sorry for yet another “where to go thread” but I can’t find the other. Seville fell through for us. Not too bothered just want to watch the game with other bears though.

Anyone know of any Glasgow based pubs / clubs with space for two on Wednesday. Most places appear to be walk in only now.

Will head to Louden but won’t be there till 3.30 (due to work) so got the fear we won’t get in anywhere.
Another thread mentioned how Bacchus in Merchant city was taking bookings so I’ve booked a table there earlier today, might be worth a call incase they’ve got some left?

I'm cancelling campus today table for 2 at 6pm

Personally if you are staying in Glasgow and can’t be at the actual game in Seville you’d be as well staying in the house, stock up with refreshments and snacks and watch it on your own tv. Saves a whole load of hassle.

People want to get a bit of atmosphere though especially on this occasion. Doesn’t work for everyone that.

People want to get a bit of atmosphere though especially on this occasion. Doesn’t work for everyone that.
What is “ atmosphere” though? Queuing to get into a rammed pub? Straining to see wall mounted TVs and people getting in your way and bumping into you. £6 a pint and people acting the goat. Crammed trains/busses to get home.

Or - fridge full of beer or Philips perfect draft, slippers on, fresh favourite Rangers top on, and your own big tv. Snacks on demand at your leisure.

Each to their own it has to be said but I know what I would prefer given the choice of the two.maybe showing my age! :))

Try the Louden and if it is full then walk onto the PRW and try the pubs there. You'll get in somewhere at that time.

What is “ atmosphere” though? Queuing to get into a rammed pub? Straining to see wall mounted TVs and people getting in your way and bumping into you. £6 a pint and people acting the goat. Crammed trains/busses to get home.

Or - fridge full of beer or Philips perfect draft, slippers on, fresh favourite Rangers top on, and your own big tv. Snacks on demand at your leisure.

Each to their own it has to be said but I know what I would prefer given the choice of the two.maybe showing my age! :))

Covered in warm sticky lager when Big Lundstrum strokes in the winner and hugging people you don’t know. That’s what it’s all about.

Heading to a nightclub? Why bother? Simply stick your favourite dance music on your Amazon Echo and flick your lights on and off for that authentic strobe light effect....

Booked a table in the merchant last week. They only had a few left so I don’t know how much availability might be left in the city.

We have a table booked for Park bar on PRW, does anyone know if there is a decent amount of TV’s, good atmosphere etc? Probably the only booze I’ve not been into on that street

Personally if you are staying in Glasgow and can’t be at the actual game in Seville you’d be as well staying in the house, stock up with refreshments and snacks and watch it on your own tv. Saves a whole load of hassle.

Could say the same for the ticketless fans in Seville…

Maybe those fans could’ve made a big pan of paella, turned the heating upto 27 degrees and bought a bottle of Sangria from Tesco. It’s just the same, right? :D

Anyone still struggling, Times Square are taking bookings without deposit.

Bit of a shithole mate, unless it's changed in recent years.

Right next door to the hotel housing the alkies and junkies too.

Wouldn't fancy it personally.

Why hang about the toilets looking for dud sweeties when you can lay on a spread on your sideboard with ectos & ket in little nibble bowls, individual sized bottles of GBL and speed filling your gravy boat for the most discerning of consumers - only yourself.
Heading to a nightclub? Why bother? Simply stick your favourite dance music on your Amazon Echo and flick your lights on and off for that authentic strobe light effect.

Bit of a shithole mate, unless it's changed in recent years.

Right next door to the hotel housing the alkies and junkies too.

Wouldn't fancy it personally.
Been in here for a few games in last year or so, absolutely fine tbh. Cheap, food is reasonable for a pub and had plenty of screens available. Didn't have colours on but don't imagine that will be a problem on Wednesday.

We've booked into Campus. Not been to the new one but the old one had plenty of screens and a good buzz about the place during games. Struggled to get a booking everywhere else we tried.

I would have jumped at the chance to go to Seville but unfortunately that's not happening.
I'll be staying at home and watching on TV. Phone off, fresh keg of Hoegaarden in the PD, cider in the fridge and plenty of snacks.

Don't forget an individual party popper to let off in celebration if we win, before switching over to Newsnight.

Boozers will be absolutely jumping on Wednesday, while you're wearing your slippers and tucking into a little Fray Bentos pie :D

And what age are you, 80?

Can anyone advise me. I'm thinking of heading to the Loudon. I haven't been in a while but I know they develop it regularly to make it bigger and better. But I'll be going with my 73 year old Dad. I'm worried that we'll need to go for 4ish to have a chance of getting in...and the hours leading upto the game game itself might be too long for him to stand. Does he have any chance of a seat...also will it be too mental for him? Thanks in advance.

Can anyone advise me. I'm thinking of heading to the Loudon. I haven't been in a while but I know they develop it regularly to make it bigger and better. But I'll be going with my 73 year old Dad. I'm worried that we'll need to go for 4ish to have a chance of getting in...and the hours leading upto the game game itself might be too long for him to stand. Does he have any chance of a seat...also will it be too mental for him? Thanks in advance.
I’d hope someone would have the manners to give him a seat.

Staying at Go Glasgow got tickets for the battle fever doo at 5:30

Hit Glasvegas at 1pm off train, check in then a wander down to Louden for a few to calm the nerves

We've booked into Campus. Not been to the new one but the old one had plenty of screens and a good buzz about the place during games. Struggled to get a booking everywhere else we tried.
I’m across the road, we can meet halfway on the street for a taxi to Ibrox if we win B-)

You could probably make going to Seville sound shite too if you tried! :))
Watching it in the house seems so anti-climatic to me but like you say mate each to their own.

Exactly what I'm doing. Can't be bothered traipsing around the place.

The bell rock is usually decent but were wanting £10 a head just to get in last I heard
Yeah, think you get a drink with that so not too bad.

A few of the other bars in the area are accepting walk ins though; 3 Cheers, KP Louden and Park Bar definitely are.

Yeah, think you get a drink with that so not too bad.

A few of the other bars in the area are accepting walk ins though; 3 Cheers, KP Louden and Park Bar definitely are.
We are park bar on PRW had to book though, does anyone know if there is a decent amount of TV’s etc? Probably the only boozer I haven’t been to on that street

Don't forget an individual party popper to let off in celebration if we win, before switching over to Newsnight.

Boozers will be absolutely jumping on Wednesday, while you're wearing your slippers and tucking into a little Fray Bentos pie :D

Pish, me and the folk I have over will be drinking until the sun comes up!

Back