Glasgow politician to meet with Scottish football bosses over Celtic Boys' Club abuse

Isn’t that what happened with Andrew Gray Derek ?
Might be wrong, but seem to recall that it was a tragic swimming pool accident while on holiday in Australia.Not too sure of the other details as he seems to have survived long enough to give a statement and to express his future wishes to his family.Might be doing the lad an injustice to suggest otherwise.

Might be wrong, but seem to recall that it was a tragic swimming pool accident while on holiday in Australia.Not too sure of the other details as he seems to have survived long enough to give a statement and to express his future wishes to his family.Might be doing the lad an injustice to suggest otherwise.

Thanks DA Man.

...or that one abused child at CBC had been murdered to silence him. Then had his legs and feet set on fire, as a warning to others.

I was going to post about this as well. It's strange that McCafferty was one of the last people to be in contact on the phone with Lawrence Haggart &on the same day the lad is murdered by Beattie!

did Beattie and McCafferty know each other?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/jim-mccaffertys-sordid-past-goes-9406113

Anyone wondering what the interim report of the investigation says/said? Who would fund an investigation for 2 years without some interim report to see whether any further resources were needed. There must be a plan t speak to the victims.

If the information from another thread is correct :

If Celtic have made an offer of compensation that has been deemed derisory and rejected, what are the findings and recommendations of this 2 year secret enquiry ?

Are we to take it that the offer is indeed an admission of guilt and an acceptance of responsibility ?

Funny how Dornan has crawled back under his stone and gone very quiet again

Given he never reported any of the rumours of child abuse to the police when his son played for CBC and CFC

Dornan is a pathetic 19th Century Terrorist Bastard who should be voted out of his cushy MSP job as notfit for purpose

To think there are some on here would condemn you for that last sentence.

They would probably advise you to “box clever” or be careful because “you only give them ammunition” when in actual fact you have successfully just described that wee rodent to a tee......... Here’s for plain speaking.

If the information from another thread is correct :

If Celtic have made an offer of compensation that has been deemed derisory and rejected, what are the findings and recommendations of this 2 year secret enquiry ?

Are we to take it that the offer is indeed an admission of guilt and an acceptance of responsibility ?
First offer in any compensation offer is always minimal, second one won't be much better, final and last offer is always the crucial one. However if the filth are negotiating, that a big step forward for the abused victims.

When the time comes for the footballing sanctions to be applied,I really hope our club are not found wanting..cfc.the sfa and any other organisation who have been complicit in the denial of justice for the innocent lives ruined need to be brought to book,we know how it will be spun. That Scottish football needs to move on and any turmoil will only harm the game. Tough . if it means the wholesale removal of the sfa then so be it.we need to cleanse the game from the mentally challenged corruption and our club must take it upon themselves to be the guardian's of fair play

It is the cover-up that will destroy them, the crime is the worst that can be done to a child, short of murder, the victims/survivors have to bare, the pain and the humiliation on a daily basis, while rich men sit around boardroom tables arguing how little their club has to pay to make them the victims/survivors, go away, we only have to look at the jail time given to the beasts, the lies the deceit and the down right cover-up, from this club is obscene.

It is the cover-up that will destroy them, the crime is the worst that can be done to a child, short of murder, the victims/survivors have to bare, the pain and the humiliation on a daily basis, while rich men sit around boardroom tables arguing how little their club has to pay to make them the victims/survivors, go away, we only have to look at the jail time given to the beasts, the lies the deceit and the down right cover-up, from this club is obscene.
Spot on, disgusting shower of shitebags.

Prof. Tompkins has stepped up to the plate put his head above the parapet now he needs handers from others,The S.F.A.,Police Scotland and more of the barstewards sitting looking the other way in the Scottish parliament .
He is going to require Police protection up until the vermin go to court and for quite some time afterwards , there are some supporters among that lot who would stop at nothing to protect the “ good name of the club “, i hope i am wrong but it’s always better to be vigilant .

I feel the same. I’ve been accused of having this view because it’s Celtic. Only a small minded person would think that. This is criminal what they have done and they have covered it up for half a century. I hope the victims families get justice more than anything else. But that club has to be brought to its knees. And the reason I say that is not only the convicted should be punished. The people who knew also need to be brought before the British justice system. Ex serving members who served in Northern Ireland are being brought in front of the courts. We all know what I’m talking about. Especially ex regiment lads. We done nothing but served our country and the queen. But some bastards can stand outside the piggery promoting the IRA and raise money for their so called combatants and our police are powerless? That hurts not only me but a lot of us who’ve served. Maybe I’m going a bit deep. I apologise for that. But when an English ex para turns round to me and says ffs pal. Look what we done and your country let’s them march the streets then I’ve no answer for him. So I will vote conservative now for that reason Grigo. I’ll probably get hammered for this. Not just us paras. But every serving member that served across the water. Hold your head up high. British justice needs to be served on the poison that is in our society. Call it out as they call it. Fck off out our free society if you don’t like it. Child abuse and promoting IRA.
Ok rant over. I’m going to walk away now ;)
I’m with you on this Zander and I stand with soldier F , Our Government allowed over 500 ira murderers , bombers and snipers to be freed under the Good Friday agreement and yet allow our Paras to be tried in Court accused of murdering an innocent man while the rattle of ira Thompson machine guns could be heard at the time of the incident . Our Vets are being hung out to dry over this which is appalling .

I’m with you on this Zander and I stand with soldier F , Our Government allowed over 500 ira murderers , bombers and snipers to be freed under the Good Friday agreement and yet allow our Paras to be tried in Court accused of murdering an innocent man while the rattle of ira Thompson machine guns could be heard at the time of the incident . Our Vets are being hung out to dry over this which is appalling .
That has always been the case, I am afraid.

When the time comes for the footballing sanctions to be applied,I really hope our club are not found wanting..cfc.the sfa and any other organisation who have been complicit in the denial of justice for the innocent lives ruined need to be brought to book,we know how it will be spun. That Scottish football needs to move on and any turmoil will only harm the game. Tough . if it means the wholesale removal of the sfa then so be it.we need to cleanse the game from the mentally challenged corruption and our club must take it upon themselves to be the guardian's of fair play

Agree with every word of that. At some point, our club is going to have to lead the way in demanding the severest of penalties to be imposed on celtic. I hope Dave King has a strategy timeline for this, presumably kicking in after any compensation has been paid out by the bheasts. Because no matter how they try to spin that out, that is their ultimate admission of guilt to the biggest scandal in British sporting history.

Agree with every word of that. At some point, our club is going to have to lead the way in demanding the severest of penalties to be imposed on celtic. I hope Dave King has a strategy timeline for this, presumably kicking in after any compensation has been paid out by the bheasts. Because no matter how they try to spin that out, that is their ultimate admission of guilt to the biggest scandal in British sporting history.
They fall foul of UEFA rules on the protection of children.

If we can get them kicked out of European football indefinitely or preferably forever that will be a blow that they will find difficult to recover from.

We can’t rely on the SFA for a severe punishment so it must be UEFA.

They fall foul of UEFA rules on the protection of children.

If we can get them kicked out of European football indefinitely or preferably forever that will be a blow that they will find difficult to recover from.

We can’t rely on the SFA for a severe punishment so it must be UEFA.

Mind you Bazoo, some of their fines from UEFA have been shocking, especially with the amount of them, and no sign of the fines increasing as their fans ignore UEFAs authority.
For example what were they fined for that ned that kicked Mbappe ? 20k euros ?

Obviously, footballing sanctions come a distant second to obtaining justice for all of the victims of the abuse and their families. But here's a little bit of background on how the infamous Penn State case was resolved. Notice that, the first thing they did was to ensure that only the best-qualified, independent people were involved in the investigation. ...

Jerry Sandusky - Assistant Coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions football team - sexually abused ten young boys over a period of at least 15 years, from 1994 to 2009. Officials at Penn State purportedly failed to notify law enforcement after learning about some of these incidents. An internal investigation into Penn State's actions - led by Former FBI Director Louis Freeh - was launched.

Freeh announced that the team assisting him in his investigation would include former FBI agents and federal prosecutors. As the Sandusky trial proceeded toward conviction in June 2012, it was announced that Freeh's report would be released to the trustees and the public simultaneously, without being reviewed by the school's general counsel's office.

Three Penn State school officials - School President Graham Spanier, Vice-President Gary Schultz and Athletic Director Tim Curley were charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, failure to report suspected child abuse, and related charges. Shortly after the scandal broke, Spanier resigned. The Penn State Board of Trustees terminated the contracts of Curley and of the longtime head football coach, Joe Paterno.

Shortly after the release of the Freeh Report, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Board gave its' President - Mark Emmert - the power to take corrective and punitive action relative to Penn State, forgoing the NCAA's normal investigative protocol. On July 22, 2012, the NCAA announced that it would impose "corrective and punitive" sanctions against both the Penn State football program and the institution as a whole the next morning.

On July 23, 2012, Emmert announced the following sanctions against Penn State:
* Five years probation.

* A four-year postseason ban.

* Vacating of all wins from 1998 to 2011. A total of 112 wins. This had the effect of stripping the Nittany Lions of their shared Big Ten titles in 2005 and 2008. It also removed 111 wins from Paterno's record, dropping him from first to 12th on the NCAA's all-time wins list.

* A $60 million fine, the proceeds of which were to go toward an endowment for preventing child abuse. According to the NCAA, this was the equivalent of a typical year's gross revenue from the football program.

* Loss of a total of 40 initial scholarships from 2013 to 2017. During the same period, Penn State is limited to 65 total scholarships - only two more than a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) school is allowed.

* Penn State was required to adopt all recommendations for reform delineated in the Freeh report.

* Penn State must enter into an "athletics integrity agreement" with the NCAA and Big Ten, appoint a university-wide athletic compliance officer and compliance council, and accept an NCAA-appointed athletic integrity monitor for the duration of its probation.

Obviously, footballing sanctions come a distant second to obtaining justice for all of the victims of the abuse and their families. But here's a little bit of background on how the infamous Penn State case was resolved. Notice that, the first thing they did was to ensure that only the best-qualified, independent people were involved in the investigation. ...

Jerry Sandusky - Assistant Coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions football team - sexually abused ten young boys over a period of at least 15 years, from 1994 to 2009. Officials at Penn State purportedly failed to notify law enforcement after learning about some of these incidents. An internal investigation into Penn State's actions - led by Former FBI Director Louis Freeh - was launched.

Freeh announced that the team assisting him in his investigation would include former FBI agents and federal prosecutors. As the Sandusky trial proceeded toward conviction in June 2012, it was announced that Freeh's report would be released to the trustees and the public simultaneously, without being reviewed by the school's general counsel's office.

Three Penn State school officials - School President Graham Spanier, Vice-President Gary Schultz and Athletic Director Tim Curley were charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, failure to report suspected child abuse, and related charges. Shortly after the scandal broke, Spanier resigned. The Penn State Board of Trustees terminated the contracts of Curley and of the longtime head football coach, Joe Paterno.

Shortly after the release of the Freeh Report, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Board gave its' President - Mark Emmert - the power to take corrective and punitive action relative to Penn State, forgoing the NCAA's normal investigative protocol. On July 22, 2012, the NCAA announced that it would impose "corrective and punitive" sanctions against both the Penn State football program and the institution as a whole the next morning.

On July 23, 2012, Emmert announced the following sanctions against Penn State:
* Five years probation.

* A four-year postseason ban.

* Vacating of all wins from 1998 to 2011. A total of 112 wins. This had the effect of stripping the Nittany Lions of their shared Big Ten titles in 2005 and 2008. It also removed 111 wins from Paterno's record, dropping him from first to 12th on the NCAA's all-time wins list.

* A $60 million fine, the proceeds of which were to go toward an endowment for preventing child abuse. According to the NCAA, this was the equivalent of a typical year's gross revenue from the football program.

* Loss of a total of 40 initial scholarships from 2013 to 2017. During the same period, Penn State is limited to 65 total scholarships - only two more than a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) school is allowed.

* Penn State was required to adopt all recommendations for reform delineated in the Freeh report.

* Penn State must enter into an "athletics integrity agreement" with the NCAA and Big Ten, appoint a university-wide athletic compliance officer and compliance council, and accept an NCAA-appointed athletic integrity monitor for the duration of its probation.

INDEPENDENT means that basically no Scottish MP/MSP can be involved here. Natsis, Labour or otherwise.

INDEPENDENT means that basically no Scottish MP/MSP can be involved here. Natsis, Labour or otherwise.
That is the best hope the victims and families of the victims have of getting any real justice because there are too many in this Country with some sort of link to that disgusting club that would only see separate entities point of view and don’t want to know about victims and what they suffered :mad: .

PicsArt120306171560170658.jpg

There won,t be an football sanctions. The sfa are up to their necks in this as well.at the end of the day Peter won,t sanction Peter.

That is when Rangers FC must intervene and demand sanctions and also the removal of Lawell from any governing body. If he’s still there.
I agree and will be most disappointed if Dave King does not have a strategy in place to highlight this.It's all well and good for their placemen to cry whataboutery etc, but after what was done to us, it has to have set a precedent.If necessary, I would advocate going to court on that basis alone, especially if they are shown favourable treatment.Never forget,,as well as being sent to the lower regions of Scottish football we also lost in the region of #20 million pounds worth of players and for any business(and that after all is what Rangers are)is a devastating blow.

I agree and will be most disappointed if Dave King does not have a strategy in place to highlight this.It's all well and good for their placemen to cry whataboutery etc, but after what was done to us, it has to have set a precedent.If necessary, I would advocate going to court on that basis alone, especially if they are shown favourable treatment.Never forget,,as well as being sent to the lower regions of Scottish football we also lost in the region of #20 million pounds worth of players and for any business(and that after all is what Rangers are)is a devastating blow.

They will probably say, at their lawyers behest, that there are no actual rules that govern this type of behaviour within Scottish football . But that was also the same with our financial predicament in 2012 and they couldn’t issue sanctions fast enough.

Couldn't agree more. Hammer the bastards. Thing is though, Rangers are probably taking the position that we dont want to make it a Rangers celtic thing, which i dont agree with we should argue and say we are willing to take responsibility and drive for sanctions where other clubs wont / are too scared to. Be a leading light in the force for justice for abuse victims in Scottish Football - if we had smart PR we could and the media would find it hard to fight against that.

Never ever forget how they helped twist the knife. Would love to see us fight fire with fire, they are lower than low and karma will hopefully prevail.

The thing is we won,t.think you also know that as well mate.

It’s a possibility. I sincerely hope King has a strategy here, because if they are not hammered by the football authorities, and we say nothing, rest assured, when this matter is finally done with, their entire mafia is going to come after Rangers in a way we should have gone after them.

Last edited:
The thing is we won,t.think you also know that as well mate.
well if that is indeed the case then our club may as well fold up and go away,if we allow that lot to walk away from this,they will simply see it as our weakness showing again and they will regroup and they will come for us ,and this time they will bury us, our board had better be prepared to go for the mentally challenged throat when the time arises

well if that is indeed the case then our club may as well fold up and go away,if we allow that lot to walk away from this,they will simply see it as our weakness showing again and they will regroup and they will come for us ,and this time they will bury us, our board had better be prepared to go for the mentally challenged throat when the time arises
We won,t get involved in this.i,m pretty sure of that.we all know that Celtic won,t face any punishment from the sfa either.

And we lost years of potential Europe money too DA. Hard to quantify I know but it could easily have been millions.

It’s a possibility. I sincerely hope King has a strategy here, because if they are not hammered by the football authorities, and we say nothing, rest assured, when this matter is finally done with, their entire mafia is going to come after Rangers in a way we should have gone after them.

I have given this some thought and the only way I can see us getting involved is if Celtic try to drag us in by making allegations that it happened at Ibrox too. In that situation we would demand a fully independent enquiry into child abuse in Scottish football while reserving our rights to take civil action against Celtic for libel.

Back