Glasgow's virtual Boyne celebrations on Facebook and Youtube - Friday and Saturday, 3rd and 4th July

mdingwall

Administrator
Well done Mr D interesting to see Brother Si next to you. Pity more did not tune in. I salute your knowledge of our Institution and indeed our Protestant Heritage. You are bang on the mark re professionalism and I for one would happily get involved for free if the powers that be could accept change.

Glasgow's virtual Boyne celebrations on Facebook and Youtube - Friday and Saturday, 2rd and 4th July

Starting 9pm Friday night.

Watched it MD. Impressed with your knowledge of the Orange and must say I agree with your opinion that we need to educate others about the LOL.

Well done Mr D interesting to see Brother Si next to you. Pity more did not tune in. I salute your knowledge of our Institution and indeed our Protestant Heritage. You are bang on the mark re professionalism and I for one would happily get involved for free if the powers that be could accept change.
Needs to change to secure the future of the Orange Bro.

I just watched it a thoroughly enjoyed it. Very informative and interesting. I agree 100% about changing the image of the “caricature”. It has to change.

A bit of a downer at the end when the orange man was getting his suit and collarette ready for the big walk tomorrow. I should have been doing the same but it’s not to be.

I’ll definitely be watching tomorrow.

Watched it,what a tremendous display of our
heritage

Reformers,Covenanters,Union flags,Saltires,armed forces remembrance,tartan,red white and blue,orange and purple,loyalty and possibly most important of all an OPEN bible

it’s all there,what’s not to like

Also didn’t know about the Danish regiment at the Boyne being the only regiment to wear green on the day of the battle

Great stuff,will hopefully be able to get online for the 2pm stream

Watched it,what a tremendous display of our
heritage

Reformers,Covenanters,Union flags,Saltires,armed forces remembrance,tartan,red white and blue,orange and purple,loyalty and possibly most important of all an OPEN bible

it’s all there,what’s not to like

Also didn’t know about the Danish regiment at the Boyne being the only regiment to wear green on the day of the battle

Great stuff,will hopefully be able to get online for the 2pm stream

All regiments wore green springs of leaves or branches or ribbons - green was William's recognition colour in battle - there was no uniformity of dress of regiments in an army in those days so a colour was nominated and worn either in hats or as armbands etc

Great video, it’s great to watch it as you tend to miss a lot of the colour and Pagentry when you are parading yourself. Roll on 2pm for next section.

Great watch will be tuning in at 2. Miss not parading with LOL49 Springburn but will certainly be through next year. Fraternal greetings to all Brothers and Sisters from Patrick Hamilton LOL224 Bathgate

All regiments wore green springs of leaves or branches or ribbons - green was William's recognition colour in battle - there was no uniformity of dress of regiments in an army in those days so a colour was nominated and worn either in hats or as armbands etc
in 1990 our band , POTN, wore sprigs on our uniform at the 12th in Enniskillen.

Did anuyone catch the Orange Order report on The Nine on BBC Scotland TV channel on Thursday night? We had the PUL community dissected by that fair and balanced educated lecturer (allegedly) Jeanette Findlay her bigoted secular bitterness was seeping out of her every pore ,good to know we occupy space in her head but don't pay rent. May be available on catch up?

Next Sunday brothers and sisters get the tunes on, the widow's open and wear your colours red/white/blue with a big hint of orange if you are out and about time to take our streets, community and country back from our oppressors and the SNP . Let us celebrate OUR culture,heritage and rights as the majority faith in this free land.

Well done to all involved was a great advertisement for the Loyal Orders, well informed, well put together and entertaining.

Thank you for allowing me to watch this, today. I particularly enjoyed the speeches for today - 2020.
Note that I have forwarded to a friend in Ohio.
Spread the news.
We are the people.

Just got around to watching.
Very well done,enjoyed.
Ok if I add a splash of colour from a few previous parades ?
3rd July 2009.

7XoD1TQ.jpg

6th July 2013.

yNlh1dT.jpg

1vn8zcC.jpg

Last edited:
Finally caught up and watched both afternoon and evening streams.

Enjoyed it and am grateful that at least one organisation isn’t shy to celebrate our reformed culture

enjoyed the speeches by the brothers and sister,well done to all who contributed

Just caught the 2pm Virtual Parade - great to see gersVids footage used again, alas didn't venture near Under The Bridge material which no doubt would have been contraversial! LOL!!

Back