Glen Hoddle - Pundit Extraordinaire

Coza

Minutes after the draw for the last 16 in December Glenn Hoddle declared it would be an English last four so long as the English teams avoided each other. In a stunning display of hubris he rubbished the chances of any other team versus the ‘best league in the world’.

Man U and Spurs both cantered through. Fair enough.

Arsenal however went life and death with Benfica, Needing an 87th minute winner tonight. The bold Glenn in December instantly dismissed Benfica, primarily based on the fact they came second to Rangers in their group. And then of course Leicester got papped out tonight by Slavia Prague.

Literally one round of fixtures after his bold prediction it’s been shown to be nothing but pure arrogance. Yes one of them or maybe two will go deep and could win it but I would imagine a lot of teams will really fancy their chances against Spurs or Arsenal if they draw them.

Did the Soccer Saturday pundits not laugh at the thought of Rangers having a chance at winning the Europa league or anyone else who wasn't English?
Just shows their small minded thinking of the EPL teams always being better than the rest.

Did the Soccer Saturday pundits not laugh at the thought of Rangers having a chance at winning the Europa league or anyone else who wasn't English?
Just shows their small minded thinking of the EPL teams always being better than the rest.
Yes.

Boydy fought our corner though.
Hopefully we can spring an upset.

Look at the highlights from all their shit games tonight.
Couldn't hold a candle to the skill and fine goals on show at Ibrox tonight!!!

(hope i dont regret that next month - lol)

We have a 30/1 chance of winning it, according to the bookies.

I can recall a home international Wednesday night game at Wembley and the bold Glenn fancies a bit of keepy uppy on the touchline with Richard Gough the closest Scotland player in attendance. King Richard has none of it, pushes Hoddle in the back as if to say ‘who the f**k do you think you are?’ and gives away a free kick.

Class.

When Sir Glen said four English teams he obviously meant four British teams being United, Spurs, the Gunners and the Famous.

Surely he didn’t include the tranny’s eleven?;)

Bit of arrogance by that fanny presenting the Manchester United game there.

Saying that Spurs and Arsenal will be looking at the rest of teams thinking that they will win it.

A friend of mine is an arsenal fan and he might have tinted specs on but he says they battered benfica over the 2 games.

Fact is bring it on. Let's go.

Said before he sees everything through Engerlund glasses.
If Harrogate Town were playing the Brazil WC 1970 team he would still tip the English team to sneak it.
Superb player-shit pundit.

Shouldn’t be on tv after his shocking comments about disabled people.

He is also a terrible terrible commentator. Doesn’t do any research and hardly knows players names. Next time he is on keep an ear out for it, he will say things like ‘the number 7’ or ‘ good cross by the winger’ there.

That insufferable fucking twat McManaman was commentating on the Leicester game tonight and sounded absolutely mystified that they were somehow losing to Slavia Prague who got to the quarters 2 years ago knocking out Sevilla and took points off Barca and Inter in the Champions League last season. You'd genuinely have thought they were getting beaten by Boreham Wood or something.

The arrogance of English football pundits is astounding.

They will never change down south.... that's their downfall really.
I've said previously that they probably couldn't name the teams Rangers have beat in the Europa this season without googling, and have probably not bothered watching any of the games.
If we turn up and produce the displays that have got us this far, they are in for a big shock.
Confidence is high... huge, huge plus added to performances.
Time to make them eat their words..... again.

Minutes after the draw for the last 16 in December Glenn Hoddle declared it would be an English last four so long as the English teams avoided each other. In a stunning display of hubris he rubbished the chances of any other team versus the ‘best league in the world’.

Man U and Spurs both cantered through. Fair enough.

Arsenal however went life and death with Benfica, Needing an 87th minute winner tonight. The bold Glenn in December instantly dismissed Benfica, primarily based on the fact they came second to Rangers in their group. And then of course Leicester got papped out tonight by Slavia Prague.

Literally one round of fixtures after his bold prediction it’s been shown to be nothing but pure arrogance. Yes one of them or maybe two will go deep and could win it but I would imagine a lot of teams will really fancy their chances against Spurs or Arsenal if they draw them.
It's called English arrogance mate.

Just saw that, what a bellend

Mind you, he didn't think it was a foul when Man U scored either, just goes to show his opinion is as valued as that of the weird guy down the pub that pishes himself and talks about Bill Gates microchipping us all :D

A wonderful player was Hoddle,
Who found football a bit of a dawdle,
Then he picked up a mic,
And say what you like,
But his patter's absolute twaddle

Aye ok I'm leavin....

Never forget the night he held an imaginary microphone

Bpjri8BIcAA74be

The commentators in the Leicester game sounded absolutely stunned that someone had the audacity to beat them.

Time and time again their arrogance staggers me.

Before the offside LCF Hoddle said Celtic will have to much for Rangers today their my team they won the European cup in 68. Really.
Tosser.

Back