Glen Kamara blind passing

Since he signed for us he's been guilty of giving the ball away in really dangerous areas. In fact I'm sure he cost us the game against Aberdeen at Ibrox last season with a loose pass.

A serious flaw in his game is lack of awareness at times , a few times switching off and passing blind could have cost us massively
He misplaced a few passes and gave possession away in crucial areas last night - he wasn’t brilliant but he wasn’t as terrible as some are saying. It wasn’t his best performance. Assume Jack is back for Thursday - he will make a huge difference - I expect Kamara to still play. We will still need someone who can retain and recycle the ball, he just needs to do it better than last night. He’s got the big performances in him but agree he’s been a bit off-key of late.

Him and Kent are young players who are going through a dip in form and for me could do with a spell on the bench for their own good.

Can't believe he didn't get hooked at half time. He was horrendous.

Always more likely to cost us a goal than create us one unfortunately.

A serious flaw in his game is lack of awareness at times , a few times switching off and passing blind could have cost us massively
Kamara was so off form ,disconnected and lacked midfield communication he was a liability last night

His biggest fault is trying to play his way out of trouble or dithering with the ball at his feet.

It needs to be sorted.

Neil McCann was talking about him last week saying that Kamara has everything but needs to show more belief. It was actually during the Hamilton game when Kamara showed excellent speed in recovering a break away and the commentator said he didn't realise he was so fast.
At times he wants to keep the ball too much in dangerous positions, which is admirable when it works but can cause problems when it doesn't.
A good player who is still learning the game though.

His reactions are too slow when the ball comes to him. It's not the first game we've seen him really struggle against a team playing a high press, it's a side of his game he really needs to work on.

I wouldn't even say it's down to confidence or form, he was playing brilliantly around the time we got beat 2-0 by them at Ibrox and he was absolutely awful in that game as well at dealing with them pressing him quickly every time.

We are lucky Jack is back for the next leg. Kamara was well off it last night!

Was it 1 month ago we had people on here saying we should knock back £8million offers for him?

He's a decent player and sometimes very good. But other times very poor. This season has been more poor than good. And last night was a real horrorshow from him.

He was dreadful last night.

Thing is, we usually judge people by performances against our local hammerthrowers. Even then, it has to be said, quite a few of our players take too long: a la "get the ball under control, look for a pass, make two steps and then play that pass". Has been a problem for quite some time, as it allows the opposition to take up positions and block passes. Only a few seem to have their radar on and look for options BEFORE getting the ball and play a quick pass when the ball actually arrives. And usually, some of the supposed recipients are not on the same wavelengths. Not as bad as it was a few years back, but still too slow at times. Hence we have the problem in breaking through the brickwall sides.

Braga are on a different level, as we saw throughout the evening.

Wouldn`t exactly point at Kamara here, quite a few were still off pace or uneasy in this environment - both opposition and crowd. It is not that they are cold-thinking ice blocks when running about in our colours.

Victims oh his own success when he was in form. It’s having the ability to play every game for Rangers and succeed that’s the question. Time will tell.

Not for the first time either,did the same at Hearts ,he definitely owes Greegs a pint for bailing him out. Delighted the gaffer made the changes he did and early enough to get back into it as well.

Has been poor since the winter break and tonight he gave the ball away far too much, looks to be low on confidence and unable to handle the pressure at the moment.

Personally im amazed that some people on FF thought he was worth 10-15 million a few months ago..if someone offered me 4 or 5 id have bit their arm off for it! I think the board would have as well

He is better than that. Much better in fact.

However, when he is playing like that and it isn't a one off by any stretch, then he is practically the opposition's best player.

He’s a cracking player. Like a lot of people have said, he’s lost his confidence.
I think the game passed him by a lot of the time, and the occasion might have got to him too.

the wee man will come good, he just needs to be calm and the mojo will come back.
our midfield lost its way a bit last night, Davis was off the boil, arfield was tremendous though. It did show that we missed Ryan Jack badly thought, and maybe kamara missed that leadership and direction hence the reason why his head was all over the place.

Kamara wants to do a little shimmy every time he receives the ball and allows the opposition time to close him down. When he doesn’t do his shimmy and tries to play the ball quickly more often then not the pass is misplaced or underhit. How many times does Kent need to beat his man before releasing the ball. He is trying to do too much. He is at his best when he beats the guy and goes to the bye-line for his cross or cutback or shot.

Look its obviously a confidence bug that's stinking the place out. We know all the players on their day are decent and have shown what they're capabilities are. It wasn't that long ago we were shouting for millions should any club come in for him. We always look for a sole victim when things are going wrong. We got Glen for that price as he has flaws in his game, it's ultimately down to the management to iron them out and I'm quite confident we can do it. NS

I thought Davis was just as poor as kamara in the first half, with his short passes it looks like he underhits them

Bar a handful of games he has looked every inch the Dundee player.

Never quite got the love in with him if I am honest, Cost us last season in games, notably Aberdeen, this season against Hearts, a criminal backpass last night nearly cost us again.

The odd game, he looks assured and very good, but the majority since he came here he has looked out of place, gives the ball away, too slow on the all, head goes down.

He shouldn't be near the team for the foreseeable, as we simply can't afford someone who gives the ball away in the positions he does and who has cost us goals in the past, he can't be trusted.

I think he is a different player with Jack beside him. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights last night. No confidence. Looked like he knew how bad last night had been when the camera caught him on the bench after he was subbed.

His confidence is shot to bits. Even when he passed the ball to a Rangers man, if it went backwards or sideways the crowd had a go. You could see how badly it was affecting him.

He is the type of player that on a going day it will all look effortless and easy for him - a stroll in the park, on a bad day it's like somebody popped a grenade down his shorts.

Sadly we are seeing too many of these bad days now and it's pretty clear he is being targeted by opponents as somebody who will cough up possession if you put him under pressure.

Strange one as he was excellent pre Christmas.

He seems to go through some lengthy bad patches so let's hope the gaffer can help sort him out.

He has had really good games for us and we only payed 50k for him so I'm gonna cut him a bit of slack, nevertheless I would give him a spell on the bench. I've not been through the thread yet but no doubt Docherty has been mentioned!!

Said a week ago that I had massive doubts about him against Braga.

He takes far too long at times and struggles to snap out of it when he’s playing badly.

He struggles against teams who press constantly.

He had an extremely poor game last night. Just looked sluggish, no concentration, very negative in his play as well. I would've subbed him after 20 mins last night

Tonight wasn't a one off. All season long there have been far too many games like tonight.

Slow, ponderous, switching off completely, hospital balls, not looking at what he's doing. He's capable of so much more but he's playing like he's half zonked on mogadon.

I think he's ended his Rangers career long term tonight. Or at the very least put doubts in SG's mind going forward. First decent offer in the summer and I think we're taking it and looking elsewhere.
I’d be surprised if that’s true. Gerrard is a big fan of his. He’s had sone excellent games this season also.

I like Glen Kamara and I rate him.
However, he is not perfect and as someone already pointed out, he can be caught dwelling on the ball when he is pressed.
There are parts of his game which he certainly has to work on, however, when he is on his game he is a huge asset.
I think his lack of recent game time left him a bit short for the sort of high press that Braga put into the match from the first whistle.

Strange one as he was excellent pre Christmas.

He seems to go through some lengthy bad patches so let's hope the gaffer can help sort him out.

He wasn't though.

He had a brilliant Game at Parkhead, but at no point this season has Kamara been excellent, he has been excellent in patches of games, 15 mins here or there, but he has on the whole been shaky and he gives the ball away in the stupidest of areas, not once or twice but continually and it costs us vital goals and sometimes points.

Seems very much like a confidence player. You could almost see his head drop after the crowd got on his back after misplacing a pass. He too often has these games where he's caught in possession or where his passing is terrible.

Astonished he was still on after the break. It’s fine margins but had they scored from Kamara’s poor header and we’d lost, both Kamara and SG would be getting it tight in here today

He just far too causual at times and against teams that are up for a fight and the high press he gets caught very often. Kamara is one of those players where you can tell if he is going to struggle within the 1st ten minutes of a game as he never seems to recover from early mistakes.

He just far too causual at times and against teams that are up for a fight and the high press he gets caught very often. Kamara is one of those players where you can tell if he is going to struggle within the 1st ten minutes of a game as he never seems to recover from early mistakes.

Agree Topps.

That mental fragility he has he needs to sort as it’ll stop him ever being a top player.

I get why he is pinpointed as he was particularly poor last night.

But the confidence issue is across the whole team. Several players hitting passes short, shanking crosses and giving the ball away needlessly.

Kent looks a player that needs something to happen. A fair few players in the same boat.

In Kamaras defence, it was noticeable because he didn't go hiding. Kept showing for the ball and making himself available. He needs the manager to manage him out the form he is in.

Gerrard obviously gave him the start of second half, but his first slack pass a couple of minutes into 2H saw the signal to the bench for the change.

There was a distinct cheer when his number was held up for a substitution.

Back