Glen Kamara dismisses Rangers exit rumours as he breaks silence on Leeds link

BlueMeanie

The midfielder has impressed for Rangers and has been heavily linked with a move down south.

Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara insists he is ignoring rumours linking him with a move away from Ibrox.
The Finland international only moved to Rangers last January but his form has earned him admiring glances from England.
Leeds United are the latest team to be linked with a move while Brighton are also reportedly interested.
A fee worth up to £10million is being suggested for Kamara - who cost Rangers just £50k when he moved from Dundee.
But the 23-year-old isn't interested in listening to the speculation and told YLE in his homeland: "You know what, I’m a Rangers player until told otherwise, I have no relevance to anything else so I’m focused on Rangers and Finland at the moment.

"Going up to Scotland’s been good for me, for my career. You have everything there, nutrition, the coaches, you’ve got your team-mates, better players who make you better yourself, so it’s been great."

Finland could qualify for Euro 2020 with a win over Liechenstein and Kamara admitted the nerves he used to get have disappeared.
He added: "When I was younger yeah but not any more. I wouldn’t say I’m an old veteran but I kind of got used to it. I feel fine, I’m just excited for the game as usual. I feel like we can just go out there and do what we can do, and do our best, and hopefully we can go and get a result.
"I’ve got a few childhood friends coming to see the game tomorrow who I haven’t seen in years upon years, so that’s going to be exciting.
"Everyone’s been really good, supportive, messaging me and that."

A vital cog in our team currently . I scratch my head when people say “ ah it’s only Kamara we can let him go “ .

Every player has a price. If the manager thinks he can replace him with the same quality for less than we might sell Kamara, then that's how we need to operate.

Kamara will be gone if we get offers anywhere near £10m

He's good but not irreplaceable and that money from 50k is good business

But it's good to know he's only focusing on rangers ATM - as he should be doing.
Can any bear tell us of his connection to Finland, it is the most protestant country on earth(around 90%) so he should feel at home. I thought he was a Londoner

A vital cog in our team currently . I scratch my head when people say “ ah it’s only Kamara we can let him go “ .
Wouldn't say he's a vital cog - if he was he would be starting every match and he doesn't.

He's very good and it shows against better teams in Europe but he's not irreplaceable and for £10m I think we could replace him with a suitable option and have money left over

But it's good to know he's only focusing on rangers ATM - as he should be doing.
I agree, he is a good player, and is playing well after a slightly slow start to the season but every player has his price and if we get between 8 and 10 million then I reckon it will be accepted. We have good cover in his position and we have a rather large hole in our budget to fill as well.

We bought him for 50k. If, and I know it’s a big if, we get offered £10,000,000 for him we simply have to take it.

I hope he belts in a hat-trick tonight.

Wouldn't say he's a vital cog - if he was he would be starting every match and he doesn't.

He's very good and it shows against better teams in Europe but he's not irreplaceable and for £10m I think we could replace him with a suitable option and have money left over

I wonder who would have played instead of him against Porto home and away if we didn’t have him . Docherty ? King ?

For me Kamara is a vital cog . Clearly has a price like all players but this “ ach it’s only Kamara hardly Alfredo we will cover it “ attitude baffles me .

I agree, he is a good player, and is playing well after a slightly slow start to the season but every player has his price and if we get between 8 and 10 million then I reckon it will be accepted. We have good cover in his position and we have a rather large hole in our budget to fill as well.
Yup, I think the slow start was because we were playing bad teams that mostly sit in. He shines against better and bigger opponents like we're now facing In Europe

That's even more reason for him to move on, because in the prem league he will be consistently playing against good teams. A good sell on fee would do wonders for us on him.

Great admirer of GK and would be sad to see him go as I'm sure there''s much more to come from him. That said, if his departure let us resist bids for Alfie I'd feel that was compensation for losing him. We need to trust the management team to do what's best for our future development.

He's been a great player in his short time with us. Realistically at some point in the near future we will start selling first team players if the right offer comes in. If we got £10m i think he will go. You would like to think if Stevie G was given half that amount, or even £3-4m to replace him we could get a quality replacement.

Hopefully he doesn't go in January, but he might for that money. As long as Alfie doesn't leave in January, at any price, we should be OK, he's the one we have no chance of replacing in January.

Nobody leaves till the summer. We are trying to win a league.

Unless manager OKs it
Exactly, we sold Hutton when we was the best performing player in our squad - this was supposedly too good an offer to ignore and ultimately we lost the league albeit it was a cluster %^*& of a season in the end. Want to win things? Don't sell your better players in January, end of!

He goes once 55 is achieved. That should be the case for all our good players. The sooner we achieve that, i.e. the season, the sooner we get a decent transfer fee for a proven winner and the potential of CL money. His reward is the adoration of the support and the chance to witness a total melt down on the other side, something we are all going to enjoy for the rest of our lives.

He goes once 55 is achieved. That should be the case for all our good players. The sooner we achieve that, i.e. the season, the sooner we get a decent transfer fee for a proven winner and the potential of CL money. His reward is the adoration of the support and the chance to witness a total melt down on the other side, something we are all going to enjoy for the rest of our lives.
The season after 55 he gets to play CL football, you will have to be more convincing as to why any of our good players move on at that point?

Kamara seems a nice guy as well as being a good footballer, definitely one of my favourites in our squad. I would far, far rather keep him until the summer but if he was to go for c. £10m I would be OK with that.

Nice to have a squad full of players worthy of the shirt for the first time in years.

Exactly, we sold Hutton when we was the best performing player in our squad - this was supposedly too good an offer to ignore and ultimately we lost the league albeit it was a cluster %^*& of a season in the end. Want to win things? Don't sell your better players in January, end of!
Totally agree

sell in the summer

we have a league to win

we need him it’s that simple

We bought him for 50k. If, and I know it’s a big if, we get offered £10,000,000 for him we simply have to take it.

I hope he belts in a hat-trick tonight.

wonder what sell on clause is in his contract for Dundee...they could also make a few quid if its 20%

He's been a great player in his short time with us. Realistically at some point in the near future we will start selling first team players if the right offer comes in. If we got £10m i think he will go. You would like to think if Stevie G was given half that amount, or even £3-4m to replace him we could get a quality replacement.

Hopefully he doesn't go in January, but he might for that money. As long as Alfie doesn't leave in January, at any price, we should be OK, he's the one we have no chance of replacing in January.

Lula Ivanusec 20yo scored the winner for Dinamo Zagreb last week in the CL. He was bought in the last year for 2.75m.

The bargains are there as you say.

Gerrard will have seeked assurance from King that certain players will not be sold in January no matter the cost, doubt Kamara is one of them.
£6-10m and he would be sold.

Glen Kamara is arguably our 4th best midfielder out of the 4 that regularly play. The term selling your better players wouldn't fit him. He's not Tavernier, he's not Jack, Kent or even Morelos. He's a good player that can be replaced by someone already at the club

In the grand scheme of things he has only really come into form in the last 2 or 3 games - before that he was nowhere near being the player of last year nevermind a £10 million rated one.

If we get a decent offer he will be for the off - that is an absolute no-brainer.

We'll get more for him in the summer
Debatable and depends on what the potential fee we're talking about getting for him in the winter would be. Theres also the matter of money, you think the board want another 8 figure loss for this season? If we can get a Ryan Kent or maybe even more fee for a good but not crucial player in the squad that would help massively with the finances

55 and a chance to play in the Chmpions League or turn out for Leeds? I think I would take my chance and wait another season before deciding anything.

Debatable and depends on what the potential fee we're talking about getting for him in the winter would be. Theres also the matter of money, you think the board want another 8 figure loss for this season? If we can get a Ryan Kent or maybe even more fee for a good but not crucial player in the squad that would help massively with the finances

If it was up to me I wouldn't sell till summer. Then only if Gerrard wanted to sell. The teams that want him in January will still want him in the summer. If they don't then I'm sure there will be other teams interested.

The midfielder has impressed for Rangers and has been heavily linked with a move down south.

Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara insists he is ignoring rumours linking him with a move away from Ibrox.
The Finland international only moved to Rangers last January but his form has earned him admiring glances from England.
Leeds United are the latest team to be linked with a move while Brighton are also reportedly interested.
A fee worth up to £10million is being suggested for Kamara - who cost Rangers just £50k when he moved from Dundee.
But the 23-year-old isn't interested in listening to the speculation and told YLE in his homeland: "You know what, I’m a Rangers player until told otherwise, I have no relevance to anything else so I’m focused on Rangers and Finland at the moment.

"Going up to Scotland’s been good for me, for my career. You have everything there, nutrition, the coaches, you’ve got your team-mates, better players who make you better yourself, so it’s been great."

Finland could qualify for Euro 2020 with a win over Liechenstein and Kamara admitted the nerves he used to get have disappeared.
He added: "When I was younger yeah but not any more. I wouldn’t say I’m an old veteran but I kind of got used to it. I feel fine, I’m just excited for the game as usual. I feel like we can just go out there and do what we can do, and do our best, and hopefully we can go and get a result.
"I’ve got a few childhood friends coming to see the game tomorrow who I haven’t seen in years upon years, so that’s going to be exciting.
"Everyone’s been really good, supportive, messaging me and that."
With Finland set to qualify for Euro 2020 tonight, I think we will hold on to him in January - with the mindset of his performances in Euro could boost his value come summer? Thoughts ?

In the grand scheme of things he has only really come into form in the last 2 or 3 games - before that he was nowhere near being the player of last year nevermind a £10 million rated one.

If we get a decent offer he will be for the off - that is an absolute no-brainer.

See this no brainer of which you speak, come February and we lose a couple of games , midfield struggling without the balance provided by Kamara , and this place will be going tonto about his sale .

I just want us doing well and Kamara is to me a major part of that and the future . Keep our best players .

Back