Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

I'm not sure we've got £5M+ up our sleeves to purchase a decent quality CM that we're crying out for. If we could get £10M for wee Glen I'd take it right now, try to replace with the type of player we're crying out for and possibly still have a couple of million in our back pocket.

There is the temptation to wait until after the Euros and hopefully get a really good fee. I would ideally want more at this stage, perhaps £12m plus, especially if Dundee are due a cut.

If £10 million is true then I feel we should sell. Great player for what we paid for him, however if there’s one position we are overloaded with similar type of players it’s centre mid.

He’s nowhere near consistent enough for us to be demanding more than £10m. That would be a great bit of business, remember this is a player who for all his good performances, drops us in it far too often with nonchalant approach to taking chances in the wrong half of the pitch.

Because sometimes clubs value players incorrectly or differently. Morelos cost less than Herrera a couple of summers ago, it's not an exact science. Much also depends on a players contract situation. A player going into his last year may be sold for £5million when if he were under contract for 3 years would be worth 10.

I get all that, it's the assumption that we'll automatically improve the squad because we've sold a guy who cost £50k and we can now buy two at £5 million.

They seem to forget that the price tag doesn't equate to success and that we'd be selling a guy who is valued more than the guys we're replacing him with.

Would reject £10m for sure. Very good player. Shouldn’t play every week but certain games he is extremely important.

If there's £10mil on the table from and English club, then I think it's a no brainer. Although he's not the type of player that I see us making a fortune from on a sell on clause.

It almost forces us into a move for someone more creative (which I still believe we are in desperate need of)

He’s the one I thought before the Morelos saga the other week that was most as risk of being sold with the potential numbers being handed about.

He’s a top player and that kind of number is about right, all things considered it’s great business all round for everyone involved.

Why would Hollicom plant a positive transfer story about Kamara to deflect from the Bolingoli issue lol sound like one of they maniacs mate lol
Can't say l have ever been too impressed by Kanara gives the ball away too easily for me and alleged reports of ragdolled Annie Ajer being £50M won't believe everything that l read and the use of the word sources as in sources have indicated to 90 mins as we have seen recently the club keep stuff in house re transfers if it happens take the cash with thanks and good luck to him but we shall see. Again just my personal perspective.

Always liked Kamara, Davis not getting any younger.

take the 10M, bring in a replacement, and let Ross McCrorie play? Yeah, go on then.

Still another CM to give us enough quality in each position.

Last year I’d have bit your hand off for this but year I feel he’s moved up a gear in the limited time I’ve seen him . Even made a few runs into the box which isn’t normally in his game. I think he has more to come and could be integral for us this year

I get all that, it's the assumption that we'll automatically improve the squad because we've sold a guy who cost £50k and we can now buy two at £5 million.

They seem to forget that the price tag doesn't equate to success and that we'd be selling a guy who is valued more than the guys we're replacing him with.
I agree with you to a point, but I'd counter that we need a different type of player- more creative. We can't have a 10m holding midfielder against the defensive teams we play week in, week out. I think what we've shown is our scouting is decent, and with that kind of money, we could get a player in there more suited to what we need.

I dont know if i believe some of figures we hear about or read even on here but then what would i know about other clubs and who they want to sign... my point is when folk say what exactly has gerrard done hes won sfa, they should maybe think about the fact there is talk of getting 10m, or more, for a good few of our players that didnt cost much.

If we need to get rid of a few bodies then I wouldn't be too upset to see Kamara go out and £10m come in.

£10 million is the starting bid could get closer to £15 million for him but I think he's dreadfully underrated on here he provides balance and has been key in winning the Midfield in Europe and against the poets

I don’t understand why so many on here are so keen to sell him. I appreciate that £10m is a good fee for us, and he doesn’t fill a “sexy” role in the team, but if EPL clubs think he’s good enough for them and if SG rates him so highly why are we so keen to see him go? How many starting EPL players could we get to come to the SPFL and how much would he cost in a fee and wages?

IMO we need to hold on to the Kamaras, Barisics and Morelos’ till we have no choice. Based on our budget we need to keep the players we have got “on the cheap” and who have proven to be worth a lot more, because replacements of the same quality would be out of our price bracket so we would step backwards.

Anyway, we just have to trust the manager.

I don’t understand why so many on here are so keen to sell him. I appreciate that £10m is a good fee for us, and he doesn’t fill a “sexy” role in the team, but if EPL clubs think he’s good enough for them and if SG rates him so highly why are we so keen to see him go? How many starting EPL players could we get to come to the SPFL and how much would he cost in a fee and wages?

IMO we need to hold on to the Kamaras, Barisics and Morelos’ till we have no choice. Based on our budget we need to keep the players we have got “on the cheap” and who have proven to be worth a lot more, because replacements of the same quality would be out of our price bracket so we would step backwards.

Anyway, we just have to trust the manager.

£10m is a good fee! :D

We need 1 DM not 3 , Gerrard will always play Jack when fit and on his game he’s a good bit better than Kamara .

Kamara is better than Jack.

I know they were the best team we’d played in Europe this season, but I thought you could see how much we missed Kamara away to Leverkusen.

Kamara is seriously under valued by most of our support.

I wouldn’t be actively looking for a sale, but each and every one of our players is for sale at the correct price.

Kamara is better than Jack.

I know they were the best team we’d played in Europe this season, but I thought you could see how much we missed Kamara away to Leverkusen.

Not for me he isn’t currently, He’s more potential for sure but Jack was by far our best midfielder for a good bit of last season.

That would be some deal considering what we paid for him. At least Gerrard will get asked about more than just Morelos now.

At some point we are going to need to sell our younger stars - that is the model and we are going to need to manage it as a club and get used to it as a support. One per season is the best we can hope for. If it is Kamara at £10m, that is outstanding business.

Would doubt Dundee have sell on clause we were signing him on a bosman and paid a token fee to get him early.

I’d rather sell jack for 4-5 million than Kamara for 10 million. Kamara is our best sitting midfielder imo( aribo is the better overall midfielder).

Most of these type of stories are made up for hits, but lets assume its true. £10m is not enough, esp if so many teams are in for him.

If he is sold yes it would be a great return for £50k, but we would have to replace him plus the cm were after.

If the club have targets lined up to replace him i would not be against him being sold.

I think we could double that if he has a good season and I think he’s capable of having a good season. I’d hold on to him.

Back