Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

He isn't worth anywhere near that but in the crazy world of modern football if somebody wants to pay that sort of money for him ... bring it on.

Decent enough player but has his regular lapses and is not what we need to take us to our ultimate goal as we are well covered in that department.

Makes no sense to sell him now. We’d need most of that fee to replace him and we need another midfielder as it is. After we win the league and he’s played the Euros someone will pay good money for him.

I like Kamara, I think he is a brilliant asset.

The reality is though we need to start selling players for a profit every season and that would be one hell of a profit.

Morelos, Borna, Aribo and Kamara I have thought for a while would be our most sellable assets and out of those 4 it would be Glen for me that would be the least damaging for us to lose.

It would be utterly insane to sell him. No one in the squad can do his job.

We’re already too short in depth and quality in central midfield after our first XI. Selling a starting player who is settled would be madness. We’d need two more in and I doubt we’d get the required quality for less than £10m.

He has all the technical ability but his lapses in concentration render him a liability. A player who has changed my mind in a less than positive fashion. I would be happy to see him go because he has cost us on multiple occasions now with his dawdling.

£10m is a reasonable starting offer. I would still look for more because I'm sick of us being taken for mugs.

I would be sad to see Kamara go but £10m+ can buy you an awful lot of midfielder.

We need 1 DM not 3 , Gerrard will always play Jack when fit and on his game he’s a good bit better than Kamara .

Head and shoulders. Jack is a 7 or 8/10 most games, Kamara is a 7/8 some games then 5/10 the next. Far too inconsistent but he would maybe prosper in a more technical league where he has a bit more time to do his stuff. Having said that it's when he is given time that he usually gets caught on the ball so who knows.

I think he's a good footballer, but it's difficult not to see the logic of getting a great return from him if we can at the same time be able to fill the role with the midfielder type Gerrard's been talking about.

If true it’s a great profit, I think the take it and run comments are a bit disrespectful to Kamara who’s a good player that’s improved the team. We’d need another two quality midfielders if he were to go.

We'll need 2 good MFs in if Glenn goes.
I'm not sure fellow bears are watching the same games as me if they don't think he's a key player.
His ball retention in Europe has been key to our relative success there. He makes a few mistakes, but he's young and inexperienced.
I trust Gerrard and his team to do the right thing. Hopefully GK is here for the season.

£10m, if true, is a no brainer. At some point we have to make sales, and not piddly sales of the likes of Jones or Docherty. £10m for someone who cost £50k is exactly our business model, especially when he's not a guaranteed starter and we're already looking for better first team options.

I like Kamara, but we can't continue holding onto players when good money is on offer.

He has all the technical ability but his lapses in concentration render him a liability. A player who has changed my mind in a less than positive fashion. I would be happy to see him go because he has cost us on multiple occasions now with his dawdling.

A liability :D heard it all now

If he goes to take the line from a song -you don't know what you've got til its gone.
He is a good player and has helped us control Midfield in many games including in Europe. 10m is a fair figure and hopefully it can be used to get a couple of good quality midfielders.

£10m is a good figure to be looking at for just about any of our players IMO. I’d trust Wilson and the recruitment team to find a replacement and/or improvement with even 1/3 of that fee.

Pray to god Dundee didn’t manage to sneak a 10% sell on in there when we paid £50k to release him having already signed him on a pre contract.

£10m covers the outlay for two strikers and Ross Wilson would probably have a better fit lined up with the spare change.

I like Kamara, but we need more running and space covered from CM, Jack and he don't have the high tempo required.

It would be utterly insane to sell him. No one in the squad can do his job.

We’re already too short in depth and quality in central midfield after our first XI. Selling a starting player who is settled would be madness. We’d need two more in and I doubt we’d get the required quality for less than £10m.
Rangers aren’t rejecting £10m. Only way his price increases is if he has a good Euros imo but his price has peaked domestically IF £10m is the price teams are willing to pay. We will accept £10m if offered. Would love to keep him mind you - lovely player.

Heavy interest from Dynamo Moscow and Dynamo Kiew with further interest in England for £10 million apparently I think we should cash in on him that money could buy us a better DM and maybe another creative midfielder.

https://www.90min.com/posts/Rangers...e-host-of-premier-league-clubs?utm_source=RSS

Exclusive - Eastern European outfits Dynamo Kiev and Dinamo Moscow are both lining up bids for Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara this summer, joining a host of Premier League clubs in the race for the 24-year-old.

Kamara joined the Scottish giants from Dundee for a mere £50,000 fee in January 2019; evolving into a prominent member of Steven Gerrard's starting XI at Ibrox in a defensive midfield role.

Kamara has shone under the guidance of Steven Gerrard at Ibrox | Ian MacNicol/Getty Images
The former Arsenal academy student appeared 19 times in the Scottish Premiership for the Gers last time out and has completed 90 minutes in their two opening games of the 2020/21 league campaign thus far.

His impressive consistency, however, means the Finnish star has evolved into a man in demand this summer.

Sources have indicated to 90min that Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev and Russian outfit Dinamo Moscow are ready to pay up to £10m to secure Kamara's signature, and although Rangers do not want to lose the 24-year-old, they're also not in a position to turn down a substantial bid for his services.

The two eastern European sides aren't the only clubs with a recognised interest in the Gers midfielders, though, he's also garnered plenty of interest from the Premier League and a return to England certainly isn't off the table.

Chris Wilder's Sheffield United are one of the many Premier League clubs interested in Kamara | PETER POWELL/Getty Images
Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Everton, Newcastle and Southampton are all believed to have expressed an interest, along with Championship duo Norwich and Brentford.

Nevertheless, Kamara - who's break out campaign also caught the eye of French giants Marseille - revealed back in January that he wasn't prepared to let the speculation over his future affect his career.

"The manager hasn’t spoken to me about the speculation at all," he said. "It has been a big turnaround when I think back 12 months. I’m just pleased to be here and want to keep working hard.

Kamara will represent Finland at next summer's European Championships | James Williamson - AMA/Getty Images
"Coming up to Scotland was definitely one of my best decisions. It was to get game-time under my belt in men’s football and it has worked out well."

Kamara is set to play a key role in Finland's bow at the European Championships next summer, although it remains to be seen whether he'll still be a Rangers player by the time the tournament rolls around.
Pay the asking price

I don't understand how folk think sometimes. If we sell Kamara for £10 million, don't think we'll get that btw, then he becomes a £10 million player. So folk are wanting sell and replace him with a player or players of a lesser value and expect them to be better. How does that work?
Seems to work for Ajax...that's the aspiration!

Finlands best player? (Finnish football fans opinion) £10m?

We're the only ones in Europe that don't rate him apparently.

FWIW in Italy or Spain he'd be incredible. With the little time he has on the ball here he's impressed. Theres a reason he excels against better opposition.

Head and shoulders. Jack is a 7 or 8/10 most games, Kamara is a 7/8 some games then 5/10 the next. Far too inconsistent but he would maybe prosper in a more technical league where he has a bit more time to do his stuff. Having said that it's when he is given time that he usually gets caught on the ball so who knows.
Jack hasn't given us a 7 or 8 since 2019

If we get offers like £10M for Kamara then we should take it and try and sneak in a sell on clause as well. I think he's replaceable, especially domestically. And definitely with £10M in the bank.

Can be far too slack on the ball at times

Let's face it, if GK is playing for the puddle drinkers the mhedia would be whoring him out as the best midfielder in Scotland for 25 million plus.
10 million is short of what we should be looking for. His real value is somewhere in between in my humble opinion.

Surely there is no chance that Norwich or Brentford will pay anywhere near £10m? That’s before even thinking that GK would join a team in the championship!

For me I would like to keep him as I think he is our best midfielder within the system we play ahead of Jack and Davis and would have him plus one other in the deeper midfield positions. However,for the fee rumoured I think we may have to look to sell him, a big part of the running of the club these days needs to be bringing in players cheap and selling them on for large profits unfortunately, and for 10 million coming in I think combination of Jack/Davis/Arfield/Aribo dropping deeper or any replacement would suffice.

If there is genuinely interest down south we should be looking for more than £10 million.

Given how he performed on the European stage he is more than worth it.

£50k to £10m would be incredible business. I wonder if Dundee would have a sell-on.
I doubt they would to be fair. We only paid £50k to get him a few months before we’d have got him in a free. Dundee wouldn’t have had any real bargaining power

If any team came in right now and put 5 million on the table I think we'd be taking that.

£10m? probably fantasy but we should snap their hands off.

When we sign a midfielder he's the one that should drop to the bench. His value will drop if that happens. That leaves a decision to be made.

Back