Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

This thread sums up exactly why we should sell Kamara if an offer of £10m is made.

Not because he isn’t any good - he is, in fact he is very good and probably our best midfielder for me. But because a smart defensive midfielder can only look so good in Scotland and that money would be better used on a all round player who is a bit more active in forward areas and can still do the dirty stuff well enough to get by in Scotland. A tidy midfielder who contributes goals in Scotland should be available for a lot less than £10m.

Would be a great return for us but we'd have to replace him quickly so could be a risk to sell now.

Definitely better than last season but he needs to keep it up. He showed it between oct-dec last year. Need it consistently and needs to add numbers.

His numbers are clean sheets and plenty possession supplied for our forward players mate.

Him and Jack did it perfectly at Pittodrie and last Sunday.

Let's hope it continues.

A great asset however lets be honest we need some cash back in the door as that coke and AK47's can only stretch so far

Kamara is a quality player, and the interest shown in him backs it up. I always see him as a Michael Carrick type player, nowhere near the same in terms of ability, but you only really notice him when he’s not playing. Would definitely take the suggested 10m for him, if we reinvested it into the first XI

To say that Kamara is not an automatic starter £10m for somebone who cost buttons is a lot of money.

Really he was a bosman, the £50k was only for his early release and worth it IMO.

I really like Kamara but there are others that would be harder to replace.

This thread sums up exactly why we should sell Kamara if an offer of £10m is made.

Not because he isn’t any good - he is, in fact he is very good and probably our best midfielder for me. But because a smart defensive midfielder can only look so good in Scotland and that money would be better used on a all round player who is a bit more active in forward areas and can still do the dirty stuff well enough to get by in Scotland. A tidy midfielder who contributes goals in Scotland should be available for a lot less than £10m.

100%. We don't need a more talented footballer than Kamara as they are very hard to find.

We need a more effective forward-passing midfielder, who'll score more goals in Scottish football. That should be easy to find, even for a few million.

Be sorry to see him go . If we are in the market for aa more offensive box to box midfielder then I think Karmaras defensive , combative style is better suited than Jack to slot in beside him , if £10 million is right then thats some return for us and maybe to tempting to turn down.

If we did receive a bid for Kamara for £10m, the lad would also get a wage to reflect his fee from the buying club and a cut of the fee too.

We as a support need to accept that there is a time for players to move on and bring in new as required. Kamara has been an absolutely fantastic piece of business overall.

Claude Makelele scored two goals in his whole Chelsea career. These types of players cannot be judged by goals.

And no, I'm not comparing their ability.
I’m not judging him solely on goals. I think you’ve maybe dived in and missed the part where I said I think he’s a good player and we just need better.

It’s not stupid though is it? Any midfielder for Rangers should be contributing. He gets forward enough.
I would agree with Jack (last season position anyway), Aribo and Arfield but Kamara‘s game isn’t about getting numbers. He is asked to play a specific role & does it very well

I’m not judging him solely on goals. I think you’ve maybe dived in and missed the part where I said I think he’s a good player and we just need better.

You said a midfielder at Rangers should be scoring goals. That isn't his job at all so I don't see how it can be used as an indicator of performance. He will get a couple over the season but if anyone should be providing more it's Jack.

Would our fans except the rebuilding seasons?
At some stage we do need to start selling players for proper money to become more self-sustainable. We bought Kamara for £50k, selling for £10m should be our model and by the admission of our own board that is the type of club they want us to become.

I would agree with Jack (last season position anyway), Aribo and Arfield but Kamara‘s game isn’t about getting numbers. He is asked to play a specific role & does it very well
I’m not denying any of it, my argument isn’t solely that I want numbers from him. He’s guilty of slowing games down. Last season he was poor for large spells of the season. Before october and after new year, particularly hearts away in jan, the worst display i’d seen all season. We can do better.

You said a midfielder at Rangers should be scoring goals. That isn't his job at all so I don't see how it can be used as an indicator of performance. He will get a couple over the season but if anyone should be providing more it's Jack.
See above post.

Kamara is a fine player and one we would sorely miss if we failed to replace.

That’s all it boils down to for me - if we have a good replacement lined up that we could go out and buy with the £10million then it’s a fair price for us to consider accepting.

I’m of the opinion that Gerrard probably has a few midfielders in mind that he’d like to bring in if he had the money, so I could see a bid like this being accepted if it came in.

Wow some of the comments on this, snap there hands off for offers under 5 million nevermind 10 bla bla bla
The manky lot rate Callum McGregor at 40 million if you listen to them.
Glen kamara has dominated the midfield in 3 of the 4 old firm games he's played going head to head with him.
We talk about the media constantly undervaluing our players, can't moan when we constantly do it ourselves

When Kamara is on top form he is a class player and i think he will flourish outside of Scotland, 10 million would be a pretty good offer but id rather keep him.
He maybe one of those players we let go and then realise how good he was, Tugay springs to mind

I wouldn’t sell our best sitting midfielder for 10 million, he’s worth well more than that. I would want more 15-20 million for him, which I think we could squeeze out of a club if he has a good euros next year. We missed him extremely against Leverkusen, we have no one in our squad and who can close out the wings and cover them like he does in Europe, he’s very good at it. He just stands up well in the big games. Our midfield once we’ve finished our transfer business should be Kamara sitting and a no8 next to him. Jacks a good back up for both positions.

If we did receive a bid for Kamara for £10m, the lad would also get a wage to reflect his fee from the buying club and a cut of the fee too.

We as a support need to accept that there is a time for players to move on and bring in new as required. Kamara has been an absolutely fantastic piece of business overall.

Correct. The player was making noises about an improved deal around Christmas time last year only for Gerrard to make it pretty clear pretty quickly that he'd like to see more consistency first. As far I'm aware (and I'm happy to be corrected), said new contract still hasn't materialised.

He'll be off if we receive any bid in the region of 8 to 10 million.

He's a decent player but some folk really overrated our midfield (*awaits rebuttal about their Old Firm performances*)

Is this thread still going with people thinking we should be getting £10m for Kamara?

Morelos is infinitely more important to our team and a far better prospect yet we can barely get an offer over £15m for him.

I honestly think if a team was after Kamara you'd be looking at £2-3m at the minute. Which would still be very good business considering what we paid and how replaceable he is.

Is this thread still going with people thinking we should be getting £10m for Kamara?

Morelos is infinitely more important to our team and a far better prospect yet we can barely get an offer over £15m for him.

I honestly think if a team was after Kamara you'd be looking at £2-3m at the minute. Which would still be very good business considering what we paid and how replaceable he is.
lol nonsense

Lets just put this down to severe sunstroke.

So people genuinely believe Glen Kamara is the player to break our highest ever fee received for a player? Interesting.

We rejected £16m from Lille for Morelos

So people genuinely believe Glen Kamara is the player to break our highest ever fee received for a player? Interesting.
Well the football market has changed completely since then and we haven’t had sellable assets because of admin & the recovery. Now we finally have sellable assets so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Last edited:

Drugs are bad pal , He’s not my favourite player but is very good in big games and in Europe.

He’s also been a stand out for a Finland team that made the Euros 8-10 million all day long .

It's been a long time since we sold anyone half decent mate.

If he goes to the Euros and performs like he did for Finland against Italy, then he'll go for plenty.

He's only 24 and was still playing at Dundee less than 2 years ago.

He's got a huge amount of development and improvement still in him.

Even in the few games we've played this season, we can already see how much more positive and linking up play around the opposition box he's added to his game.

There is massive potential there imo.

I usually quite like your posts but that line of reasoning is an all out insult on the collective intelligence of this board.

Our largest player sale was Alan Hutton (I think) for about £9m over 12 years ago. The time value of money alone makes any direct comparison on fees received a redundant exercise. And that’s before we even discuss the continual inflation of both fees and wages within football transfers in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
There’s loads here, to be honest in all the games I’ve been to our here there’s only been one quite outlandish show of racism and that was when in the away section at a Spartak Dynamo derby match.

Apparently Zenit and Torpedo Moscow are the worst but in the Zenit games I’ve been to I’ve yet to see or hear any racist chants or banners. And Malcom is very popular right now.

I think like many things about Russia the old tropes about them hating black people and being massive racists are tired and outdated. Suits the western propaganda narrative to spin that tho. Same as the supposed rampaging hooligans beating up all and sundry at the World Cup. Again the only violence I saw was when Dynamo played at Spartak, Russian games are so heavily policed and often the football so boring that there’s not much chance of being caught up in trouble as a normal fan at the stadium.

Russia is far more multicultural and multi-ethnic than most places - especially Scotland - given how big the USSR was and all the constituent peoples moved around it over the years.

Regarding Kamara, we’d have to take £10m if this was to be something more than just paper talk nonsense (and that website linked has a tradition of talking pish). Dynamo Moscow are a team who often play a tidy if boring possession based passing game and Kamara is better than the current defensive midfielders they have on the books at present, so they may well be interested. They are owned by VTB Bank so despite their paltry attendances cash isn’t hard to come to by for them. And with FFP seemingly a busted flush they may well be opening the chequebook now as they are desperate to get back up the pecking order in Russian football after a massive fall from grace in recent years.

Do you live in Russia mate ? If so that’s fascinating . Regarding Dynamo Moscow is like to see them back as they played in our most important match in our history and I’d like to think they will continue on .

A 200 x profit in 18 months? An absolute no brainier for me. The only other player other than Alfie who could get that type of cash is Borna who I believe is our only un-sellable player (well maybe £60m I’d consider it).

I tend to agree with the boys on todays heart and hand podcast regarding Kamara, if we were offered 10m for him I'd bite their hand off for that transfer fee. Maybe Kamara is suited to a slower paced... less robust league where he might even excel. Sell on % could be wise too

I want to see us even if Kamara stays, sign an enforcer!
A Terry Hurlockish type.

Somebody that would put the fear of god into every midfielder we come up against, especially a certain plastic hard man from the other side of the tracks.

It’s been years since we had a player that nailed Broonaldo.
I think Kyle Bartley was the last, and he did not enjoy that one …little bit!

I tend to agree with the boys on todays heart and hand podcast regarding Kamara, if we were offered 10m for him I'd bite their hand off for that transfer fee. Maybe Kamara is suited to a slower paced... less robust league where he might even excel. Sell on % could be wise too
Kamrara would excel in a league where has more time on the ball.
France, Spain, etc…
Very silky player, just not suited to the hustle and bustle of the scottish league especially.

I want to see us even if Kamara stays, sign an enforcer!
A Terry Hurlockish type.

Somebody that would put the fear of god into every midfielder we come up against, especially a certain plastic hard man from the other side of the tracks.

It’s been years since we had a player that nailed Broonaldo.
I think Kyle Bartley was the last, and he did not enjoy that one …little bit!

Our midfield has got the better of Brown and McGregor in the majority of games over the past couple of seasons mate.

Apart from one tackle that he got booked for, Bartley couldn't get near Brown.

Perfect example of what our model should be. Buy a youngish player cheap, shine him up and then cash in. Rinse, lather and repeat.

Kamara is a good player who works great for our system in Europe but he isn't a massively effective player in the opposition box that we need in the weekly grind of the SPL from our midfield. For 10 million I feel we could use that money to pick up a couple of good cm replacements

Back