Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

Our midfield has got the better of Brown and McGregor in the majority of games over the past couple of seasons mate.

Apart from one tackle that he got booked for, Bartley couldn't get near Brown.
We lost that game and Bartley got booked meaning he couldn't make a tackle for the whole game. I will never, ever understand why folk keep bringing that tackle up because it was definitely a foul and completely meaningless. If you're going to half someone, then do it legally like KT v Keane - you won't see two more perfectly executed tackles, they are things of beauty.

I would love to see that reptile Brown lying on the turf after being smashed by a Rangers player but I get more enjoyment from watching him blowing out of his arse and humiliated after being schooled by our superior midfielders.

I would keep him, coz i think he will get better and he knows Rangers now. I don't think we should mess about with the team too much, and if he has to be back up, then that's fine. Great player, and lets not get obsessed with profit this season

Is this thread still going with people thinking we should be getting £10m for Kamara?

Morelos is infinitely more important to our team and a far better prospect yet we can barely get an offer over £15m for him.

I honestly think if a team was after Kamara you'd be looking at £2-3m at the minute. Which would still be very good business considering what we paid and how replaceable he is.
Fishing....has to be?

Reading some of the comments, Kamara is underrated.

If there is a need to get cash now then £10m is acceptable BUT given how much he has improved already and his obvious potential for more I would much rather keep him.

As has been said, Kamara is an excellent player and is genuinely under-rated by some fans. However, if a bid of more than £7m came in, then I don’t think he’s too good to replace.

Our midfield has got the better of Brown and McGregor in the majority of games over the past couple of seasons mate.

Apart from one tackle that he got booked for, Bartley couldn't get near Brown.
He did that day!
But that was it.
Still he nailed him. and their players and the media couldn’t believe any one would even dare!

Shove your 10 million up your ring.

Another one that should have a not for sale sign round his neck along with Borna.

He was outstanding tonight, second only to Borna in my opinion.

I still maintain we’d struggle to get a player of similar calibre for what we’d get for him.

I was critical of him last year but it appears he's matured and looks fitter.

Never mind 10m lets get his contract extended and a few medals round his neck

Best midfielder tonight.

Jack and arfield just recycle the ball and Davis just plays backwards now.

Still a quality midfielder needed.

Outstanding performance tonight from Kamara in what was imo an overall poor team performnace, very good. Its mad folk want to punt Kamara for 7, 8, 9, 10 million or whatever yet think Jack is better but never ever gets mentioned in those brackets

The guy is an absolute class act, is comfortable picking the ball up in any position. Must be a joy to play alongside a player that can bail you out when required.

Thought he was excellent tonight! If the window closed with our current squad in place i'd be quite confident

Would be a good buy for £10m at a mid table EPL side but would be even better on the continent.

One of the best performers on the pitch today. These clickbait sites must up their rumours with 5 millions by tomorrow :D

Would be difficult to replace imo. Great positional sense, covers Borna really well, always looking for the ball and trys to play it forward, knows the system and links well with all the forwards.

If we sell him, you will soon notice how valuable he is.

We should not be selling anyone this season that is in our 1st 11. Next season maybe but stopping them is our 1st priority. Not for sale imo.

I’m really glad to see Kamara get back to form! Where was this guy for most of last season? He looks assured and confident again. A lovely footballer at his best. You can add another zero on to the fee being spoken about.

He had a very good game tonight. With the speculation, I’d ideally like to keep him but it is understandable if he is sold if offer is too good to refuse and the player wants the move, which would probably be dependent on who was interested.

If an offer of 10mill came in i'd let him go and get in a good replacement, iv never felt that he is Gerrard's number 1 choice in the middle and its a great profit for what we go him for

There needs to be a middle ground in all of this.

Some people have our players at no worth, others have them at astronomical values.

For our model to become sustainable, we do need to sell.

Borna
Kamara
Morelos

Those are the players generating interest at present.

We haven’t sold a player for decent cash for a long time. The board will have budgeted for a player sale now, if not, definitely very soon.

Kamara is the most replaceable asset we have, imo.

We could get a serious player for £4/5m in the role we need. Then pass £5m+ back into the club. That then waives the fees on Roofe and Itten effectively.

There needs to be a middle ground in all of this.

Some people have our players at no worth, others have them at astronomical values.

For our model to become sustainable, we do need to sell.

Borna
Kamara
Morelos

Those are the players generating interest at present.

We haven’t sold a player for decent cash for a long time. The board will have budgeted for a player sale now, if not, definitely very soon.

Kamara is the most replaceable asset we have, imo.

We could get a serious player for £4/5m in the role we need. Then pass £5m+ back into the club. That then waives the fees on Roofe and Itten effectively.
This is spot on for me. If the right bid comes in then so be it.

Are people genuinely suggesting we sell Kamara, buy an attacking midfielder and bank the rest? Do we not need to replace him? If anyone can’t see the value he adds and thinks we can easily replace him for a few million then that’s their issue.

He’s potentially worth significantly more if we win the league and he has a good Euros. What we paid for him is irrelevant when considering what his worth is to the club at this moment and in the future.

Are people genuinely suggesting we sell Kamara, buy an attacking midfielder and bank the rest? Do we not need to replace him? If anyone can’t see the value he adds and thinks we can easily replace him for a few million then that’s their issue.

He’s potentially worth significantly more if we win the league and he has a good Euros. What we paid for him is irrelevant when considering what his worth is to the club at this moment and in the future.
I don't get this idea that we sell him at £10m and buy his replacement at £5m.

It just begs the question of why the clubs who want Kamara don't just save themselves 5 million quid and buy the guy who is replacing him?

Back