Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

Not really.
£10 million is nothing these days, especially in England.
Players regularly move from Swiss, belgian and Croatian leagues for 15-20 million fees.
We need to stop under valuing our players

100%.

I mentioned it in another thread, I think this is down to us not really being concerned with top tier football, as we were engrossed in our journey back to the top. Since we got shafted football finance has exploded, player prices have gone through the roof.

I want to see us even if Kamara stays, sign an enforcer!
A Terry Hurlockish type.

Somebody that would put the fear of god into every midfielder we come up against, especially a certain plastic hard man from the other side of the tracks.

It’s been years since we had a player that nailed Broonaldo.
I think Kyle Bartley was the last, and he did not enjoy that one …little bit!
Terry hurlockish type!! Wouldn't finish 90mins these days be sent off probably twice in 1 game

You have to sell at that bracket, the same as you have to sell Alfie at 20+. Its about the long term sustainability of the club, and reinvesting wisely for the future.

Where I draw the line is selling everyone in one window, the league challenge comes first.

I don't get this idea that we sell him at £10m and buy his replacement at £5m.

It just begs the question of why the clubs who want Kamara don't just save themselves 5 million quid and buy the guy who is replacing him?

Did you not know we have the best scouts on the planet who can find talent for next to nowt that no one else will ever find! :)

He’s a very tidy footballer but is prone to the odd head stagger. If he could knock that out of his game I’d want him to stay but if the reported £10 million is correct then I’d take. Phenomenal business from the club if we get that for him

I'd like to think we don't divest rather than invest, in our quest to stop their tainted 10 in a row, like we did the season we lost our quest for 10 in a row.
If we can at all afford it we need to hang on to our best players, and Kamara is in that category.

Terry hurlockish type!! Wouldn't finish 90mins these days be sent off probably twice in 1 game

Not
Not necessarily.
The guy had an exquisite first touch.
Ask Steve ‘Baggio’ Fulton.

He had an amazing first touch, and would tackle like a Rottweiler and rarely lose possession.He would put the fear of God into anyone he played against, without playing dirty.He won a Premier League Champions medal, League Cup Champions medals in a very short time with us.

Last edited:
If an offer of 10mill came in i'd let him go and get in a good replacement, iv never felt that he is Gerrard's number 1 choice in the middle and its a great profit for what we go him for

Who is this good replacement , that is the problem we’d have

I would put last nights performance as Kamara's best in a Rangers jersey. Very impressive
He done a few things the other night i had not seen him do before, maybe Gerrards in in his ear to be a bit more adventurous on the ball, he done one shimmy in the 2nd half that had two players going the wrong way and left him heading towards goal.

He done a few things the other night i had not seen him do before, maybe Gerrards in in his ear to be a bit more adventurous on the ball, he done one shimmy in the 2nd half that had two players going the wrong way and left him heading towards goal.

If he keeps performing like that mate we will make a fortune on him. Hopefully he is beginning to mature into a proper consistent midfielder for us

I like Kamara, good player but he is a bit lightweight and can take a bit too much time on the ball.

If someone is offering us 10m for a player we bought for 50k, then we would be made not to accept that. He can be replaced.
Kamara is the complete opposite of this-he is not lightweight, and in no fashion does he take too long on the ball; Kamara is a very attacking midfielder who looks ahead more often than not, and looks to play a quick pass.

Last edited:
He's not even worth half of that. I get why people are saying keep him (for Europe), or that they prefer him to Jack right now. But over a season he probably won't play as much . Hes technically sound, but that's it really. Others in his position are better than him overall. Its the problem we have in midfield at the moment. They're all the same type of player.

If a bit comes in anywhere near 10 mil then it will be the sale of the century.

Are people genuinely suggesting we sell Kamara, buy an attacking midfielder and bank the rest? Do we not need to replace him? If anyone can’t see the value he adds and thinks we can easily replace him for a few million then that’s their issue.

He’s potentially worth significantly more if we win the league and he has a good Euros. What we paid for him is irrelevant when considering what his worth is to the club at this moment and in the future.

We can replace him for a few million.

This is our whole model in a nutshell - sell for big bucks, spend half on a replacement, bank the rest.

He cost peanuts but has been an excellent signing, and while I’m in no rush to sell him, if someone was really offering £10m (I have my doubts it’ll be as much as that) we simply could not ignore it.

We actually need to see our model in action. We need to see it working for us. Kamara, Morelos and Barisic are all players that should net us relatively huge sums and as a business we really need to optimise their value.

I have faith we’ll be stronger for it.

Unless we really need the money, we should not be looking to sell Kamara and Barisic until after the Euros next year. High probability that we will get a much higher fee if we wait.

At some point we need to sell for some big fees to reinvest in the squad and the club - would I be selling any of our top performers unless it was a ridiculous offer (which 10M isn't) - not this season.

I think anyone watching Kamara and saying he doesn't score enough or that we should replace him with an attacking midfielder need to watch our system more closely - his job is to win the ball and recycle possession to the attacking players - which he is doing while also looking more dynamic than last season. Our problem is when you put Jack + Davis in next to him, and it turns into slow pondering passes to each other.

He is a very good player and plays an important role for us. However part of our business model is to buy low and sell on. £10m if you look at EPL fee levels is about the mark. If we invest some of the fee well getting a replacement it will have been a great bit of business.

A fit, on form & consistent Kamara is worth £10M any day of the week imo

The trouble is that consistency just doesn't seem to be happening - yet

I'd hoped it would come along this season & seeing as it's early days- it may yet materialise

Meantime I wouldn't be in any rush to let him go for a penny less

With the transfer window not due to close until when ? October is it ? Then let's see how the next couple of month's go before making further decisions we could easily regret later

A fit, on form & consistent Kamara is worth £10M any day of the week imo

The trouble is that consistency just doesn't seem to be happening - yet

I'd hoped it would come along this season & seeing as it's early days- it may yet materialise

Meantime I wouldn't be in any rush to let him go for a penny less

With the transfer window not due to close until when ? October is it ? Then let's see how the next couple of month's go before making further decisions we could easily regret later
Think that's spot on mate. Consistency is the key and there is no rush.

I remember watching something years ago where Southampton had a database of players for each position. Im sure Ross Wilson will have something similar

Back