Glen Kamara

Albertz_Was_King

Easily our most underrated player.

I would love to see the distance he covers and the amount of sprints he makes. The power of work he goes through is incredible.

Lovely composed footballer and I think he linked brilliantly at times with the sublime Joe Aribo who I think is going to become a monster of a player very soon. Kamara reminds me of Hemdani in the sense that his best performances seem to occur in Europe against the elite.

Kamara next step is now to add goals to his game like Jack has managed to do. He could have a massive year ahead of him with the Euro’s and Europa League knock out football ahead of him.

In a strange way he plays some brilliant attacking football but doesn’t get assists etc, a lot of positive passes

Easily our most underrated player.

I would love to see the distance he covers and the amount of sprints he makes. The power of work he goes through is incredible.

Lovely composed footballer and I think he linked brilliantly at times with the sublime Joe Aribo who I think is going to become a monster of a player very soon. Kamara reminds me of Hemdani in the sense that his best performances seem to occur in Europe against the elite.

Kamara next step is now to add goals to his game like Jack has managed to do. He could have a massive year ahead of him with the Euro’s and Europa League knock out football ahead of him.

I said something similar to my son during the game out of the blue before that incredible run, I just had a great feeling Aribo is going to become massive for us and I trust my gut! Hope we can keep Kamara!

Kamara was our best player in the first half but he looked jaded later in the game Gerrard probably would have subbed him but there was a lack of midfield options on the bench, he took a few heavy tackles in the match I'd guess he's picked up a knock, he was slower and made poor decision's later in the second half.

madness. He’s a quality player.

granted he lacked composure in the last half hour last night, but Jack was also guilty of treating it like a hot potato, the whole team crumbled.

Davis, Jack, Kamara is a top quality midfield 3
Always starts off on fire then starts losing compusure when tiring.

I think to say the team crumbled is harsh. The effects of Sunday meant we couldnt keep the tempo up and that, coupled with the opposition pushing forward more and more, put us on a back footing.

I thought we defended resolutely under pressure and am very proud of the teams fantastic achievement of getting through the group.

No doubt this will be underplayed by the typewriting bheggars, but to come through 4 qualifying rounds to reach the last 32 is utterly astonishing.

He wasn't very good in the second half and gave away possession numerous times. Jack got booked because of it.

He played well in the first half.

I think we'll sell him in January for the right price

I think this would be lunacy given the fact Davis is already out for a few weeks, can you imagine the panic if god forbid Jack also got a injury also in a very congested December

with players out on loan and Docherty, King and Polster not seen to be getting a look in I think we need to keep this midfield to have any chance this season

Excellent for an hour.
Appeared to tire really badly thereafter and the last 20 minutes I don’t think he touched the ball without giving it away.
For a guy whose game is usually all about keeping possession it was a monumentally poor second half and he was probably the biggest contributor to the pressure we were under.
I’d either rest him or have him on a very shortly leash for Sunday. Another spell like that could be league threatening. Either Docherty, King or Barjonas has got to be in the squad for Sunday

Great in the firstborn half and looked as if he was running in quicksand at points during the second, should have been subbed.

Always starts off on fire then starts losing compusure when tiring.

I think to say the team crumbled is harsh. The effects of Sunday meant we couldnt keep the tempo up and that, coupled with the opposition pushing forward more and more, put us on a back footing.

I thought we defended resolutely under pressure and am very proud of the teams fantastic achievement of getting through the group.

No doubt this will be underplayed by the typewriting bheggars, but to come through 4 qualifying rounds to reach the last 32 is utterly astonishing.

I agree tiredness was a factor but it can’t be a real excuse. Their goal was coming and had there been 5 more minutes there would have been another. We lacked the composure to keep the ball, or to capitalise on the break through some poor decisions. We made it though!

Maybe a good point on Kamara and tiredness affecting him, not so much in terms of composure but the occasional slack pass. He’s a young player though and I think it’s now critical we keep him.

First half was excellent. Standard dropped in the 2nd but with Young Boys heading for elimination we couldn't expect to stroll it. They were always going to come at us and thankfully we seen the game out.

Players for us won't have perfect matches. If they did they wouldn't be playing at this level and costing £50k.

He was my motm in the 1st half.

Dropped off on the 2nd half like everyone bar Barasic.

Good to see him regain his form, I wish he would cut out the one or two slack passes that he makes every game.

2nd half I would have pulled him after 60. Seemed to give the ball away a lot with misplaced passes and looked a different player from 1st half. 2nd half he lacked pace and void of ideas.
I agree but we just didn't have a suitable replacement on the bench.

Absolutely class tonight. Lacks concentration and will have a 'what are you thinking' moment at least once a match. If he can cut that out he'll be a really good player for us.
Gets caught on the turn quite often. Led to Jack picking up first booking. But what a player and gonna make is a small fortune.

Kamara was good in the first half, poor 2nd half and it’s his fault Jack got his first booking with his sloppy play meaning Jack took one for the team.

I thought he was awful for the last half hour. Part of the reason why we lost the midfield.

First half he was brilliant.

2nd half I would have pulled him after 60. Seemed to give the ball away a lot with misplaced passes and looked a different player from 1st half. 2nd half he lacked pace and void of ideas.

Our issue was not having other central midfield options on the bench.

1st half I thought he was excellent second half he was a bit slack. It doesnt help though when he makes a mistake that the crowd get on his back. You can see his head go down after this.

The players must have been dead on their feet last night especially after Sunday.

I think he's too slow. He takes an eternity to control the ball and find a shirt and even then he dwells too long. No doubt I'll get slaughtered for criticising him.
Funny how people see things differently. I thought he was immense first half and got a bit slack/tired the second which is understandable after the shift he put in. It's irritating when he gives the ball away needlessly at time, he needs to improve that part of his game. Overall i'm very happy about him, does a lot of work that goes unnoticed.

He wasn't very good in the second half and gave away possession numerous times. Jack got booked because of it.

He played well in the first half.

I think we'll sell him in January for the right price

If there are English clubs offering £8m plus, then we need to get half in to keep the cash flow going, whilst the rest goes on another attempt to find a goal scoring winger.

Kamara and Jack were sensational in the first half. Gave the opposition midfield no time to breathe let alone get time on the ball.

Their distribution once they won the ball was also first class and usually turned defence into attack quickly.

For some reason, we fell apart in the second half. IMO the catalyst for this was Kamara fading out of the game and giving the ball away far too often.

He is critical to the way we play. However last night, I think he suffered from not having the experience of Davis beside him to put a foot on the ball when the game needed slowing down.

First half last night I thought he was unplayable.

second half I was asking if it was even the same player on the park!

Back