Glen Kamara

I have a good feeling about Kamara. I think once he breaks into the team he will be difficult to shift.

EDIT: F*ck, I've just read an article by Neil McCann where he almost says that word-for-word. Honestly, I hadn't read McCann's piece before I posted that. I note Neil also says Kamara sits in front of the back 4 - I had him down, on my limited viewings, as a lot more attack-minded than that.

Last edited:
Hopefully a sub appearance at the weekend and a start against Kilmarnock in the replay. I think he'll rip them to bits.

I reckon he'll have an Aluko type impact.

He's a completely different style of player to Aluko mate.

He's not a forward player like Aluko.

More of an athletic, mobile centre mid who can pass the ball and read situations well.

As soon as he's match fit he'll be in the 1st team squad.

Desperate to see him in action.

We massively need someone in the midfield who can get the ball down and play with composure and make accurate passes. Our midfield is a concern for me in its inability to settle and move forward with composure on the ball. Kamara gives us that.

Passing in our midfield is very poor, as is link up play. Kamara lifts his head which none of the current three do - or do enough.

Desperate to see him in action.

We massively need someone in the midfield who can get the ball down and play with composure and make accurate passes. Our midfield is a concern for me in its inability to settle and move forward with composure on the ball. Kamara gives us that.

Passing in our midfield is very poor, as is link up play. Kamara lifts his head which none of the current three do - or do enough.

Both Kamara and Davis, when both are match fit, have that ability.

A very welcome addition to the squad.

Both Kamara and Davis, when both are match fit, have that ability.

A very welcome addition to the squad.
He is a welcome and much needed addition. We are seriously lacking composure in there. Rarely look comfortable with a football at their feet. I'm sure that's why SG has brought him in. A blind man can see the deficiencies in our midfield, which is holding our play back. I'd have no hesitation in putting Kamara in when fully up to speed as he will added much needed technical ability. I predict he will be a breath of fresh air.

From the BBC:

Glen Kamara is a "class act" who can influence Rangers in the fashion of former captain Barry Ferguson, says Neil McCann.

Ex-Ibrox winger McCann signed the 23-year-old for Dundee in the summer 2017 following his release from Arsenal.

The Finland international joined Rangers in January but has yet to feature for Steven Gerrard's side.

"If he gets into the side, I think it will be very difficult to move him," McCann told BBC Scotland.

"He's a real star in the making. He's still learning the game but I just think he's a terrific footballer. He moves so well and Rangers are getting a class act.

"He will continue to improve under Steven Gerrard and dealing with the expectation levels at such a big club."

Kamara initially agreed a pre-contract move to Ibrox but the switch was completed on deadline day with the Premiership rivals agreeing an undisclosed fee.

He played in 19 games for the Dark Blues this season after 46 appearances in his debut campaign in Scotland but has not been included in a squad for Rangers' three matches so far in February.

"He's very laid back," added McCann, who played for Rangers from 1998-2003, winning nine trophies. "He is confident in his own ability without ever showing that outwardly. He will need that self-belief at Ibrox.

"His best attributes are sitting in front of the back four and conducting play. He's not an enforcer. Ross McCrorie and Ryan Jack are more physical. But, for me, he's a better footballer than both.

"When I look back at my successful time at Rangers, we had Barry Ferguson controlling the tempo.

"He wasn't overly physical but he would cover ground so quickly and snuff out danger, change direction, pick a pass. That's Kamara."

Kamara makes Iwobi's ultimate dream team
McCann is not the only person singing the praises of Rangers' recent signing.

Nigeria international Alex Iwobi came through the Arsenal ranks with Kamara and, last month, included him in his best XI from team-mates past and present.

That fantasy line-up includes current Gunners stars Mesut Ozil, Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, along with Ahmed Musa and Santi Cazorla.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47197880

He's a completely different style of player to Aluko mate.

He's not a forward player like Aluko.

More of an athletic, mobile centre mid who can pass the ball and read situations well.

As soon as he's match fit he'll be in the 1st team squad.

I knew that would happen :D

Aluko type impact in the sense that he's a hidden gem, I'm hoping on this occasion it really is a case of let's see what he can do with better players around him.

I knew that would happen :D

Aluko type impact in the sense that he's a hidden gem, I'm hoping on this occasion it really is a case of let's see what he can do with better players around him.

Get you mate.

Ball retention, control, awareness with head up, composure, passing accuracy, timely tackles, link up play. All weak points in our midfield.

From what I've seen of Kamara, he ticks these boxes, thankfully.

I think we may just have a star on our hands.

Any idea how far he is from being match fit? It would be good to at least have him on the bench against St Johnstone.

When I've seen GK - & I concede I haven't seen him that often - he's been really effective at breaking up opponents play by clever interceptions, effective tackling & taking up good positions

What I haven't noticed so much is similar effectiveness going forward - but then again - look who he's been playing for & how often are they on the attack ?

He can only play the type of football his own team play - So hopefully when he plays for us - this side of the game will have more opportunity to develop

I'm sure SG has already identified what he wants from GK & will be trying to implement this in training as we speak -

I know he's got a job on his hands trying to break into an area where we're almost top heavy right now - but I'm still confident he'll be breathing down tbe necks of all our regulars in the next few weeks -

Of course we may need him sooner than intended if we get unkucky with injuries & suspensions - god forbid - but all told I'm really pleased to have him

Back